Author Topic: Pinwheel on Oswalt  (Read 707 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Pinwheel on Oswalt
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:42:56 pm »
Oswalt still gets delight from pitching

“I hate losing,” [Oswalt] added. “I've never lost. Even coming through the minor leagues, we won at every level. Losing is not an option. It's something I'm not acquainted with.”

The comment above got me curious.  Any thoughts on whether 'developing a culture of winning' (or losing) at the minor league level translates to winning or losing in the major leagues?

In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: Pinwheel on Oswalt
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:46:21 am »
Oswalt still gets delight from pitching

“I hate losing,” [Oswalt] added. “I've never lost. Even coming through the minor leagues, we won at every level. Losing is not an option. It's something I'm not acquainted with.”

The comment above got me curious.  Any thoughts on whether 'developing a culture of winning' (or losing) at the minor league level translates to winning or losing in the major leagues?

of course it does. development of the player is always the first objective, but it helps if he is accustomed to winning too. winning in the minors is very much a seconday goal, imo.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.