Author Topic: Astros vs. Reds Series Preview  (Read 1392 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Astros vs. Reds Series Preview
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:40 pm »
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

strosrays

Re: Astros vs. Reds Series Preview
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 04:13:32 pm »
Awesome.

Schreefer's shoulder via Loren Eisely by way of Tom Hulce in Animal House. Or something like that.  Fucking brilliant.

Sorry to see your interest die, though I get it.  Maybe mine will be buried somewhere near yours, in a lonely corner of Drayton McLane's backyard.

If this is the last preview, let me say - seriously - thank you. I have spent many moments over the years laughing out loud at your efforts here, and I am grateful for it.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:01:05 pm »
Limey: I have missed your pointed, pithy quips about the ball club this season. That has disappointed me even more than the Astros. I too want to thank you for all of the years of laughs that you have provided to me and to countless others. I can tell you that during my darkest, darkest days, I always could count on a belly laugh or three, often emanating from your work, that made my life bearable. Honestly, you've had a significant impact on my life and no doubt the lives of many of us. I can't say that I blame you, but I encourage you to take a little more time away from the team. However, don't give up the ship for ever. AL or not, FYB or not, the Astros will endure. Forever. I want you there with us.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Craig

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »
Yeah, thanks Limey. I've always looked forward to your previews because you bring the quality and laughs every single time. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 09:22:09 am »
I appreciate the kind words.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Señor Stan

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
  • It's a plethora!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 10:57:24 am »
Always enjoy the previews...it will be a shame if this is the last of them.

Nice work.

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:11:38 pm »
Limey, there is no emoticon for what I feel now.  The DH league is shitty enough without your scintillating commentary (and masturbation jokes)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AcigKiu_Gk
Grab another Coke and let's die

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 10:49:46 pm »
Thanks, Limey. Thanks, Craig. Thanks to all the preview writers over the years.
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."