Author Topic: Adam Lind perhaps?!?  (Read 1250 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Adam Lind perhaps?!?
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »
He's having a HORRIFIC season in Toronto and was just outrighted to AAA...   but...  I wouldn't think he is *done* yet, and has some legit HR power.  If the kid turns it around, could be a steal and HOU will need a 1B/DH type next year as well (even if they do keep Carlos around).  Thoughts?  STATS LINK
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Lind perhaps?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 07:43:34 pm »
He's been dealing with some kind of recurring back thing. I doubt he's done if he can get past that, all his peripherals are ok. I don't think Toronto would give up on him just yet.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
He's been dealing with some kind of recurring back thing. I doubt he's done if he can get past that, all his peripherals are ok. I don't think Toronto would give up on him just yet.

Strict designated for assignment there by Toronto (i.e. claim him he's yours).  I've read they'd DFAd him (with no protection) because he's owed $10M through the end of 2013 (with club options through 2016) and they'd hope he could clear waivers because of that.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:28 pm »
Strict designated for assignment there by Toronto (i.e. claim him he's yours).  I've read they'd DFAd him (with no protection) because he's owed $10M through the end of 2013 (with club options through 2016) and they'd hope he could clear waivers because of that.

Whose fault was that signing?
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:39:58 pm »
Whose fault was that signing?

Anthopoulos. But I think the people of Toronto will forgive him, considering he somehow managed to offload the entire Vernon Wells contract.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 11:03:47 pm »
Anthopoulos. But I think the people of Toronto will forgive him, considering he somehow managed to offload the entire Vernon Wells contract.

Arte Moreno is an idiot for taking that one on.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius