Author Topic: Astros in Winter ball  (Read 2431 times)

chuckd

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
Astros in Winter ball
« on: October 10, 2011, 08:13:14 pm »
How are the Astros doing in Winter ball? thxs

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Astros in Winter ball
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:55:08 am »
Haven't been keeping track. FWIW, the gal over at "What the Heck, Bobby" has been doing a good job of updating Winter League Rosters (here, here, and here), as well as Arizona Fall League misc., and status of Astros MiLBers in the Baseball World Cup.

Hope it helps!
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

chuckd

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 09:25:10 am »
Thank you That gave me the info that I was looking for

astrosfan76

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:55 am »
BA had a nice write-up on Bogusevic today, focusing on his goals for the Dominican Winter League and how he met them. 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/winter-baseball/winter-wonders/2012/2612764.html

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:04 pm »
BA had a nice write-up on Bogusevic today, focusing on his goals for the Dominican Winter League and how he met them. 

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/winter-baseball/winter-wonders/2012/2612764.html
Great piece, thanks for posting. I'm really pulling for Bogusevic.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

astrosfan76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »
Great piece, thanks for posting. I'm really pulling for Bogusevic.

I am, also.  He seems to have as good of a chance as anyone at making the club as a starter in the OF.  Barring a trade, Lee is a lock and Martinez is probably close (at least out of the gate), so he just has to beat out Wallace (keeping Lee at 1B) and Bourgeois and the Spring invites for a starting corner spot.  If he can keep the discipline and pop a few like the walkoff GS, he's a pretty intriguing player.

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »

Thanks for the link!
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »
I am, also.  He seems to have as good of a chance as anyone at making the club as a starter in the OF.  Barring a trade, Lee is a lock and Martinez is probably close (at least out of the gate), so he just has to beat out Wallace (keeping Lee at 1B) and Bourgeois and the Spring invites for a starting corner spot.  If he can keep the discipline and pop a few like the walkoff GS, he's a pretty intriguing player.

Don't forget Schafer.  I know it's easy, what with the substances that cause short-term memory loss and all.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

astrosfan76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 04:24:26 pm »
Don't forget Schafer.  I know it's easy, what with the substances that cause short-term memory loss and all.

Oh, I'm not forgetting him. Someone retweeted him the other day and he said he's going to be a better person and role model in '12, so I'm expecting big things. Really, I do consider him the front runner for CF, though.