Author Topic: Texan = Pussy  (Read 1107 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Texan = Pussy
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:02:09 pm »
Somewhere along the line it not only became appropriate to Mess With Texas, but apparently viewed as the path of least resistance as well. It is this perception, not the stupid-ass DH, that is bothering me most about the Astros going to the AL West.

And as you are torching me for making this statement, please keep in mind that although I may live out of state, I was born a Texan, and will die a Texan. Also keep in mind the following: Bud Selig, home game in Milwaukee, AL West; Jeff Pearlman et al, Bagwell, 41.7% first ballot votes for the HOF.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: Texan = Pussy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 01:14:05 pm »
But isn't it Mess With Houston? The Rangers are making out like bandits.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:15:40 pm »
I really think it had less to do with the Astros than it did timing.  If just about any team outside of NY, Boston, LA, was the one being sold right now, they would be the ones moving.  It really appears as though everyone wanted 15/15 but nobody was willing to move, thus the next team to get sold was gonna not only sold, but sold down the river.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Matt

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20:21 pm »
I really think it had less to do with the Astros than it did timing.  If just about any team outside of NY, Boston, LA, was the one being sold right now, they would be the ones moving.  It really appears as though everyone wanted 15/15 but nobody was willing to move, thus the next team to get sold was gonna not only sold, but sold down the river.

And the Astros were lucky enough to be the worst team in baseball at the time of this realignment.

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 01:20:28 pm »
But isn't it Mess With Houston? The Rangers are making out like bandits.

You take aim at my brother, you better know that you are taking aim at me as well.  Our brethren in the north obviously don't subscribe to that way of thinking...
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Andyzipp

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:46:48 pm »
You take aim at my brother, you better know that you are taking aim at me as well.  Our brethren in the north obviously don't subscribe to that way of thinking...

Only when they're explaining why you should root for the Cowboys.