Author Topic: Paredes baserunning in the 9th today  (Read 3369 times)

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
Paredes baserunning in the 9th today
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:03:08 pm »
Was that 100% his fault, that he took too aggressive of a turn around 2nd, or was it partly Clark's fault for waiting so long to give CJ the stop sign, and not noticing Paredes running up his ass? I know you don't want CJ thrown out at the plate when you're down by 2, but Paredes representing the tying run and getting to 3rd base with one out would have been huge. Jimmy was being reckless, yeah, but you can see what he was thinking there. He also got a much better read on the ball off the bat, whereas CJ held up for a second because he couldn't tell it was going to drop.

I'm just curious what others who saw the play thought, and since there was no GZ thread...
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: Paredes baserunning in the 9th today
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:09:27 pm »
It wasn't on in my neck of the woods, so I'm no help. Second game in a row, and third out of four to not be shown here.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:19:03 pm »
It wasn't on in my neck of the woods, so I'm no help. Second game in a row, and third out of four to not be shown here.

I haven't seen one since Wednesday. The Rangers' takeover is complete.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:22:01 pm »
I haven't seen one since Wednesday. The Rangers' takeover is complete.

I fear this. My cable company has been very good at showing Astro games on back channels but that hasn't been happening this season.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »
I fear this. My cable company has been very good at showing Astro games on back channels but that hasn't been happening this season.

The only thing surprising about this is how rapidly it has happened.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:55:13 pm »
The only thing surprising about this is how rapidly it has happened.

Kind of happened overnight. They always found the extra channel for the Ranger, but not the Astros.

Can't even buy access on MLB Extra Innings due to inane blackout policies.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 05:57:54 pm »
I did not understand this issue until HH explained to me a couple years ago - long story short, if you are a sports fan, you should have DirecTV. You could see every astros game.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:09:15 pm »
I did not understand this issue until HH explained to me a couple years ago - long story short, if you are a sports fan, you should have DirecTV. You could see every astros game.

Unless you live in Texas.
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 06:15:56 pm »
Unless you live in Texas.

No the opposite - if you live in Texas and get directv, you get every game without paying for ExtraInnings. I didn't understand it either - DirecTV carries Fox Sports Houston (everywhere in the country), and since all of Texas in in the viewing area, the games aren't blacked out. The issue is that most cable systems outside of Houston don't carry FSH. If you get dish, you will get all the games (and it will be cheaper than cable + EI for sure).
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »
No the opposite - if you live in Texas and get directv, you get every game without paying for ExtraInnings. I didn't understand it either - DirecTV carries Fox Sports Houston (everywhere in the country), and since all of Texas in in the viewing area, the games aren't blacked out. The issue is that most cable systems outside of Houston don't carry FSH. If you get dish, you will get all the games (and it will be cheaper than cable + EI for sure).

The problem is when FSH doesnt carry the game, as has happened the last 4 nights.  It was on Fox 20 which is not on DTV outside of Houston. 
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »
Oh - true, but speaking generally. If you live in texas and follow the astros, DTV your best bet.
  -  Orson Welles

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 06:58:09 pm »
I think it was on Fox SW today, but TW failed to carry it on any channel. It used to be that they would find somewhere to show it. I suspect those days are over.

Thanks for mentioning the my20 issue as I was researching a Direct TV purchase and that would be a factor. Of course, everything might be further complicated when the Astros/Rockets network starts. Don't know who will carry that.

I'd be happy to pay for extra innings, but that doesn't help. Stupidity.  Someone is willing to pay for a product, but it isn't offered.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 07:00:19 pm »
Barely any games are on my20 - i'd guess sub 10 a year
  -  Orson Welles

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »
Oh - true, but speaking generally. If you live in texas and follow the astros, DTV your best bet.

Yep, with DTV I've only missed maybe 7 or 8 including these last three

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »
Was that 100% his fault, that he took too aggressive of a turn around 2nd, or was it partly Clark's fault for waiting so long to give CJ the stop sign, and not noticing Paredes running up his ass?

It didn't look to me that Paredes ever glanced at Clark.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 08:04:23 pm »
But if he did, what television network would Clark have been watching?
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »
That's probably correct- and he definitely should've at least glanced at CJ before dashing on to 3rd. I guess what I'm asking is did Clark fuck up by waiting so long to throw up the stop sign for CJ by which time Paredes (in Clark's sight-line, by the way) was halfway to third with a Pence-track mind?
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:57 pm »
I watched the play but not closely enough to opine on the issue. I've got to think that it was a boner by Paredes not looking at the runner in front of him to see where he was.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 08:47:14 am »
I watched the play but not closely enough to opine on the issue. I've got to think that it was a boner by Paredes not looking at the runner in front of him to see where he was.

I watched and mostly agree with this assessment.  IIRC, Paredes was watching the ball loop out to center and not his third base coach.  Once he saw the ball land and roll, he put his head down and started to dig for third.  I don't think he ever picked up Clark until after the big turn and probably only as a result of hearing someone yell obscenities at him.