Author Topic: Moehler to DL, Arias up  (Read 1111 times)

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
Moehler to DL, Arias up
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:04:36 pm »
While the news following Tuesday's MRI on Brian Moehler's right knee wasn't as bad as some feared, it was still enough to land the right-hander on the 15-day disabled list on Wednesday afternoon.

The diagnosis was a Grade 1 sprain of the medial collateral ligament and his initial status was day-to-day. When the Astros came to the ballpark prior to their game against the Pirates, however, it was determined that Moehler would not be ready to return the mound soon enough to avoid the DL.

Right-hander Alberto Arias was called up from Triple-A Round Rock to take Moehler's spot on the roster.

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090415&content_id=4284858&vkey=news_hou&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Russe

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
Re: Moehler to DL, Arias up
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 07:27:19 pm »
I assume he's going to start, then? I know he worked out of the 'pen in ST...did he get stretched out at RR?

matadorph

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 07:33:02 pm »
I assume he's going to start, then? I know he worked out of the 'pen in ST...did he get stretched out at RR?

I think the plan is probably to use Fulchino to start and bring Arias in long relief out of the pen.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:34:39 pm »
I think the plan is probably to use Fulchino to start and bring Arias in long relief out of the pen.
Wasn't Fulchino relieving throughout ST too? I know he pitched 2 innings at RR the other day... wonder if they are planning to send Arias or Fulchino down Sunday and bring up Paulino or Capellan or even Norris.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

matadorph

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:47:23 am »
On second thought, you're probably correct about Fulchino. He's probably slated for long relief. Capellan started tonight for the Express and allowed 8 ER on 10 hits and 5 walks in 3.2 IP.

Ouch.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:49:44 am by matadorph »