Author Topic: 2 interesting games going on right now...  (Read 908 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
2 interesting games going on right now...
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:04:27 pm »
DET at TOR and MIL at STL. Might be worth a look in...
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
Re: 2 interesting games going on right now...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 05:10:02 pm »
Okay, so the MIL at STL game isn't as exciting as it was a pitch ago... Gallardo allowed a hit in B8.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »
FWIW, Jim Joyce is not umping the DET at TOR game (though CB Buchnor is at 2B)...

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 05:20:19 pm »
Heck of a duel there with Verlander and Arencibia. Walked on the 12th pitch of the AB with Verlander hitting 100 and 101 on the gun.  DP ends the 8th inning though, with Verlander having faced the minimum.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 05:21:53 pm »
Verlander is throwing 101 in the eighth inning.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 05:28:43 pm »
Verlander is throwing 101 in the eighth inning.

Misc. irrelevant note here... in Verlander's 06/12/07 game he walked 4. 3 of those walks were issued to Bill Hall. Who'd'a thunk it?!?!?

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 05:48:28 pm »
Verlander pulled it off. Unlike Liriano's no-no, Verlander was dominant! But for excellent 12-pitch AB by Arencibia, would've had the perfecto.  AWESOME PERFORMANCE!!!

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »
Thanks for the tip, I watched the 9th. pretty cool to see the final inning of two no-hitters in the span of what, 3 days?
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 05:57:02 pm »
Thanks for the tip, I watched the 9th. pretty cool to see the final inning of two no-hitters in the span of what, 3 days?

Something like that. What is crazy is that Verlanders no hitter was the 4th(?) no hit or perfecto bid into the 7th inning since the Liriano no-no (actually, those 4 were within the last 24 hours).