Author Topic: Remembering 9/11: National Geographic Channel  (Read 981 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Remembering 9/11: National Geographic Channel
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:51:26 pm »
National Geographic Channel is in the midst of a week long "Remembering 9/11" retrospective. Well done thus far.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering 9/11: National Geographic Channel
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:17:21 pm »
I can't watch that stuff. When I remember the horror of the sounds of those heavy thumps, that human rain, and then figuring out what it was, I have to go away for a while. I studied the Holocaust pretty extensively and I learned that keeping a distance is essential. With 9/11, I just can't, I get swallowed up in it.

Never forget.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 01:40:19 am »
National Geographic Channel is in the midst of a week long "Remembering 9/11" retrospective. Well done thus far.

I have watched some of it, including the President Bush interview. It was very well done and very informative.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 06:47:46 am »
i watched the Sunday programming. it was excellent. the Bush interview was especially good. never, ever forget that day. we owe it to the victims who did nothing but go to work. infinitely worse than Pearl Harbor, imo.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:20:17 am »
I watched the Sunday night programs as well, but shouldn't have done that right before bed.  I was up for a while after that, and I think I've seen about as much 9/11 coverage as I can stomach for the next few years.

Except for watching "Inside the Twin Towers" a few years ago, this was the most extensive documentary I had seen on the blow-by-blow events of 9/11.  I had never heard the cockpit audio of the hijackers, nor of the Flight 11 flight attendant's phone call to American Airlines after the first hijack happened.  Bone-chilling stuff.

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:41:27 am »
Thanks, I wasn't aware of these shows.