Author Topic: West Texas Rangers Bandwagon...Full  (Read 1806 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
West Texas Rangers Bandwagon...Full
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
At the yard in Midland. If there's one douchebag here wearing a Josh Hamilton jersey, there're two hundred. Throw in the caps and tshirts, and a good 80% of the crowd is wearing some Ranger paraphenalia. Two years ago, it was all Astros.

The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: West Texas Rangers Bandwagon...Full
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:26:17 pm »
You know, it's going to be a long road back to being a good team, and we can lament how things sure got frittered away, but winning over legions of shallow front runners is never the most difficult part of the task.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 07:29:51 pm »
You know, it's going to be a long road back to being a good team, and we can lament how things sure got frittered away, but winning over legions of shallow front runners is never the most difficult part of the task.

Sad part is, many are not frontrunners. They've been lifelong Astro fans, even when times were bad. The consistent theme I hear is "the Astros just let themselves melt away without even a fight".
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 07:34:34 pm »
Sad part is, many are not frontrunners. They've been lifelong Astro fans, even when times were bad. The consistent theme I hear is "the Astros just let themselves melt away without even a fight".

It's true, they did, but giving up now smells like front running to me. It's not like the Rangers did a lot before the last couple of years.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 07:47:45 pm »
It's true, they did, but giving up now smells like front running to me. It's not like the Rangers did a lot before the last couple of years.

More than one person has told me "if i have to root for an AL team, it'll be the more established Rangers".

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 08:12:52 pm »
More than one person has told me "if i have to root for an AL team, it'll be the more established Rangers".

I cannot share that viewpoint.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34:23 pm »

Fuck anyone who has that viewpoint. Fuck 'em! Seriously.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:30:40 am »

More like Pammy and the Astros marketing geniuses let their fanbase in Texas and Louisiana melt away without a fight.  I see this in San Antonio as well; it's very doubtful that Time Warner will get the new Rockets/Astros channel next year which means we'll be subjected to nothing but Rangers games.  The Astros bumper stickers are rotting off and those disgusting red* Rangers jerseys are everywhere.  Hopefully the new regime will consider this a battle worth fighting, especially in light of the new 'rivalry.'

*seriously, what is that shade? Was it specifically selected for its ability to cause nausea?
Grab another Coke and let's die

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 10:00:55 am »

"More established?" Fuck that, I'd rather take in a game at Fenway.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand