Author Topic: Smoltz Wins 2009 NL CY  (Read 8966 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Smoltz Wins 2009 NL CY
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:25 pm »
Signs with Cards.   

I predict:
  • 9-0, 0.58.
  • Hits .583, slugs 2.230.
  • Brings a Jewish woman to orgasm.

GreatBagwellsBeard

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • The damn paterfamilias
    • View Profile
Re: Smoltz Wins 2009 NL CY
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:04:16 pm »
Signs with Cards.   

I predict:
  • 9-0, 0.58.

Now you're just stretching the bonds of credibility.
Drinking for two.

“I want to paint a mural of Houston for the kids, but I’m terrible at drawing swamp humidity"

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:17:35 am »
Now you're just stretching the bonds of credibility.

No. To stretch credibility he would have said 'tags a Jewish chick in the can'.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 07:39:07 am »
No. To stretch credibility he would have said 'tags a Jewish chick in the can'.

I don't even know what that means.  I understand all the English words you are using.   But in that order, I'm trying to create a mental image and cannot. 

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 08:22:45 am »
I don't even know what that means.  I understand all the English words you are using.   But in that order, I'm trying to create a mental image and cannot. 

...says the man who has never tagged anyone in the can.
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:28:08 am »

Is that like freeze tag, or more like cartoon tag?
Grab another Coke and let's die

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 08:36:32 am »
Is that like freeze tag, or more like cartoon tag?

Here, this is the perfect primer for you. If you have any follow-up questions, Yahoo answers is probably your best bet.
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Gizzmonic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:30:10 am »
Here, this is the perfect primer for you. If you have any follow-up questions, Yahoo answers is probably your best bet.

Eww...do you take some kind of perverted pleasure from sullying things I enjoy?  Or, wait, I guess that was whoever wrote this dreck.  I don't think I can ever read Avengers in the same way again.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 09:41:44 am »

Not a Jew, no.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 09:44:04 am »
Not a Jew, no.

[totallyuncalledfor] Some are saying that Chuck has. [/totallyuncalledfor]
Say hi on the Twitter

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:23 am »

if not, it is the only thing he has not done.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 09:52:01 am »
Eww...do you take some kind of perverted pleasure from sullying things I enjoy?  Or, wait, I guess that was whoever wrote this dreck.  I don't think I can ever read Avengers in the same way again.

Clearly, you are unaware that Marvel put Tim Gunn into the Iron Man suit.  I'm not kidding.

Shark...jumped.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Gizzmonic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 10:01:56 am »
Clearly, you are unaware that Marvel put Tim Gunn into the Iron Man suit.  I'm not kidding.

Shark...jumped.

Does he ride Tony's bologna pony?

Guinness

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 10:03:25 am »

I have no idea what this means, and once I looked up who Tim Gunn was, I have even less idea.  I think I'm old now, so if everyone would just get off my lawn that would be a good thing.  Thanks.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 10:05:56 am »

Hey!  I'm not actually Jewish anymore.

Oh, you meant.......ha ha!

Boy is my face red.  (softball.  lobbed.)

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 10:06:21 am »

So the new season of Project Runway will have the designers updating superhero costumes?
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

strosrays

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:29 am »
I have no idea what this means, and once I looked up who Tim Gunn was, I have even less idea.  I think I'm old now, so if everyone would just get off my lawn that would be a good thing.  Thanks.

Here.

Interdimensional Technology

Android and Angel

The Twelfth Planet and The Jesus Android

Pretty much explains everything, I believe.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 10:40:05 am »

The dinosaur rape story is astounding.

Gizzmonic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 12:13:52 pm »
The dinosaur rape story is astounding.

If by "astounding" you mean "makes me want to spend a week scrubbing myself off in the shower, and then burn every DC comic I have," then yes, it is astounding.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 12:27:27 pm »

Can we go back to talking about Lidge, please? Thank you.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

Texifornia

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 12:50:04 pm »
Here.

Interdimensional Technology

Android and Angel

The Twelfth Planet and The Jesus Android

Pretty much explains everything, I believe.

I almost didn't click on those links because I thought it might be crazy, silly, waste of time....but I'm sure glad I did because NOW I see so much more clearly. I didn't know about the giant cube in the manufactured planet. Before, I couldn't figure out how the Jesus android came over. Now that I know, it seems so obvious: Jesus android inside the giant cube inside the manufactured planet...what a divine idea!
He breezed him, one more time!

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:14 pm »
Can we go back to talking about Lidge, please? Thank you.

I'm tired of talking about Lidge. 

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 07:20:08 pm »
I'm tired of talking about Lidge. 

Don't be a dick.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 08:58:39 pm »
Don't be a dick.

I deleted the line about only gay, left handed dorks talking about Lidge.  I thought I was being nice.   

See anything good on Endor today; or where ever you are?

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 09:37:31 pm »
I deleted the line about only gay, left handed dorks talking about Lidge.  I thought I was being nice.   

See anything good on Endor today; or where ever you are?

You know, I'm having my kitchen redone because the cabinets are bullshit and the counter top sucks. I'm having a local guy install hand made cedar cabinets. I'm going to keep a natural look with only a tiny bit of varnish. I'm going to use a teak or nispero counter top on the side of the kitchen that has a bar that communicates with the living and dining room and I'm going to use granite on the side with the sink and the stove and so on. A friend of mine and I drove down to Bejuco today to check out granite at a shop down there. It's run by a gringo who also imports golf carts. Oddly enough he buys the carts from a wholesaler in Houston. Anyway, I immediately found a type that I like a lot. I think it'll work great with the cabinets and I have a plan for a tile backsplash. I'm pretty excited about this. I've wanted to do it for several years but inertia and overpowering laziness have prevailed. Oh! Then we accidentally stumbled into a roadside hammock store, the sort of place I would never ordinarily go into, and what do you know, they had some excellent stuff in there. They have some patio lounge furniture that's gooder'n hell. I think it might very well solve my current patio furniture issue.

I'd forgotten to eat so I had four chicken empanadas from the bakery at El Rey, the supermarket in Coronado. It's pretty gringo in there and I was surprised to find that they do not stock litter boxes. I cannot find a litter box anywhere, or anything that might serve as one. The cardboard box that I'm now using, or more accurately the damn cat in the front bedroom is now using is not going to last until November. The kittens all have their eyes open, by the way. It's funny, the last one born, a female and the smallest by a good margin, was the first with her eyes open and is by far the best walker so far, regularly venturing out from under the bed, teetering around, occasionally falling over sideways like a Russian on payday.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 08:18:03 am »
You know, I'm having my kitchen redone because the cabinets are bullshit and the counter top sucks. I'm having a local guy install hand made cedar cabinets. I'm going to keep a natural look with only a tiny bit of varnish. I'm going to use a teak or nispero counter top on the side of the kitchen that has a bar that communicates with the living and dining room and I'm going to use granite on the side with the sink and the stove and so on. A friend of mine and I drove down to Bejuco today to check out granite at a shop down there. It's run by a gringo who also imports golf carts. Oddly enough he buys the carts from a wholesaler in Houston. Anyway, I immediately found a type that I like a lot. I think it'll work great with the cabinets and I have a plan for a tile backsplash. I'm pretty excited about this. I've wanted to do it for several years but inertia and overpowering laziness have prevailed. Oh! Then we accidentally stumbled into a roadside hammock store, the sort of place I would never ordinarily go into, and what do you know, they had some excellent stuff in there. They have some patio lounge furniture that's gooder'n hell. I think it might very well solve my current patio furniture issue.

I'd forgotten to eat so I had four chicken empanadas from the bakery at El Rey, the supermarket in Coronado. It's pretty gringo in there and I was surprised to find that they do not stock litter boxes. I cannot find a litter box anywhere, or anything that might serve as one. The cardboard box that I'm now using, or more accurately the damn cat in the front bedroom is now using is not going to last until November. The kittens all have their eyes open, by the way. It's funny, the last one born, a female and the smallest by a good margin, was the first with her eyes open and is by far the best walker so far, regularly venturing out from under the bed, teetering around, occasionally falling over sideways like a Russian on payday.

It's seldom you'll find a thread on SnS that doesn't end up talking about pussy.
Purity of Essence

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 09:22:08 am »

Good luck on the kitchen renovations.

For the kitties.  Does Amazon ship anywhere?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

toddthebod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 09:28:25 am »
We redid our kitchen a couple of years ago.  The granite still looks awesome as does the backsplash.  If you are thinking about re-doing the floor, I will make one suggestion -- don't use cork floors.  We did because I cook a lot and I understood that the softer cork would be better for my back.  The cork has held up extremely poorly. 
Boom!

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 10:01:56 am »
BG, thanks. The self-scooping kind sounds great. I'm sure that there's a pet store somewhere in the city catering to people with more money than sense that'll have items like that. God knows what they might cost. At this point I'd make do with a rectangular plastic tub of just about any depth.

Todd, I have tile floors and have no plan to alter them. The tile is consistent throughout the house and although I don't exactly love it replacing it would be a massive undertaking and a huge and mostly needless headache. I don't know what your storage situation is but if cooking irritated my back I would think seriously about heading out to a restaurant supply store and buying one of those thick, spongy mats that kitchens and bars use and throw it down on the floor when I cook.
Y todo lo que sube baja

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 10:04:08 am »
What do you do in Panama?
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 10:05:29 am »

Please don't ask him this.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 10:08:09 am »
Please don't ask him this.

I asked him and I still don't think I know.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Noe

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 10:08:19 am »

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 10:16:07 am »

Can I answer this?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Duke

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 10:33:46 am »
We redid our kitchen a couple of years ago.  The granite still looks awesome as does the backsplash.  If you are thinking about re-doing the floor, I will make one suggestion -- don't use cork floors.  We did because I cook a lot and I understood that the softer cork would be better for my back.  The cork has held up extremely poorly. 

I think any kind of wood product installed in an area that gets wet and has a tendency to have stuff dropped on it is a bad idea.  I put bamboo down a couple of years ago in my kitchen and it didn't hold up either. 

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 10:35:53 am »

I assume you're asking about work. My work is portable and I find that I can be largely effective in Panama with a decent internet connection and a voip line. I do two things day to day. I have a telco agency. We sell business grade voice and data, private lines, ethernet, etc. I don't do a lot of new sales any more although I'm beginning to want to again. I have a handful of agents that do sell for me with varying degrees of success. I can manage the business effectively from but I'd really rather not make sales calls over a voip line of unpredictable quality. I can, though, keep up with what's going on in that world by dialing in to the innumerous training calls and so on.

I'm also a partner in what I guess I can call a technology consultancy. We sort of fell into building websites using content management modules and have been involved in some pretty sizable projects. Over time we've hit upon a couple of areas of particular specialty where we believe we really differentiate ourselves with our work, and we've been concentrating on those areas. Again, I can help manage ongoing projects very effectively from here but I'm hesitant to seek new business over a voip line that may or may not be delivering my speech in an audible manner.

So there you have it. I try to play nine holes in the afternoon weather permitting. In the evenings I watch Astros games over the internets and drink Atlas beer and grill huge langostinos in the back yard. That's about it.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 10:40:37 am »
Wow.

I usually just tell people I sell heroin to kids.   It's shorter, easier to understand, and usually satisfies people more than the truth.  You might try it.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 10:44:12 am »
"I also love looong walks on the beach and kittens."
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 10:47:22 am »

and what would be wrong with that?

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:34 am »
Wow.

I usually just tell people I sell heroin to kids.   It's shorter, easier to understand, and usually satisfies people more than the truth.  You might try it.

That's what I took away from it anyways.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:52 am »

I'll occasionally walk down the beach to Pipa's for a beer or two but usually I drive.

http://www.pipasbeach.com/content/view/3/3/lang,es/

"Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Sunday from 10:00a.m. until closing"

I don't know about the kittens yet. Get back to me in a month or so. I do know I'm getting that damn cat spayed.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Gizzmonic

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 10:49:41 am »
and what would be wrong with that?

I'll take "Things Miss November would be likely to say" for $600, Alex.

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 10:52:53 am »
"As you know, we run a baby ring. Oh, it's really a very simple process. We keep two girls
at all times, who are impregnated by Channing, our rather fertile servant. We sell the babies
to lesbian couples and then we invest the money in various businesses around town. We own a few pornography shops, plus, we front money to a chain of heroin pushers in the inner city
elementary schools."
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 10:57:41 am »
Everything I know about Panama I learned from Season 3 of Prison Break, which means every thing mentioned in the last few posts is entirely plausible.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 11:00:58 am »
"As you know, we run a baby ring. Oh, it's really a very simple process. We keep two girls
at all times, who are impregnated by Channing, our rather fertile servant. We sell the babies
to lesbian couples and then we invest the money in various businesses around town. We own a few pornography shops, plus, we front money to a chain of heroin pushers in the inner city
elementary schools."

Wow. Very well done.

Back when I lived in DC I was up in Baltimore driving around one afternoon for some reason. I was stopped at a light on North Howard preparing to cross over 83. I looked in my rear view mirror and who was sitting behind me in a tan Chrysler K-car? You bet, John Waters.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 11:14:32 am »
That's what I took away from it anyways.

See?

I've even convinced my parents to tell their friends when they ask "so what DOES Alkie Jr do?"

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 11:20:28 am »
Wow. Very well done.

Back when I lived in DC I was up in Baltimore driving around one afternoon for some reason. I was stopped at a light on North Howard preparing to cross over 83. I looked in my rear view mirror and who was sitting behind me in a tan Chrysler K-car? You bet, John Waters.

I'm a big fan. A K-car is a perfect image.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 11:27:06 am »
I'm a big fan. A K-car is a perfect image.

I know. I couldn't possibly have made that part of it up. Perfect.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Guinness

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2009, 11:57:58 am »
I'll occasionally walk down the beach to Pipa's for a beer or two but usually I drive.

http://www.pipasbeach.com/content/view/3/3/lang,es/

"Hours of Operation: Tuesday - Sunday from 10:00a.m. until closing"

I don't know about the kittens yet. Get back to me in a month or so. I do know I'm getting that damn cat spayed.

We have a new kitten named Jack.  He's probably 2 months old (he was rescued).  Bundle of energy.  Too bad cats don't grow up to be kittens instead of the other way around.  Our other 2 older cats are used to him now, and have even gotten a bit more playful.  True story.

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2009, 01:41:55 pm »
I assume you're asking about work. My work is portable and I find that I can be largely effective in Panama with a decent internet connection and a voip line. I do two things day to day. I have a telco agency. We sell business grade voice and data, private lines, ethernet, etc. I don't do a lot of new sales any more although I'm beginning to want to again. I have a handful of agents that do sell for me with varying degrees of success. I can manage the business effectively from but I'd really rather not make sales calls over a voip line of unpredictable quality. I can, though, keep up with what's going on in that world by dialing in to the innumerous training calls and so on.

I'm also a partner in what I guess I can call a technology consultancy. We sort of fell into building websites using content management modules and have been involved in some pretty sizable projects. Over time we've hit upon a couple of areas of particular specialty where we believe we really differentiate ourselves with our work, and we've been concentrating on those areas. Again, I can help manage ongoing projects very effectively from here but I'm hesitant to seek new business over a voip line that may or may not be delivering my speech in an audible manner.

So there you have it. I try to play nine holes in the afternoon weather permitting. In the evenings I watch Astros games over the internets and drink Atlas beer and grill huge langostinos in the back yard. That's about it.

It's Friday the 21st.  You are supposed to use Cover #386.2b on the third Friday of each month, comrade.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 06:39:58 pm »
Signs with Cards.   

I predict:
  • 9-0, 0.58.

For fuck's sake.

1/9th of the way there.

Smoltz is now 1-0, 0.00, 9 K, 0 BB.   Hitting .333.   Shirley Goldstein has been fellated.