Author Topic: How Bad?  (Read 2823 times)

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
How Bad?
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:03:08 pm »
Looking at the box score today gave me a sick feeling.  1 of 8 position player starters batting over .245 and 3 batting less than .200.  Unbeeleeevable.
Up in the Air

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
Re: How Bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »
Looking at the box score today gave me a sick feeling.  1 of 8 position player starters batting over .245 and 3 batting less than .200.  Unbeeleeevable.

What took you so long? We've been waiting for you for some time now.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:17:48 am »

You just now realized that this is a historically bad team?  You sir are are a glass half full kind of fellow.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:53:48 am »
You just now realized that this is a historically bad team?  You sir are are a glass half full kind of fellow.
More like a guy who can't remember where he put the glass.
Up in the Air

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 01:17:15 pm »
just said bout going to the al, has to be some optimism about the last year in the senior circuit
forever is composed entirely of nows

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:30 am »

They're winning at a 0.167 clip since the ASB (7-35).  If that keeps up (and there's no reason to expect it won't), they'll end up at 46-116, or 0.284.  That would be the 17th worst WP of all time.

Oh, and I've rounded up all the figures in the Astros' favour.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:52 am »
They're winning at a 0.167 clip since the ASB (7-35).  If that keeps up (and there's no reason to expect it won't), they'll end up at 46-116, or 0.284.  That would be the 17th worst WP of all time.

They have won 50% of the games I have gone to this year....
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »

And the second half would be the equivalent to the second worst of all time (and worst since 1899). Exciting times!

I do like your optimism that they will win 6 more games.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Matt

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 03:19:19 pm »
I don't know why everyone is so upset. The Astros are well out ahead in the race for the first draft pick next year. Nobody is even close!

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »
The Onion...

HOUSTON—Citing the unbelievable lack of depth at virtually every position on their roster, team sources confirmed Monday that the Houston Astros, who have the worst record in the majors, are not even good enough to play for pride at this point.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 05:05:57 pm »
The Onion...

Pretty sure the onion actually just picked this up off the AP wire.