Author Topic: New Twitter Account  (Read 9932 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
New Twitter Account
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:33:48 pm »
Blame otterjb.

http://twitter.com/astrosalkie

I have no idea how to use this fucking thing or if I even will.  LOL.  OMG.   MVIOF.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
Re: New Twitter Account
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 03:36:17 pm »
i am zfriend2000 or sue.. but its me
forever is composed entirely of nows

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:42:25 pm »
i am zfriend2000 or sue.. but its me

I am terrified that you joined within 15 seconds of me setting this thing up. 

You and someone named Tammee Tam, who runs a VAGINA ROOTBEER twitter.   

Noe

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:32:14 pm »
I am terrified that you joined within 15 seconds of me setting this thing up. 

You and someone named Tammee Tam, who runs a VAGINA ROOTBEER twitter.   

The Gambler is following me just because I quoted the darn song in one of my tweets.  It's a scary application for sure.

otterjb

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:07:10 pm »
I thought Twitter was a ridiculous idea about a month ago, and I still do, sort of. I haven't posted anything on there but am following 299 people at the moment (clydeearl is my screen name, also my great-grandfather's name), mostly from seeing who they're following. You can find writers, musicians, directors, techies, sports people, news people, people you know, whoever, who also post links, etc of anything. Basically, it's a decent time-waster, in my opinion.

Noe

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 05:29:07 pm »
I thought Twitter was a ridiculous idea about a month ago, and I still do, sort of. I haven't posted anything on there but am following 299 people at the moment (clydeearl is my screen name, also my great-grandfather's name), mostly from seeing who they're following. You can find writers, musicians, directors, techies, sports people, news people, people you know, whoever, who also post links, etc of anything. Basically, it's a decent time-waster, in my opinion.

There is a business case for using it (for me).  I know it seems out there, but there is.  Look for business to adopt a "Social Business Networking" set of internal applications.  I know some will say "LinkedIn", but the real test for businesses is that many companies are finding that the people in their company are the most expensive, yet most needed resource for success.  Enablement, flat organization, communication and information tied to people and not things seems to have power.

So while there is the whole fadish attitudes towards these things (as well there should be), the reality is that in business, there is a look at it in terms of what will be the new tech world very soon and what could differentiate a non-Industrial company and now the neo-Service world company.

otterjb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 05:43:39 pm »
There is a business case for using it (for me).  I know it seems out there, but there is.  Look for business to adopt a "Social Business Networking" set of internal applications.  I know some will say "LinkedIn", but the real test for businesses is that many companies are finding that the people in their company are the most expensive, yet most needed resource for success.  Enablement, flat organization, communication and information tied to people and not things seems to have power.

So while there is the whole fadish attitudes towards these things (as well there should be), the reality is that in business, there is a look at it in terms of what will be the new tech world very soon and what could differentiate a non-Industrial company and now the neo-Service world company.

I would think that there's a lot of potential/possibilities in looking at that site in that type of way. It could be somewhat similar, but different to what Craiglist has done.

otterjb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 05:45:19 pm »

Noe

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 06:04:26 pm »
I would think that there's a lot of potential/possibilities in looking at that site in that type of way. It could be somewhat similar, but different to what Craiglist has done.

Imagine working at a company and you set the parameters for your particular interest in order to be a successful contributor to the companies success.  Some new business books such as "Got Game" and others are looking at the new generation of employees.  Being mission oriented, success based on self accomplishment, being rewarded monetarily, getting more free time, etc.  All business trends that must be looked at or else there will be a huge disconnect from the workforce and the business needs.  Those who adopt and modify to fit their business needs will survive.  Those who don't will be niche organizations who have their specialty so in place, they will live and die when the market dries up for them.

In most business studies, the worse thing for an organization is to be stuck in paradigm paralysis.  You either know how to and when to shift with new paradigms or not.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 06:07:36 pm »
Imagine working at a company and you set the parameters for your particular interest in order to be a successful contributor to the companies success.  Some new business books such as "Got Game" and others are looking at the new generation of employees.  Being mission oriented, success based on self accomplishment, being rewarded monetarily, getting more free time, etc.  All business trends that must be looked at or else there will be a huge disconnect from the workforce and the business needs.  Those who adopt and modify to fit their business needs will survive.  Those who don't will be niche organizations who have their specialty so in place, they will live and die when the market dries up for them.

In most business studies, the worse thing for an organization is to be stuck in paradigm paralysis.  You either know how to and when to shift with new paradigms or not.

Noe, you know I love you like a sister.  What you just said was the biggest jumbled mess of horseshit I've ever read on the internet.   Define a single one of the buzzwords you just used and explain to me how a single one of them means "more money in my pocket."

Noe

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 06:13:38 pm »
Noe, you know I love you like a sister.  What you just said was the biggest jumbled mess of horseshit I've ever read on the internet.   Define a single one of the buzzwords you just used and explain to me how a single one of them means "more money in my pocket."

An enabled employee is a productive employee?

drew corleone

• View Profile
    • http://2centmovies.blogspot.com
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 06:19:57 pm »
alan Trubow's UT baseball pbp has been my favorite thing about it.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 06:26:23 pm »
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 06:36:42 pm »

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »

Explain how.  I used to believe that and ran my business as such. 

An enabled employee takes liberties and fucks around after they burn out and think they can do better despite your gross overcompensation and liberal rules at work. 

I'd like to hear your actual theory on this.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 06:43:45 pm »

And define "productive."   If it involves anything other than "puts money in Daddy's pocket" we're not speaking the same language.

Noe

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 06:46:16 pm »
Explain how.  I used to believe that and ran my business as such. 

An enabled employee takes liberties and fucks around after they burn out and think they can do better despite your gross overcompensation and liberal rules at work. 

I'd like to hear your actual theory on this.

Bad employee or maybe a bad analysis of "screws around".  Either way, enablement is trust and if you can't or won't trust because generally people can't be trusted to achieve success on their own and thus derive success for the company, then yes, they should not be handed tools to do so.  They aren't the folks you want to do that with any how.  Or you aren't the company they should work for.  Or both.

Not for everyone for sure.

Noe

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 06:47:08 pm »
And define "productive."   If it involves anything other than "puts money in Daddy's pocket" we're not speaking the same language.

Is is just that.  But like I said, this is not for everyone.  If it doesn't fit, then you must resist.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:49 pm »
Bad employee or maybe a bad analysis of "screws around".  Either way, enablement is trust and if you can't or won't trust because generally people can't be trusted to achieve success on their own and thus derive success for the company, then yes, they should not be handed tools to do so.  They aren't the folks you want to do that with any how.  Or you aren't the company they should work for.  Or both.

Not for everyone for sure.

Senor, you're talking crazy talk.   What I'm asking is...how are happy or enabled or emblazoned or sassafras employees making my bottom line prettier?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 06:49:42 pm »
Is is just that.  But like I said, this is not for everyone.  If it doesn't fit, then you must resist.

I see, so you're just philosophizing and trying to get laid with the incoming Freshman chicks.   I'm so down, it hurts.  Get on with your bad self.

Noe

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 06:51:48 pm »
Senor, you're talking crazy talk.   What I'm asking is...how are happy or enabled or emblazoned or sassafras employees making my bottom line prettier?

You want specifics?  If so, then we're going to have to talk compensation here my amigo! (okay, you know I would not do that to you).  Are you seriously wanting to have a full blown out business meeting on this one item?

Noe

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 06:53:34 pm »
I see, so you're just philosophizing and trying to get laid with the incoming Freshman chicks.   I'm so down, it hurts.  Get on with your bad self.

I'm saying it's happening all around you and some will use it (early adopters) and some will jump in later when it makes much more sense.  And then some will never use it.  It is how it always happens in business.  And that is how the business pool is cleansed too.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 06:53:43 pm »
You want specifics?  If so, then we're going to have to talk compensation here my amigo! (okay, you know I would not do that to you).  Are you seriously wanting to have a full blown out business meeting on this one item?

Wait a second, is this what you do for a living now?    Remember, I've missed about 2 years of what's going on around here.  I just finally got the Death, Divorce, and Dismemberment Report like 3 days ago.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 06:55:37 pm »
I'm saying it's happening all around you and some will use it (early adopters) and some will jump in later when it makes much more sense.  And then some will never use it.  It is how it always happens in business.  And that is how the business pool is cleansed too.

I officially have no idea what you're talking about.  I like the pretty words though.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 07:02:10 pm »
You either know how to and when to shift with new paradigms or not.

By the way, I just went back and saw this line.  I agree with this 100%.  You either get it (business) or you don't.

I've always said that a business owner that needs a third party to tell him (1) something is wrong and (2) how to fix it deserves to be out of business.

People (including my employees) ask me why I'm so fucking paranoid and worried about sales when we're clearly making money.   Exactly.

Noe

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 07:08:08 pm »
I officially have no idea what you're talking about.  I like the pretty words though.

Words are pretty.  That much is true.  Emerging technologies, Web 2.0, social contributions, business models... all words cobbled together to make one either sound smarter or the next Carnival Barker.  It is healthy to be skeptical.  I am.  But I'm not going to dismiss anything outright either.  I had the opportunity recently to view an interview by Charlie Rose with Mark Andreessen (he of Netscape fame).  It was interesting to listen to him warn the tech community of the missed opportunities to be the tail to wag the dog that is business (as tech once was).  At the time of the interview, he felt that tech was now seen as fadish, with no direction and primarily non-business savy nor of any real intrinsic value.

He was right.

What caught my attention was his prognostication, a virtual tech Nostradamus pronouncement of tech should now be the head of business and not the tail.  It should make sense to business and how it will help them adopt and ultimately succeed.  He went on to say that a failure to be just that in the near future (he was speaking of where we are today since this was an interview several years back) would ultimately kill tech in the way the last silicon valley crash had already started to do.  Tech was on life support, but the failure to be business-centric meant tech would ultimately die as a business model once and for all and be put right back into niche service and support product and not a driver for business success.

I don't know if that makes sense, probably doesn't.  But it does to me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:15:37 pm by Noe in Austin »

Noe

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2009, 07:13:55 pm »
By the way, I just went back and saw this line.  I agree with this 100%.  You either get it (business) or you don't.

I've always said that a business owner that needs a third party to tell him (1) something is wrong and (2) how to fix it deserves to be out of business.

People (including my employees) ask me why I'm so fucking paranoid and worried about sales when we're clearly making money.   Exactly.

Correct.  The infamous story of the failure to realize a paradigm shift on the horizon is killer to an entire business model, not just a business entity is that of the digital watch.  The Swiss were known to have almost 100% of the watch making market.  In there own organization, a young engineer came up with a prototype of what seemed like a fad at the time, the digital watch.  When he presented his prototype for review, he was laughed at and told that while they appreciated the effort, he was better off focusing on business at hand, the watch as they understood it and how they made billions of money on.

So the young engineer is said to have gone to Japan to present the same prototype scoffed at by his executive team (because he got the idea of digital from the Japanese).  They loved it, and began to manufacture the watches that in turn cut right in to the market for the Swiss. And so the story goes about paradigm paralysis... it is not the inability to shift, it is the inability to focus and understand trends and one's own market while times are good.

You call it paranoya, I call it being wise.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »
I'm not disagreeing; I'm really not.

I'm just asking what all this has to do with making money beyond what business has always been.  Two of these are shit my fucking 90 year old grandfather told me when I was 12; the rest I figured out by starting (and failing) my first three businesses.  I'd like to think we're doing "ok" in business #4.   

1) Make it easy for people to give you money. I have a product or service.  You have money.  My dying mother can wait, what's your credit card number?
2) The customer is always right.   You need his money more than he needs your product.  Always.
3) Treat your employees like volunteers.   You need their time more than they need your money.  Always.
4) Always worry.   If you're not trying to beat this month's record sales next month, you've already lost.
5) Worry about the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.    Every cent you're giving a vendor, supplier, or provider is a cent that isn't going to send your kid to college.   And I like my kid a lot more than I like my vendors.
6) Adapt or die.   You got this far, asshole.  If you can't figure out how to manipulate and exploit whatever just happened and fucked your business, you get to go live under a bridge.  That's how it works.   If you get defeated by the new law, the new competition, or the act of nature, you're just being lazy.  Use your fucking brain.

Noe

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 07:38:08 pm »
I'm not disagreeing; I'm really not.

I'm just asking what all this has to do with making money beyond what business has always been.  Two of these are shit my fucking 90 year old grandfather told me when I was 12; the rest I figured out by starting (and failing) my first three businesses.  I'd like to think we're doing "ok" in business #4.  

1) Make it easy for people to give you money. I have a product or service.  You have money.  My dying mother can wait, what's your credit card number?
2) The customer is always right.   You need his money more than he needs your product.  Always.
3) Treat your employees like volunteers.  You need their time more than they need your money.  Always.
4) Always worry.  If you're not trying to beat this month's record sales next month, you've already lost.
5) Worry about the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.    Every cent you're giving a vendor, supplier, or provider is a cent that isn't going to send your kid to college.   And I like my kid a lot more than I like my vendors.
6) Adapt or die.   You got this far, asshole.  If you can't figure out how to manipulate and exploit whatever just happened and fucked your business, you get to go live under a bridge.  That's how it works.   If you get defeated by the new law, the new competition, or the act of nature, you're just being lazy.  Use your fucking brain.

The view of technology has been a "from a ten foot pole distance" approach to implementation.  A necessary evil if you will.  Take what you've written and then see if you can place "Twitter", "Facebook" or "social networking" or any type of application that can fit the new enabled user on a transparency and then place said transparency over those items on your list.  See, it should be easier to do than perhaps it is.  Why?  Because your workforce finds the use of such enabling products easy and empowering.  In a flat organization the person who is in your organization that in a hierarchical organization was considered the low man on the totem pole is now just as important to your bottom line as an executive is.  It all depends if you want to embrace a flat organization where input comes from everyone who is enabled.  Would that hurt, hinder or help your organization to have such input?  It all depends on how your organization is run.

Like I said before, it's not for everyone and I certainly understand how one can look at social applications as fadish or a passing trend in terms of consumer marketing.  I really can.  Limited to just that field, then it will run it's course.  But once you have an engaged audience who can then take what they liked in those enabling applications and make them work for them in terms of success in business, then you have a "tech meets business" success story.  At one time, being on the computer was considered a screwing around endeavor by employees, then it was being on the internet, then it was spending too much time on e-mail or chat.  Fears all businesses had and with some folks, it was very true.  Now, take away e-mails from any business, go on, I dare you and they will fight you tooth and nail.  That is what I mean about social applications and how they are used in the near future.  It will be interesting to follow.

I don't know how to outline a fail-safe way to implement such a business model, but it's worth thinking about.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 07:44:23 pm by Noe in Austin »

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »
Oh, all that was about convincing me that using tech apps to stay on top yo' shit in business = good? 

Shit, dude, that's all you had to say.   As I sip my fancy Belgian ale from my Upper West Side terrace looking at the East Side over Central Park and have my internet-based business to thank for it, I think I can say "I concur," which Mark Raup tells me means "agree."

There are only about 6 legit players in my game.  One of them is the guy who got here first.   He's been doing what I do for 25 years.   You want to contact him?  He has no email address.  He has no toll free number.   He has no website.   You have to see his print ad in the back of one of the trade rags and call him (area code dialing) and talk to him for an hour over the phone during regular business hours.   It makes me laugh every time someone emails me and asks what we do that he doesn't.  "You mean other than use 20th century technology?"

Beer?

Noe

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2009, 07:55:42 pm »
Oh, all that was about convincing me that using tech apps to stay on top yo' shit in business = good? 

Shit, dude, that's all you had to say.   As I sip my fancy Belgian ale from my Upper West Side terrace looking at the East Side over Central Park and have my internet-based business to thank for it, I think I can say "I concur," which Mark Raup tells me means "agree."

There are only about 6 legit players in my game.  One of them is the guy who got here first.   He's been doing what I do for 25 years.   You want to contact him?  He has no email address.  He has no toll free number.   He has no website.   You have to see his print ad in the back of one of the trade rags and call him (area code dialing) and talk to him for an hour over the phone during regular business hours.   It makes me laugh every time someone emails me and asks what we do that he doesn't.  "You mean other than use 20th century technology?"

Beer?

Cool.  Not really trying to convince anyone about Twitter as a viable application.  Just was opining that while the conventional retort about the app is "what the hell! WHY?!?!" (and somewhat deservedly so), I do know that those consumer versions of what will be in some businesses the norm are just the enabling forerunners.  Do people make money from a business model with technology at the cusp and not the background of said model?  So far, the jury is out and we shall see as the time passes by.  What observers are saying is that 1) you cannot discount millennials and how they will have a huge impact on business soon (and by that I mean now actually) and 2) the companies and managerial teams who dismiss the technology enabled milennials as non-essentials to business success will be cutting their own nose to spite their own face.  You have to reach them on a fair and mutual ground and this is the great experiment of technology not being a support tool, but a hand and glove to the actual workforce.  With a millennial comes the digital savvy that they use everyday and twice on Sunday.  My team will not hestitate to contact me via twitter, facebook or other Web 2.0 tech because that is how they communicate... and they communicate because they feel involved, not necessarily responsible.  Subtle, but that is somewhat the message that Twitter sends out... you're involved and people want to hear you.

I know, sounds utterly stupid I'm sure... but that is what is happening in business and folks are gauging the movement as we speak.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 08:01:48 pm »
you're involved and people want to hear you.

I'll tell you something else I learned early on in this business, now in Year Five.

Nobody really cares if you give them the right answer today (it's nice, don't get me wrong).  All they want to know is...you're thinking about them.

If someone emails me a question and says the state auditor is sitting in their office, an answer is certainly nice, but just to know "we're researching that.   Tell the auditor to call me tomorrow." makes everything all better.   Why?   I have no idea.   But I don't care as long as it stays that way.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2009, 08:06:48 pm »
I wonder if this is the most boring thread here to make it past one page.   

VOTE NOW IN THE LOBBY!

Noe

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 08:17:19 pm »
I'll tell you something else I learned early on in this business, now in Year Five.

Nobody really cares if you give them the right answer today (it's nice, don't get me wrong).  All they want to know is...you're thinking about them.

*DING, DING, DING*  It is as if we forgot a fundamental part of business 101, but had to have a clear way to make it known that "I'm here for you, because we're a community".

If someone emails me a question and says the state auditor is sitting in their office, an answer is certainly nice, but just to know "we're researching that.   Tell the auditor to call me tomorrow." makes everything all better.   Why?   I have no idea.   But I don't care as long as it stays that way.

It is community.  People feel like you're part of their world and they're a part of your world when the "I'm here" message is conveyed.  I'll give you an example as a for instance (and how it had to a hard lesson learned at another company that I will not name that I was a part of):

I used a varied amount of software applications to do my job (the essential job).  Software, but it's very nature, can be volatile.  So can hardware, but we'll leave that out of a moment.  So who do I trust and normally go with in my line of business whenever I need more or better software?  Well, one particular company who shall remain nameless because I don't want to go into a long and exhausted thread about how they suck for someone else.  This is about me and only me, so that is the context.  Any way, one software company has always impressed me by the very fact that they have the "we're here when you need us" manner of communication and they bring me in as their member of a community.  That "I care" may sound hookey to others, but it gets results with me.  Do they offer better solutions than others?  Not necessarily, although they don't offer worse either.  Do they handle things perfectly when I need them?  No, but they still listen and ultimately get it right and I give them the time to work with me on the problems with their software.  And over the decade I've used this particular suite of software, I've seen these guys grow and mature and even productize solutions that at one time I and others in the community they created offered as upgrades to consider for their software.  They are now a leader in the industry they serve.

Now to the company I once worked for.  It was a company with software as the main product.  I sat in on a meeting where a product manager was bemoaning a user of our software taking the time to put up a website called (insert name of software here)sucks.com  It was a very funny but direct hitting website.  He whined about the guy who put it up and said the guy was a loser and nobody would listen to him.  I was shocked at this attitude.  He even went so far as to say that the hits this guy was getting was very low and insignificant.

So I asked "What do you guys do to make people like this... anyone actually... who buy the software a part of *your* community?"  I got blank stares.  I then said "Oh, so you drop off the software and run and you're never heard from again?"  Again blank stares and the meeting was soon over.  I left the company about five months later for other reasons, but remember that meeting and how wrong I thought it was back then and how wrong I still think it was today.  If you're not going to use a simple method of communicating care and involvement, then don't think that technology will in it of itself convey that for you.  It is the tool, a maturing sophisticated tool mind you, that helps you convey the message you ultimately want to convey.  If people are dialed in, they will listen to both the overt and covert message.

I'm a part of your world, you're a part of mine.  It is what it is today.  Welcome to Twitter, just another tool in the big bag of apps doing this very thing.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:20:31 pm by Noe in Austin »

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2009, 08:18:16 pm »
My company uses a wiki to store all our proposals, contracts, invoices and all that shit. What do I win?
Y todo lo que sube baja

Noe

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2009, 08:19:05 pm »
I wonder if this is the most boring thread here to make it past one page.   

VOTE NOW IN THE LOBBY!

Yes, hence my warning if you *really* wanted to talk about this.  Quick, say something highly inappropriate and perhaps throw in an appeal for a what to feed a lost iguana you found in Central Park.

Noe

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2009, 08:19:29 pm »
My company uses a wiki to store all our proposals, contracts, invoices and all that shit. What do I win?

Man of the year award?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 08:23:49 pm »
Yes, hence my warning if you *really* wanted to talk about this.  Quick, say something highly inappropriate and perhaps throw in an appeal for a what to feed a lost iguana you found in Central Park.

Oh, I'M interested.  I'm not sure anyone else is.

But I appreciate you boiling me down (correctly) to a simple comedic equation for the masses.   So what if it's true.  It sells papers.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2009, 08:24:13 pm »

What's a wiki?  What are invoices?

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 08:24:20 pm »
Man of the year award?

I do NOT accept this award due to my ongoing protest of the institutional and global mistreatment of the Rosicrucians.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Noe

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2009, 08:27:07 pm »
Oh, I'M interested.  I'm not sure anyone else is.

But I appreciate you boiling me down (correctly) to a simple comedic equation for the masses.   So what if it's true.  It sells papers.

I've often thought what legacy each one of us has to the great unwashed.  Then I remember that it matters not one iota, my mother still loves me.  I think.  I better call her just in case.

Any way, that was just me, the long-winded blow hard talking. *wink, wink*

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2009, 08:29:11 pm »
I do NOT accept this award due to my ongoing protest of the institutional and global mistreatment of the Rosicrucians.

I ate Rosicrucian for dinner.   My goodness, if you haven't had baked piluski, you've never had piluski.  Fact.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »
What's a wiki?  What are invoices?

Wiki?

Sumpin li'kat:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Invoices?

Not sure. I hear my people talking about 'receivables' and 'goldenrod,' and frankly, at this point I'm too embarrassed to ask.

Now if you'll kindly excuse me I shall return to my Tango.
Y todo lo que sube baja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »
Now if you'll kindly excuse me I shall return to my Tango.

That how TANG is spelled down in Panama?

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2009, 09:21:30 pm »
That how TANG is spelled down in Panama?

In a country where naranja, naranjilla, limon, mango, maracuya, maranon, jobo, nance, papaya, tomate de arbol, guayabana, guayaba, pipa, tamarindo, todas las frutas siempre se cayen desde el cielo, what the FUCK would a people of such a country do with some powdered space crap like Tang? I ask you. Oh, I forgot, pina sprout up from the ground faster than toadstools on a pig's ass.

TanGO, Jethro. It's a dance that street performers do with lifeless dolls in crowded walkways.
Y todo lo que sube baja

The Spleen

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2009, 11:02:34 pm »
I ate Rosicrucian for dinner.   

Let me guess... he tried to get you to reply to one of those ads in the back of "Popular Mechanics"... so you ate his spleen with some borracho beans and a nice bottle of Boone's...
When the Clark is dead, Spack will eat his spleen. Before he dies, Spack will put his posts under the knife so the Clark will see his threads wiped out forever...

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2009, 06:49:22 am »
Let me guess... he tried to get you to reply to one of those ads in the back of "Popular Mechanics"... so you ate his spleen with some borracho beans and a nice bottle of Boone's...

You had the same dream I did!

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 08:55:22 am »
My vagina is on fire?

Hot Lips Houlihan?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2009, 08:57:48 am »

Be careful that JackAstro doesn't get in there an add Jim R's head to some important schematic.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2009, 09:10:21 am »
Be careful that JackAstro doesn't get in there an add Jim R's head to some important schematic.

Dude, you don't see me posting links to my Flickr or anything, do you? Hell, no.
Y todo lo que sube baja

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 10:29:13 am »
If you haven't started following Alkie yet, then you are missing gems like:

AstrosAlkie: Masturbating feverishly to the half PR, half Russian waitress. Is this place for fuckin' real or what?

AstrosAlkie: Taking the best first morning crap. Dark and woody with a hint of gyro meat. MOOD: dizzy.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2009, 10:35:51 am »
Blame otterjb.

http://twitter.com/astrosalkie

I have no idea how to use this fucking thing or if I even will.  LOL.  OMG.   MVIOF.

I'm shaendra. Mostly, I just enjoy getting random tweets sent to my phone from a couple folks I've known online for about 11 years now, plus Adam Savage's tweets are hilarious. His last one: "Hey you, baseball cap in the Ocean Walgreens: that aisle-long fart bomb you laid while talking to your girlfriend RUINED my crouton-search." His are an interesting mix of comments and pix from on-set while they film shows, and then that kind of stuff. Heh. I follow (but don't have sent to my phone) Kirstie Alley (swears like a sailor, types a LOT) and Alyssa Milano (talks about baseball more than anything else) as well.
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.

JackAstro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2009, 11:02:55 am »

I'm busy with my own shit. If you want to follow something awesome, follow me as I try to figure out why the fuck anyone uses Twitter:

http://twitter.com/BoringThing
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2009, 11:38:40 am »
I'm busy with my own shit. If you want to follow something awesome, follow me as I try to figure out why the fuck anyone uses Twitter:

http://twitter.com/BoringThing

I am so subscribing.  Also, I highly recommend Michael Kupperman's feed (MKupperman), as he's funny as shit! (He's a cartoonist for the NY Times and "Tales Designed to Thrizzle," but you knew that already, right?)

MKuppermanTommy Lee Jones is such a fine actor, weird to see him in a movie like "Teen Fart Party." Still, he seems to be enjoying himself.
Grab another Coke and let's die

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2009, 12:07:37 pm »

Anyone who's ever been in business knows the time you worry about getting new business is when you're up to your ass in current work.  If you wait until you need the new business, you're sunk.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.