Author Topic: Take note all you NY whores...  (Read 3089 times)

Outlawscotty

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Take note all you NY whores...
« on: November 15, 2007, 02:31:09 pm »
There's a new sheriff in town; and his name is Taxman.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311830,00.html

I'm sure this case is isolated.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Take note all you NY whores...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 02:46:48 pm »
There's a new sheriff in town; and his name is Taxman.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311830,00.html

I'm sure this case is isolated.

This is a yearly battle with many players.  The players usually win, although they rarely have the audacity to purchase several residences in the state in which they claim not to live.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Noe

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:05:59 pm »
This is a yearly battle with many players.  The players usually win, although they rarely have the audacity to purchase several residences in the state in which they claim not to live.

Wasn't Shaq O'Neal claiming he was a resident of Houston (Sugarland actually) for the longest time in order to escape paying state taxes, all the while he had a huge mansion where he actually lived in Orlando?

I think he was forced to pay taxes in Florida after all was said and done, or perhaps I don't remember that story too well.  My bad if I muddy the waters with this one.  Carry on.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 03:12:26 pm »
Wasn't Shaq O'Neal claiming he was a resident of Houston (Sugarland actually) for the longest time in order to escape paying state taxes, all the while he had a huge mansion where he actually lived in Orlando?

I think he was forced to pay taxes in Florida after all was said and done, or perhaps I don't remember that story too well.  My bad if I muddy the waters with this one.  Carry on.

Well, Florida doesn't have a state income tax either, so I think there'd be little reason to claim Texas over Florida from that perspective, but it could have been another state.  Also, I'm pretty sure one of Shaq's illegitimate children and said progeny's mother live in Houston, so there may be some other reason for claiming Houston residency.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Outlawscotty

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 03:20:48 pm »

Mr. NY not paying NY taxes.  Hmmm, I wonder if he taught ARod this trick.  How can these 189~270 x millionaires get away with this?  They want their cake and eat it too.  I suppose I would try it too, but I know I would get caught.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 03:28:35 pm »
Mr. NY not paying NY taxes.  Hmmm, I wonder if he taught ARod this trick.  How can these 189~270 x millionaires get away with this?  They want their cake and eat it too.  I suppose I would try it too, but I know I would get caught.

Well, he's paying NY taxes on his Yankee salary earned in NY, the Yankees withhold that.  What he's trying to avoid things like endorsements and non-earned income such as signing bonuses, interest income, etc, though I guess that can be pretty significant for someone like Jeter.

Andyzipp

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 03:39:43 pm »

Well, Florida doesn't have a state income tax either, so I think there'd be little reason to claim Texas over Florida from that perspective, but it could have been another state.  Also, I'm pretty sure one of Shaq's illegitimate children and said progeny's mother live in Houston, so there may be some other reason for claiming Houston residency.

Hudson is correct.  The house is Shaq's, but was/is used by his baby's momma.

hillbillyken

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 05:38:58 pm »
I think he is duckin' some allimony/spousal support with that one.
Fear is temporary, regret is forever.

littlevisigoth

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 05:41:26 pm »
i went to high school outside of Orlando with Shaq's two half-sisters and half-brother.  one of them looked just like him, and it wasn't the half-brother.  poor girl.  his other half-sister got knocked up by the star quarterback.  poor guy.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 05:48:06 am »

I would love to have to pay that amount of tax. Love it.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Andyzipp

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 08:57:49 am »
I would love to have to pay that amount of tax. Love it.

Vote for Hillary or Obama.  You'll get the chance without that whole "getting a raise" thing.

JackAstro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 01:40:00 pm »
Vote for Hillary or Obama.  You'll get the chance without that whole "getting a raise" thing.

4.5 hours of tumbleweeds after this? Is Limey currently unavailable? iPhone on the fritz? Spack is disappointed...
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 01:41:38 pm »
4.5 hours of tumbleweeds after this? Is Limey currently unavailable? iPhone on the fritz? Spack is disappointed...

Limey is at an SDS Reunion.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Andyzipp

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 02:15:48 pm »

I am a troll.  I am a troll.  I am an unsuccessful troll.

pravata

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 02:26:23 pm »
I am a troll.  I am a troll.  I am an unsuccessful troll.

You just like thinking about Hillary and "getting a raise".

Andyzipp

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:40:02 pm »
You just like thinking about Hillary and "getting a raise".

I'd get more of a raise thinking about a troll.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 03:22:53 pm »
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 10:34:00 pm »
Oh my God.

Noe, why did I just click the link that Lurch posted?
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 08:45:34 am »
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."