Author Topic: Baseball & tornados  (Read 771 times)

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
Baseball & tornados
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:57:36 pm »
I have really been emotionally impacted by the recent storms in Alabama & Tennessee.  My wife & I lived in the Tuscaloosa & Birmingham areas from 91-02.  Several communities close to her home in NW Alabama were hit hard.  The county where I was born had over 30 people killed and the place where we live now had 7 people killed.  It has put so much into perspective.  Thankfully all of my family was safe.  I did lose one friend in Alabama to the storms

Rick Reilly did a nice piece on the Hueytown High baseball team which is playing in the 5 A state playoffs despite their coach and several players being impacted by the storms. 

I love baseball and I love that it can be a part of healing for people hurting from times like this. 
Always ready to go to a game.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball & tornados
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:23 pm »
I have really been emotionally impacted by the recent storms in Alabama & Tennessee.  My wife & I lived in the Tuscaloosa & Birmingham areas from 91-02.  Several communities close to her home in NW Alabama were hit hard.  The county where I was born had over 30 people killed and the place where we live now had 7 people killed.  It has put so much into perspective.  Thankfully all of my family was safe.  I did lose one friend in Alabama to the storms.  

Rick Reilly did a nice piece on the Hueytown High baseball team which is playing in the 5 A state playoffs despite their coach and several players being impacted by the storms.  

I love baseball and I love that it can be a part of healing for people hurting from times like this.  

To your point, it does put everything into perspective.  Very sorry for your loss and I hope your community recovers quickly
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright