Author Topic: absolute madness  (Read 1742 times)

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
absolute madness
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:10:26 am »
I am currently on board a charter bus packed with 44 eighth graders and 9 fellow adults heading from Denton to San Antonio. Tonight, the choir will perform, and tomorrow the hooligans will terrorize Fiesta Texas from open to close. I am supposed to monitor their activities during these endeavors. I am supposed to abstain from alcoholic beverages during this time, so if someone would have a sympathy shot of tequila for me, I'd be most appreciative.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Re: absolute madness
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:52:15 am »
Not enough adults.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 10:50:15 am »
I am currently on board a charter bus packed with 44 eighth graders and 9 fellow adults heading from Denton to San Antonio. Tonight, the choir will perform, and tomorrow the hooligans will terrorize Fiesta Texas from open to close. I am supposed to monitor their activities during these endeavors. I am supposed to abstain from alcoholic beverages during this time, so if someone would have a sympathy shot of tequila for me, I'd be most appreciative.

I can't do tequila, but I will drink an entire large iced tea this morning in your honor. Sounds like a lot of fun for the kiddos! You are a lucky mom who gets to participate.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 11:02:09 am »
Not enough adults.

I was recently informed that I mispronounced the number of adults on the trip; there are actually 14 altogether. Apparently, some chose to travel by car rather than by bus.

I'm actually happy to go, but can't help but think that I must be nuts. I am, however, the only mom on the trip who rides roller coasters, and apparently that has earned me something called "cool points" among the hooligans.
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »
I was recently informed that I mispronounced the number of adults on the trip; there are actually 14 altogether. Apparently, some chose to travel by car rather than by bus.

I'm actually happy to go, but can't help but think that I must be nuts. I am, however, the only mom on the trip who rides roller coasters, and apparently that has earned me something called "cool points" among the hooligans.

You definitely score points with me for riding the rollercoasters, especially since I don't think that I could do that now at my age, although you are much younger than me. Have a ball!!! I love that age. Most of them are really good kids who haven't picked up that teenage angst just yet. They're still sweet.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Noe

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »
Not enough adults.

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 10:24:17 am »
Somewhat eventful night last night. The chaperones busted numerous kids running down the halls of the hotel, and I do believe the floor of the lobby has never been as dripping wet with post-pool swimsuit leakage.

It was discovered that, in two instances, choir boys were placed in rooms next to choir girls, with connecting doors (which could be unlocked) on both sides. The boys from the 5th floor switched with the girls from the 4th floor, and all was well.

All youths from choir were lectured about not switching rooms and not playing "Truth or Dare" at any time, in any place, during this trip. Apparently, a group of the band kids were trying to play it on their bus ride down here yesterday, and last night some of the same group was wandering the hotel hallways searching for willing participants. Ah, band geeks... ah, junior high.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 10:26:08 am by 94CougarGrad »

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 11:53:52 am »
We're on the trek home now, cruising up 35 just south of Lorena. Attempts to convince the choir director to detour to Lockhart were unsuccessful, as have been the endeavors to stop at Czech Stop for kolaches.

On the bright side, both choirs won Superior and Best in Class ratings and trophies, sweeping the middle school choral divisions, so we're coming home with some nice hardware. Our orchestra and jazz band also did really well, and 4 trophies are coming home on their bus.

Amazingly, none of the kids- including my near-albino redhead and another like boy- got sunburned yesterday, and the food at Fiesta Texas, while outrageously priced, wasn't half bad. And the view of the walls of the old rock quarry is spectacular from the Scream, even if you only spend 90 seconds looking at them because you're going so fast.