Author Topic: Some former Astros news...  (Read 2251 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Some former Astros news...
« on: January 21, 2011, 11:16:53 am »
Byrdak signed a minor league contract with the Stem. LINK

Valverde wins the Detroit version on Dancing with the Stars. LINK

Santiago said Valverde's secret weapon -- the prancing paunch on his 6-foot-4, 255-pound frame -- was the key.
"Valverde, when he got on stage everybody went crazy," Santiago said. "When he moved his belly, it was a typical Valverde dance, so it's why he win."

In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Some former Astros news...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:33:59 pm »
Byrdak signed a minor league contract with the Stem. LINK

Valverde wins the Detroit version on Dancing with the Stars. LINK

Santiago said Valverde's secret weapon -- the prancing paunch on his 6-foot-4, 255-pound frame -- was the key.
"Valverde, when he got on stage everybody went crazy," Santiago said. "When he moved his belly, it was a typical Valverde dance, so it's why he win."

Willy T*v*r*s signed with the Rockies, too.
Up in the Air

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 12:39:02 am »

I'll see your Willy T*v*r*s signing and raise you a Jason Lane signing (Toronto)... LINK
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:52:54 am »

I'd like to buy a vowel.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

ValpoCory

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:47:41 am »
Probably Cabrera'd, but Troy Patton had trouble a couple weeks ago.  On the bright side, his BAC was higher than his ERA this year.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/orioles-pitcher-troy-patton-arrested-and-charged-with-dwi/

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 01:06:40 pm »
Probably Cabrera'd, but Troy Patton had trouble a couple weeks ago.  On the bright side, his BAC was higher than his ERA this year.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/orioles-pitcher-troy-patton-arrested-and-charged-with-dwi/

... but both "benefited" from a small sample size.
Up in the Air

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:00:22 pm »
Latest former Astro to sign: Sampson to the Rockies on a minor league deal.

Link

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 08:31:18 pm »
Latest former Astro to sign: Sampson to the Rockies on a minor league deal.

Link
Good to see. Hope he comes back healthy and does well.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 06:04:38 am »
Good to see. Hope he comes back healthy and does well.
Agreed ... I saw him at RR and in his first start in Houston where he pitched 6 or 7 innings of great baseball against the cubs.  I have always been a fan even as he struggled, and I hope he pulls it together in Colorado.

That said, I don't think that mountain air will be too kind to him if he can't keep the ball on the ground.  If he gets a little wild up in the zone as he did for much of last year he is going to get hammered.
Up in the Air

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 09:20:01 am »
Agreed ... I saw him at RR and in his first start in Houston where he pitched 6 or 7 innings of great baseball against the cubs.  I have always been a fan even as he struggled, and I hope he pulls it together in Colorado.

That said, I don't think that mountain air will be too kind to him if he can't keep the ball on the ground.  If he gets a little wild up in the zone as he did for much of last year he is going to get hammered.

i agree. he has to be perfect to succeed, and that park will not forgive his mistakes.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.