Author Topic: Anchors aweigh  (Read 3211 times)

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Anchors aweigh
« on: May 07, 2010, 06:06:37 pm »
{sailor}

Goddam motherfuckin' cock-suckin' asshole psychiatric hospital sonsofbitches. Stop passing the buck with our foster kids. They're KIDS, for Chrissake.

Fuckin' shithead asshats.

{/sailor}
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
Re: Anchors aweigh
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 06:09:00 pm »
Ahoy!

Sounds tough. You've got my prayers.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:53:37 pm »
I feel your pain! Go get 'em!
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »
{sailor}

Goddam motherfuckin' cock-suckin' asshole psychiatric hospital sonsofbitches. Stop passing the buck with our foster kids. They're KIDS, for Chrissake.

Fuckin' shithead asshats.

{/sailor}

Buddy up to your CASA, advocate for the kids by being as loud and aggressive as you can with the psychs, the courts and, especially, the social workers. The social workers are absolutely slammed and if there was ever a situation where the squeaky wheel got the oil, it's with them. You are charged with (and honored with) the responsibility of being the voice that these kids do not have. Yell as loud as you can when you advocate for them, there is no shame in that.

Kudos and blessings to you for your work.  
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 10:37:23 pm »
Thank you, das and guys.

It's just been a rough week for two of our kiddos, and then in turn for our agency. I hate it when people *cough psychiatric hospitals cough* don't do right by these kids. We've been beyond scramble mode since Tuesday, and while it's quieted down for the moment, it ain't over yet, unfortunately. If I'm still swearing like a sailor by Wednesday, you'll know that it only got worse. Not to mention that we're losing both of these kids, and God only knows where they'll end up.

I texted my director tonight that after this crap, I need 27 margaritas, and his response was: "28." He just e-mailed me to remind me of a few things, and he signed off by saying, "I'm up to 30."
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 07:38:31 pm »
It's Tuesday, and all I can say is: shithead asswipe meddling fuckers!

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:54 pm »
It's Tuesday, and all I can say is: shithead asswipe meddling fuckers!

Thanks for what you do. I am definitely in for a couple of your margaritas when ya'll are ready.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »
I second thuois - anytime you are down in town and want to drink for free, let me know. I am not as annoying as I seem.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

strosrays

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »
I am not as annoying as I seem.

Actually, I have suspected this for awhile.

Of course, we could both be wrong.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 09:23:21 am »
This is what one local foster parent is dealing with now.    Good family!  They are not giving up on fostering.  See it as a calling.

Hang in there those who are in the trenches.  By the way May is National Foster Parent Month.  If you know a foster parent, give them some encouragement or maybe a gift card to have a night out.
Always ready to go to a game.

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 09:16:01 am »
This is what one local foster parent is dealing with now.    Good family!  They are not giving up on fostering.  See it as a calling.

I wonder how they passed and maintained their home inspection with a gun in the house.

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 07:27:46 pm »
I wonder how they passed and maintained their home inspection with a gun in the house.

In Tx, if the gun is registered and all properly legal-like and is kept in a gun safe or some other such storage facility which prohibits access to the gun by the chillun, it's typically allowed. I don't remember all the specifics of the rule, but there are plenty of peace officers and hunters who keep guns in their houses and are also foster parents.

We had a surprise licensing inspection today, and the only reason I'm not cussing is because (a) we did fine and (b) the stuff that we got cited for is not only nitpicky, but can be fixed easily. The kiddos we lost are in new placements now, and hopefully they'll do well there.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 05:52:55 am »

Guns must be trigger locked and stored in a locked area.  Ammo must be locked and stored elsewhere. 

One of the persons arrested is a 17 year old foster child who ran away in March. 
Always ready to go to a game.

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 06:58:43 am »
In Tx, if the gun is registered and all properly legal-like and is kept in a gun safe or some other such storage facility which prohibits access to the gun by the chillun, it's typically allowed. I don't remember all the specifics of the rule, but there are plenty of peace officers and hunters who keep guns in their houses and are also foster parents.

We had a surprise licensing inspection today, and the only reason I'm not cussing is because (a) we did fine and (b) the stuff that we got cited for is not only nitpicky, but can be fixed easily. The kiddos we lost are in new placements now, and hopefully they'll do well there.

Congrats on the positive inspection and the new placements.

I live in a liberal county in the center of a populous center of the state that dominates the conservative eastern and western portions of the state.  It is not surprising that our County DSS would disallow any and all guns.  It's a shame since it precludes military families (of which there are many in this area) and police officers.  But, remember, this is the same organization that banned bunk beds for safety reasons so there is no comprehending their "logic".

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 07:10:39 am »
Guns must be trigger locked and stored in a locked area.  Ammo must be locked and stored elsewhere. 

One of the persons arrested is a 17 year old foster child who ran away in March. 

Wow, that foster parent must be really fast at getting the gun from the locked area, unlocking the trigger, getting the ammo from another locked area, loading the gun and getting back to the front door in time to "confront" the guys as they forced their way in.  Or, the guys were very nice to wait patiently outside the door for him to "prepare" for their grand entrance...

I've now had 3 former foster kids come back for a visit when they age out of the system or are reunified with their family.  Each was a delightful or beneficial encounter.  That said, you hope for the best in that situation but you prepare for the worst.