Author Topic: Neither here nor there... but...  (Read 990 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Neither here nor there... but...
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:15:46 pm »
Some info on Dickie Thon's son (Dickie Joe Thon) in Baseball Americas 'Ask BA' column this week.  LINK
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
Re: Neither here nor there... but...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 01:01:54 pm »
Some info on Dickie Thon's son (Dickie Joe Thon) in Baseball Americas 'Ask BA' column this week.  LINK
Interesting, thanks. By the way, Callis' previous column mentions Koby Clemens, as he ranked the top 10 sons-of-former-big-leaguer prospects:
He didn't crack my Top 10 list below because he has spent four years in Class A and did most of his damage this year in Lancaster, which might be the best hitting environment in the minors, and because it's not clear he could hack it defensively as an everyday catcher. Clemens has a much better chance of playing in Houston than he did a year ago, however, and his performance in Double-A next year will give a better indication as to his future.
New Astros manager Brad Mills' son Beau is 10th on the list.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy