Author Topic: Run for the Rose  (Read 830 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Run for the Rose
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:24:00 am »
I will be dragging my aging carcass running this Sunday for a very good cause – the Dr. Marnie Rose Foundation – raising money for brain cancer research.  I run in the John C. Merchant Foundation team, named after the father of good friends of mine who was taken by brain cancer far too soon.

Click here to donate to our team’s cause.  Just enter "Ray Ward" in the search window and follow the link to my donation page.  Don't forget that your company may well match your donation.  It takes just a couple of minutes to do, but will make the world of difference to someone!

Wish me luck and please make a donation!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: Run for the Rose
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:55:38 am »
For those interested, I finished in 35 mins, which I think is respectable for someone who runs once a year...at this event.  Cramp free this time, so I finished 7 mins faster than last year, and got on a live Ch. 13 news broadcast for my efforts.

Donation window still open for those of you who were holding back in case I died crossing the bridge back over Kirby - which felt like a distinct possibility at the time.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.