Author Topic: Coop Hate Me, 7/18/09  (Read 4488 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Coop Hate Me, 7/18/09
« on: July 18, 2009, 07:44:19 pm »
Hampton: Seriously Coop, what did I ever do to you?

Coop: What are you talking about?

Hampton: I know some of the bench guys need to get some playing time, but all of them, tonight, while I'm pitching?

Coop: Respect my authoritaayy.

Hampton: Huh?

Coop: Well, if you don't let them hit the ball, then it really won't be a problem now will it?

Hampton: That's not exactly the way it works Coop.  Plus, a little run support would be nice as well.

Coop: You call yourself a hitter, so go hit.

Hampton: With all due respect Coop [interrupted]

Coop: With all due respect nothing.  This team is two games above .500 because of ME.  You don't like it, you can join Ortiz on the bench after 2 1/3 or Paulino in Round Rock.

Hampton: WTF?

Coop: Remember now, my door is always open.

Good Guys

Matsui 2b,
Keppinger 3b,
Tejada ss,
Lee lf,
Pence rf,
Coste 1b,
Michaels cf,
Quintero c,
Hampton p

Dodgers

Fucal ss,
Hudson 2b,
Ramirez lf,
Blake 3b,
Kemp rf,
Loretta 1b,
Martin c,
Kershaw p,
Pierre cf

(yep, pitcher batting 8th, not a type-o).

(edited to insert Dodgers lineup)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 07:49:35 pm by OregonStrosFan »
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

BatGirl

• Contributor
  • Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Coop Hate Me, 7/18/09
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 07:53:52 pm »
see, coop's explained this already...
when things aren't going well, it's his job
to shake things up a bit with the lineup

soooo...
there you go
..because chickens are decent people.

DVauthrin

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:13:44 pm »
Joe Torre taking a page from .091's guide to managing? 
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 08:21:24 pm »
In fairness to Coop, the Good Guys are facing a pretty tough lefty.  Berkman is still not ready (although FS Houston tweets he's expected to be in the lineup on Sunday) so probably a good time to get Coste some playing time at 1B (instead of LHB Erstad) and Michaels some ABs (instead of LHB Bourn).  Q over Pudge?  Coop seems to have some extra Q love (or Pudge hate) for some reason or another. Worked out well enough for him last time I guess.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

DVauthrin

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 08:28:50 pm »
In fairness to Coop, the Good Guys are facing a pretty tough lefty.  Berkman is still not ready (although FS Houston tweets he's expected to be in the lineup on Sunday) so probably a good time to get Coste some playing time at 1B (instead of LHB Erstad) and Michaels some ABs (instead of LHB Bourn).  Q over Pudge?  Coop seems to have some extra Q love (or Pudge hate) for some reason or another. Worked out well enough for him last time I guess.

Doesn't Quintero serve as Hampton's personal catcher?
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:08:43 pm »
I'm looking forward to tonight's game.  Will be fun to see how this lineup hangs with the Dodgers
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 09:10:02 pm »
I have no problem with this lineup given the opposing pitcher. In fact, you might even say it makes sense.

3-4-5 are going to have to produce some runs, though.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

SaltyParker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:12:28 pm »
Yeah, with Bourn only hitting .293 against LH pitching this year let's bench him. Better bench Blum also since he is only batting .400 against LHP.  Absurd.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 09:13:19 pm »
I have no problem with this lineup given the opposing pitcher. In fact, you might even say it makes sense.

I hate it when I have to defend Cooper's decisions, but I agree.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

SaltyParker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 09:15:12 pm »

Bourn needs to be in CF everyday batting leadoff.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 09:21:55 pm »
WTF Carlos?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 09:21:55 pm »
So Bourn shouldn't get days off?
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 09:22:14 pm »
What the fuck was Lee trying to do there?

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 09:23:10 pm »
Bourn needs to be in CF everyday batting leadoff.

Of course. Bourn IS the everyday CF and as of late the everyday leadoff batter. Everyone needs a day off now and then. Weren't we all complaining the other day that Coop never uses his bench?
Y todo lo que sube baja

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 09:26:36 pm »
Of course. Bourn IS the everyday CF and as of late the everyday leadoff batter. Everyone needs a day off now and then. Weren't we all complaining the other day that Coop never uses his bench?

Yeah, but all on the same day?
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 09:27:24 pm »
I hope there's a screen cap of that Carlos play someone can slap a giant FAIL on.

SaltyParker

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 09:29:53 pm »
So Bourn shouldn't get days off?
Why not pick a small park, the guy is a stud on defense. And didn't he already have 3 days off this week?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:32:27 pm by SaltyParker »

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 09:31:23 pm »
Swing and a miss DP (with the throw to 3B).  Sweet!  End 1: HOU 0, LAD 2

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 09:34:03 pm »
I hope there's a screen cap of that Carlos play someone can slap a giant FAIL on.

what exactly happened on this play?
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 09:39:10 pm »
what exactly happened on this play?

Liner to left.  Lee came up on it like he was going to try to make a play on it in the air, then realizes it wasn't gonna happen.  Slid and tried to backhand the ball.  Couldn't glove the shorthop and the ball went to the wall.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:29 pm »
Plus he did this awkward tumble like some kind of circus bear.

SaltyParker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 09:42:18 pm »
Liner to left.  Lee came up on it like he was going to try to make a play on it in the air, then realizes it wasn't gonna happen.  Slid and tried to backhand the ball.  Couldn't glove the shorthop and the ball went to the wall.
very awkward looking

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:31 pm »
Wow.  How good are JD and Brownie?
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:55 pm »
Long climb back?

Good job JD.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 09:46:21 pm »
4-6-3 to get the speedy Pierre.  Throw by Miggy was well off the bag, Coste did a good job of leaning for the ball and keeping his foot on the bag.  End 2: HOU 0, LAD 0

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 09:46:21 pm »
Wow.  How good are JD and Brownie?

They were having to coax every word out of that guy.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »
Yeah, but all on the same day?

All on the same day. Yes. Coop's got the sub quota filled for the next three weeks.
Y todo lo que sube baja

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2009, 10:00:53 pm »
End 3: HOU 0, LAD 2

Kershaw has retired 8 in a row. 

matadorph

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2009, 10:01:38 pm »
This ump will not call the low strike for Hampton. That 0-2 pitch to Manny was damn near perfect.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2009, 10:08:17 pm »
Fuck the Dojers.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 10:11:18 pm »
In honor of Manny's suspension, JD is taking a break from the booth for a while.  Decent fill-in found though, as Bagwell joins Brownie.

Misc. notes from the conversation:

On his trip to Lancaster next week: Likes to talk to the guys, give them some insights, etc.

Was impressed with the draft (last year).  Was excited, thinks these kids have a chance to move up quickly.

Miggy: He's one of those guys I would have really loved to have been in the clubhouse with.

On veteran leadership: Being ready to play.  Being a professional.  Policing the clubhouse.  Being able to go talk to guys that are not running out ground balls, etc. (sit down and say what are we doing here?).

On why Houston is a second half club: don't think there is an explanation.  part of the reason though is that the team doesn't play with the talent they really have in the first half.

On Pence: his effort and enthusiasm for the game is very refreshing.  Brings a lot of energy to the ballpark.  Gotta love him, everything he does is not normal.  Runs funny, but is one of the fastest on the team.  Doesn't look like he can throw but has a lot of assists. 

On talking with Ausmus about where he would play this year: Was going to have a chance to win in LA, but also would have a chance to hang around with Joe Torre.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 10:16:18 pm »
Miggy gets a hit in the T4, but 'Stros can't do anything with it.  Dodgers down quietly in the B4. 

End 4: HOU 0, LAD 2

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 10:17:48 pm »
Aflac trivia: Name the 5 other Astros (besides Bagwell) to hit for the cycle.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:23:42 pm by OregonStrosFan »

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 10:20:32 pm »
Luke Scott and Biggio are two for sure.  D. Ward also the heaviest player (by official weight) to ever hit for the cycle makes 3.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 10:24:23 pm »
Well, this is just a wild guess, but maybe Cedeno?
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 10:29:00 pm »
D. Ward also the heaviest player (by official weight) to ever hit for the cycle makes 3.

That was with the Pirates, sadly. That's exactly the sort of thing I want in Houston's record books, but alas...
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 10:29:41 pm »
Aflac answer:

Cesar Cedeno (twice)
Bob Watson
Andujar Cedeno
Craig Biggio
Luke Scott

Will double check on D Ward, but know Stark had an article on it earlier this year...

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 10:32:35 pm »
That was with the Pirates, sadly. That's exactly the sort of thing I want in Houston's record books, but alas...

You are correct, sir.  Guess Stark's 'useless information' really is...

Who's the heaviest player to hit for the cycle? Well, if we go by official weights, the answer is: 230-pounder Daryle Ward, who heavyweighted his way through one as an Astro on May 26, 2004.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 10:40:04 pm »
Guess Stark's 'useless information' really is...

I suppose I respect truth in advertising...
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:57 pm »
You are correct, sir.  Guess Stark's 'useless information' really is...

Who's the heaviest player to hit for the cycle? Well, if we go by official weights, the answer is: 230-pounder Daryle Ward, who heavyweighted his way through one as an Astro on May 26, 2004.

U FOO!

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »
Trinidad wins his 2nd at Round Rock.  Jennie Finch's husband also gets his first save with the Express. 

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 10:49:25 pm »
Astros doing a mighty fine job of shooting themselves in the ass this game.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2009, 10:49:35 pm »
Ho. Lee. Shit.  Hampton just litterally threw away a run.

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 10:49:41 pm »
Well that's a shitty way to give up a run.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2009, 10:50:12 pm »
Man, that was just smooooooth.
Say hi on the Twitter

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »
Dodgers get another with a bases loaded 5-6 fc to make it 3-0.

Loretta with an RBI single to left, Lee's throw not in time to get the runner at home.  4-0.  Another run scores immediately after the play when Hampton goes to spike the ball in his glove but missed, runners advance (1 scores, the other to 2B).  Hampton out, Fulchino in and gets an immediate out.

End 6: HOU 0, LAD 5

Kershaw at 86 pitches through

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:19 pm »
Bagwell to Hampton:  so what are we doing here?

Scowl, followed by big grin

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2009, 10:57:20 pm »
Vin Scully:  You know they say that if you watch this game long enough, you'll see something you've never seen before.

If fucking VIN SCULLY hasn't ever seen that before, you know it was some dumb shit.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2009, 10:57:33 pm »
I do not believe I have ever seen that happen in major league baseball.

The umpire was turning to clean the plate so I have no idea why time wasn't called. Nevertheless, incredible slapdickery.
Y todo lo que sube baja

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 11:00:56 pm »
Vin Scully:  You know they say that if you watch this game long enough, you'll see something you've never seen before.

If fucking VIN SCULLY hasn't ever seen that before, you know it was some dumb shit.

Why are you listening to the self-absorbed Vin Scully rather than JD and Brownie? You some kind of communist? Wait. Don't answer that. I'd like to remember you as I knew you. Handsome. Thin. Republican.

Stand up, Chalky, they're singing God Bless America.
Y todo lo que sube baja

BatGirl

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 11:06:19 pm »
great play by miggy

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 11:08:30 pm »
Handsome. Thin. Republican.

Check, check, and check.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »
Astros get on the board in the T8.  Coste leads off with his first hit as an Astros (double), goes to 3B on a WP.  Michaels sends him home with a single to left.  HOU 1, LAD 5

Erstad in to PH for Q, Dodgers counter with a lefty from the pen.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 11:21:26 pm »
Michaels advances to 2B on a wild pitch.  Erstad singles to center, Michaels being held on the play but goes home on the bobble(?) error by Juan Pierre in center.  Erstad pulled a hammy on the play, and is replaced at first by Bourn.  HOU 2, LAD 5

Blum in to bat for Fulchino.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
T8, 1 out, Bourn on 1B: HOU 2, LAD 5
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 11:24:33 pm »
Blum strikes out on a called strike (looked inside).  Blum none to happy about it.  Pitching change.

T8, 1 out, Bourn on 1B: HOU 2, LAD 5

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2009, 11:29:18 pm »
Righty in to pitch for the Dodgers.

Bourn steals 2B (barely).

Kaz grounds out to 2B for the 2nd out, Bourn to 3B.

BatGirl

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 11:33:48 pm »
boo

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:00 pm »
Terrible, terrible call.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:29 pm »
Vin Scully, Dodger Employee:  ...a call...and the wrong one.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:45 pm »
Fucking garbage call. I can't see the Astros scoring three in the 9th.
Y todo lo que sube baja

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:49 pm »
Wow, that was some seriously wrong shit right there.
Say hi on the Twitter

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
Middle 8: HOU 2, LAD 5
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2009, 11:34:56 pm »
Keppinger grounds to 2B, Hudson at bobbles the grounder, but the 1BU says the throw was in time.  Rally killed.  Astros bench erupts, Coop gets tossed.   Middle 8: HOU 2, LAD 5

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 11:35:45 pm »
Vin Scully, Dodger Employee:  ...a call...and the wrong one.

Fuck that self-absorbed prick.
Say hi on the Twitter

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 11:35:55 pm »
Vin Scully, Dodger Employee:  ...a call...and the wrong one.

Seriously, it was not close. Bourn was out on the steal I think, but that was close. Kepp at first was not close.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Re: Middle 8: HOU 2, LAD 5
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 11:36:16 pm »
Keppinger grounds to 2B, Hudson at bobbles the grounder, but the 1BU says the throw was in time.  Rally killed.  Astros bench erupts, Coop gets tossed.  (Close play, I couldn't tell).  Middle 8: HOU 2, LAD 5

Replay clearly shows he is safe.  

jmontessi

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: Middle 8: HOU 2, LAD 5
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2009, 11:36:35 pm »
Keppinger grounds to 2B, Hudson at bobbles the grounder, but the 1BU says the throw was in time.  Rally killed.  Astros bench erupts, Coop gets tossed.   Middle 8: HOU 2, LAD 5

Where the hell is Blum? How dare he send his flunky Cooper out there to argue for him. I expected better.
sigh...

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2009, 11:37:17 pm »
What a horrible time for a bad call

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2009, 11:37:22 pm »
Yeah, replays showing Kepp beat it.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2009, 11:37:46 pm »
Seriously, it was not close. Bourn was out on the steal I think, but that was close. Kepp at first was not close.

Agreed and agreed.   Bourn was out. 

I, apparently, have annoyed the neighbors with my FUCK YOOOOOOOU on the Kepp call.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2009, 11:38:36 pm »
Replay clearly shows he is safe. 

Yeah, pulled the "couldn't tell" after seeing a couple of replays.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2009, 11:39:14 pm »
I, apparently, have annoyed the neighbors with my FUCK YOOOOOOOU on the Kepp call.

Pussies. Tell them this is New York. And tell them to wait until football season.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2009, 11:40:37 pm »
Pussies. Tell them this is New York. And tell them to wait until football season.

Oh.

Just.  They.  Wait.

First time Colt gets picked off in the end zone against OU, they'll learn a new meaning for FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

jmontessi

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2009, 11:41:16 pm »
JD is openly questioning whether Coop is using Arias too much. "Arias is a guy you are going to want to have available down the stretch."
sigh...

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2009, 11:42:24 pm »
Oh.

Just.  They.  Wait.

First time Colt gets picked off in the end zone against OU, they'll learn a new meaning for FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

They'll be able to hear you from the Backpage?
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2009, 11:42:40 pm »
They'll be able to hear you from the Backpage?

Oh yes.  Oh.  Yes.

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2009, 11:45:15 pm »
Hampy's throw away run really sucking now

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2009, 11:45:39 pm »
Even Vin is suggesting it should be 4-3 right now. 

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2009, 11:45:45 pm »
Oh yes.  Oh.  Yes.

Don't be such a pessimist, dude.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2009, 11:51:24 pm »
Cubs should have lost. 
Astros should have won.
Fuck, that's annoying.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2009, 11:51:58 pm »
Miggy starts the T9 with a walk.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2009, 11:53:35 pm »
Lee with another shot, this time to the left of SS.  Furcal knocks it down and throws to 2B, not in time to get Miggy (had time to get Lee though if he'd thrown to 1B).  Runners on 1B and 2B.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2009, 11:55:33 pm »
As if Biggio never retired.

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2009, 11:55:46 pm »
Spaz strikes out flailing wildly on a breaking ball low and away.  1 out, runners at 1B and 2B.  Coste up.

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2009, 11:56:27 pm »
I think Carlos must have stopped at the taco truck on the way to first... Painful waiting for him to come into frame from 2b view

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2009, 11:57:23 pm »
Coste strikes out as well.  Puma PH for Michaels with 2 out and 2 on.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2009, 11:58:14 pm »
Coste strikes out as well.

Understatement.

BatGirl

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2009, 11:59:39 pm »

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2009, 12:00:05 am »
And Berkman walks on 4 pitches.  Pudge Rodriguez up now.  Wandy in to pinch run for the hobbled Puma.

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2009, 12:01:42 am »
Oh, that was the pitch.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2009, 12:03:18 am »
Wandy in to pinch run for the hobbled Puma.

Roy should run for Flapjack, too, just to ratchet up the injury risk a bit.
Say hi on the Twitter

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009, 12:03:33 am »
Pudge strikes out swinging.  Ballgame.  HOU 2, LAD 5

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2009, 12:04:25 am »
As if Biggio never retired.

You have no sense of nostalgia.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2009, 12:06:00 am »
You have no sense of nostalgia.

Oh, that slider in the dirt K swinging was the most nostalgic thing I've ever witnessed.

Gave this one away.   

Hampton owes me.
Pence owes me.
Blue at 1st owes me.

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2009, 12:07:31 am »
Roy should run for Flapjack, too, just to ratchet up the injury risk a bit.

Carlos hernandez flashback for me, wonder if cheo's advice had something to do with sliding technique.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2009, 12:09:49 am »
Blue bent over cleaning the dish during an obvious time out owes me.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 12:11:26 am »
Hampton owes me.
Pence owes me.
Blue at 1st owes me.

What do they owe you?
Y todo lo que sube baja

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2009, 12:21:10 am »

Didn't see this linked, and thought OSF would like it:

Daryle Ward: Making History
"My hammy is a little tight. I wish I was like Ausmus. He's Jewish and isn't allowed to have a pulled hamstring."

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2009, 12:50:45 am »
Didn't see this linked, and thought OSF would like it:

Daryle Ward: Making History

That was awesome.  Thanks for linking it!

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2009, 01:09:28 am »
That was awesome.  Thanks for linking it!

You are welcome.  It has been linked before, but it may have been in OWA or AstrosConnection days.
"My hammy is a little tight. I wish I was like Ausmus. He's Jewish and isn't allowed to have a pulled hamstring."