Author Topic: The Hand of God - A Sign  (Read 1041 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
The Hand of God - A Sign
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:13:22 am »
For those of you that have been orbiting one of our outer planets for the past couple years, I live in NYC.   Celebrity sightings are pretty common and just as boring as you might expect.   Most celebrities are hideous social retards with bad teeth and ugly dogs.   Why people are fascinated with them is beyond me.  But that's not what I came to tell you.

I get my hair cut at the same Italian barber shop in midtown (real off-the-boat Italians) and usually see commercial actors, wannabe mobsters, possible real mobsters, local celebrities (like newspeople), and your occasional real-deal A lister.   Whatever.   We're all in the same gang here.

But today was different.   I'm sitting in the same chair as usual, Angelo cutting my hair and telling me Jew jokes, Italian jokes, old people jokes as usual.   Only this time, the guy in the chair right next to me is being overly talkative.  Not like in a drugged out way, just a happy cheerful fellow.   He's a tallish gangly Jew, late 50s maybe, and he's talking to EVERYone.    What part of town they live in, where their favorite restaurant is, isn't NY fantastic, what street they live on, don't you just love this barber shop, etc.   

After a good 15-20 minutes of this, and to be clear -- he's not being a pain in the ass, he's a super nice guy and everyone is having a good time talking to him -- he goes to the back to get his hair rinsed.

Angelo leans in to my ear and says "you know who that is right?"  Which is odd because he NEVER stops to point out the other celebrities/former famous people. 

"Nope."

"You never saw Police Academy?"

"Of course."

"That's Steve Guttenberg.   He comes in every 3 weeks and sits here for 5 hours talking to everyone that comes in.   What a nice guy."

The Astros will not lose another game.    Mark it down.   I expect to see Scott Baio at lunch.

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
Re: The Hand of God - A Sign
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 09:45:17 am »
Did you tell him about this awesome guy named JackAstro?
Grab another Coke and let's die

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 09:49:02 am »
If you've ever seen the Party Down episode "Steve Guttenberg's Birthday," that's particularly funny.

"Making art is an act of courage.  Do you know who said that?"
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:17:53 am »
Did you tell him about this awesome guy named JackAstro?

I did.   Steve said he knows all about him and keeps a photoshopped picture of JackAstro's face wearing a Three Men and a Baby ballcap on his cellphone as his avatar.  Weird, right?