Author Topic: What are they doing?  (Read 1064 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
What are they doing?
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:22:59 am »
So what happens with the kids that were signed last year but didn't make it to full season ball this year?  Extended Spring Training?  What are they doing, drills all day?  Scrimmages?  Just curious.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Jacksonian

• Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
Re: What are they doing?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:27:02 am »
So what happens with the kids that were signed last year but didn't make it to full season ball this year?  Extended Spring Training?  What are they doing, drills all day?  Scrimmages?  Just curious.

Extended yes.  They play games against the other orgs extended teams as well.  It's a time for teaching...
Goin' for a bus ride.

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: What are they doing?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 03:28:34 pm »

Extended Spring involves a monotonous routine of practices and then playing scrimmage games against other teams in the area.  By the time they start Short Season ball, they are anxious to begin playing games that do count.
Always ready to go to a game.