Author Topic: Veyron Crash  (Read 1278 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Veyron Crash
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:40:34 am »
According to a caller on the radio, the nimrod who drove a $1.25mm car into a lake wasn't the owner, and wasn't insured to drive it.  The owner had been offered $2mm for the car, but is now facing an estimated $500k repair bill just to get the thing running.

Oh, and the story that the driver was spooked by a pelican?  Complete bullshit.  How do we know?  There's a video.

Enjoy.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

kevwun

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Re: Veyron Crash
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:53 am »
Can't believe the guy left it running for so long after he drove it in to the water.  He should appear on Top Gear so they can make fun of him.
Crazy Joe McCluskey was fucking nuts.  It's why they called him Crazy Joe.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 10:05:38 am »
Can't believe the guy left it running for so long after he drove it in to the water.  He should appear on Top Gear so they can make fun of him.

They will rip him whether he comes on the show or not.  My guess is not.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 10:22:06 am »
Jalopnik's reporting that the owner was driving.  In a feat of unsurpassed irony, he owns an exotic car salvage company. In Lufkin. (Note: the Lufkin part isn't ironic, but it's damned confusing)
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:57 am »
Wow. What are odds of someone filming it right then and there?!  "It's a lambo dude"

My money says he saw the guy filming him and was watching him instead of the road.  Blaming it on a pelican was somehow less embarrassing than preening for the camera.
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 11:29:38 am »
Taken down due to copyright claim?  That sucks...any alternate links?
Grab another Coke and let's die

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 12:03:28 pm »
Taken down due to copyright claim?  That sucks...any alternate links?

Try here.  Don't wait too long, though.