Author Topic: Local Reporting on Farm Teams  (Read 2356 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Local Reporting on Farm Teams
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:44:49 pm »
It'd be nice to have links to the local paper that write on the the farm team.  If anyone has 'em and wouldn't mind putting links to 'em it would be appreciated.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

farmstros

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: Local Reporting on Farm Teams
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:18:13 am »

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 06:48:11 am »
Lancaster has no local coverage but do put out press releases on their web site that have game reports.

Here are the short season links.
Here is tri cities
Greeneville Sun covers Greeneville but is an afternoon paper so news isn't up till after 12 or so.
Always ready to go to a game.

farmstros

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:27:40 am »
the Hooks website sends out reports of most games also.  They put out game notes for every game.  The Express do game notes for home games.  The Express, Hooks, and JetHawks all have email lists where you can get their reports sent automatically.

Andyzipp

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:32 am »
Also, Tuesdays (I believe) McTaggart does an "around the minors" column in the Chronicle.

Of course, the BEST coverage is right here.

matadorph

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20:06 am »
You can also subscribe to MiLB.TV for 29.95 or 6.95 per month. Although you won't get access to every game, they have a viewer's calendar that shows the archived games and the upcoming schedule.

Link

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:06:50 pm »
You can also subscribe to MiLB.TV for 29.95 or 6.95 per month. Although you won't get access to every game, they have a viewer's calendar that shows the archived games and the upcoming schedule.

Link

All of Lexington's home games are video broadcast

TexasTwist123

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:25:21 pm »
Here is the local paper in Lancaster... www.avpress.com

I found it on google a few days ago; looks like they cover JetHawks games off and on as about every other day there is a story about the game. The sports stuff is usually at the bottom of the page, but I'd say this place needs to work on its online organization!

farmstros

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 08:09:44 pm »
Here is the local paper in Lancaster... www.avpress.com

I found it on google a few days ago; looks like they cover JetHawks games off and on as about every other day there is a story about the game. The sports stuff is usually at the bottom of the page, but I'd say this place needs to work on its online organization!

Here is the word from the JetHawks play by play announcer Jeff Lasky on the Antelope Valley Press:(I will paraphrase)  The paper is the most active in the league.  Beat writer covers all home games and most road games within division.  However, the philosophy is to limit online coverage to encourage sales of papers.   Somebody needs to read http://www.buzzmachine.com/what-would-google-do/ What Would Google Do?

farmstros

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:56 pm »

Link

I have not been able to find any archived games audio or video.  I know last year even the archived video was free.  It was awesome!  Am I missing something?

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:50 am »
I have not been able to find any archived games audio or video.  I know last year even the archived video was free.  It was awesome!  Am I missing something?

Archives are not free anymore