Author Topic: Astros vs. stRangers, 6/18/10  (Read 994 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Astros vs. stRangers, 6/18/10
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
Astros:

Bourn cf
Keppinger 2b
Berkman 1b
Lee lf
Pence rf
Blum 3b
Quintero c
Manzella ss
Rodriguez p

Rangers:

Andrus ss
Young 3b
Kinsler 2b
Guerrero rf
Hamilton lf
Smoak 1b
Treanor c
Borbon cf
Feldman p
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
Re: Astros vs. stRangers, 6/18/10
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »
And just like that Wandy allows 6 to score (on 4 hits) with 2 out in T3.  Middle 3: TEX 6, HOU 0
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 08:14:20 pm »
Astros put 2 on (for the 2nd time in the game), but can't bring 'em home.  End 3: TEX 6, HOU 0

And that'll do it on the game reporting tonight.  Not that I'm apathetic, I just don't care......

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 08:18:24 pm »
And that'll do it on the game reporting tonight.  Not that I'm apathetic, I just don't care......

Yep, don't have the heart for it tonight, myself.  Golf on tv here. 
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:32:22 pm »
So that I understand this correctly: through the 8th inning of game 68 Q has a higher batting average than Berkman, Bourn, Blum, Feliz and Lee, yet is still below Wandy, who is hitting .261...   

Yep.

Got it.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:13 pm »
So that I understand this correctly: through the 8th inning of game 68 Q has a higher batting average than Berkman, Bourn, Blum, Feliz and Lee, yet is still below Wandy, who is hitting .261...   

Yep.

Got it.

The Astros are the worst team in baseball in terms of batting average, OBP (by a surprisingly large margin) and slugging. This means the Pirates and the Orioles and the Mariners are BETTER THAN THE ASTROS in these areas. They are (if I recall correctly) second to last in runs and home runs. This is an absolutely putrid offensive baseball team. And I don't see how it could possibly be any better next year.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregĂșntale a Pedro Navaja