Author Topic: Kelt Extra Old  (Read 1047 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Kelt Extra Old
« on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:03 pm »
I've never been a huge fan of cognac, but tonight I discovered Kelt X.O.  Holy Sweet Cherry Pie that's some good hooch.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
Re: Kelt Extra Old
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:47:05 am »
It looks fantastic, but I can't go $150 a bottle right now.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:54:17 am »
It looks fantastic, but I can't go $150 a bottle right now.

Yeah, it's not free.  Well, it was last night, but that's another story.  I'm told their V.S.O.P. is excellent also, and it's much more reasonably priced, around $50/bottle.  I'll have to look into that.

The thing that supposedly makes the Kelt so good is that after it's distilled, before it's bottled, it's carried around world on a ship in the oak barrels for at least a year.  That supposedly really changes the flavor, but I don't if it does or how much.  I just know it's damn good.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:50 am »
Yeah, it's not free.  Well, it was last night, but that's another story.  I'm told their V.S.O.P. is excellent also, and it's much more reasonably priced, around $50/bottle.  I'll have to look into that.

The thing that supposedly makes the Kelt so good is that after it's distilled, before it's bottled, it's carried around world on a ship in the oak barrels for at least a year.  That supposedly really changes the flavor, but I don't if it does or how much.  I just know it's damn good.

The Norwegians do that round-the-world thing with aquavit, but it still burns your throat and destroys your motor functions.  I'm not sure the trip helps any.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04:31 am »
The Norwegians do that round-the-world thing with aquavit, but it still burns your throat and destroys your motor functions.  I'm not sure the trip helps any.

I'm not sure it's the boat ride that burns and destroys.  High end cognac is a wee bit smoother than your average Norse corn squeezins from the outset.