Author Topic: Anyone not watching NYY-BoSox right now  (Read 2118 times)

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Anyone not watching NYY-BoSox right now
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:21:32 pm »
is missing some real drama in the bottom of the 9th.

Was 4-2 NY at the beginning of the inning, and Mariano Rivera has just fallen apart. With 2 outs, he allowed a run to score after on a double, then beaned someone in the knee and walked another batter to load 'em up, and now the Big Papi is at the plate...
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
Re: Anyone not watching NYY-BoSox right now
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 10:23:56 pm »
Well, I jinxed the Sox. Papi popped up to end it.
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 01:34:52 am »
Hats off to Derek Jeter. Playing hurt, he still finds a way to win.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 01:53:19 pm »
Yeah, Morgan (I think, was only half paying attention at that moment) said Jeter had a little "hitch in his giddy-up," but I'd rather have jinxed the Yankees than the Sox.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 05:39:18 pm »
Yeah, Morgan (I think, was only half paying attention at that moment) said Jeter had a little "hitch in his giddy-up," but I'd rather have jinxed the Yankees than the Sox.

Jeter's played hurt much of the season. It's affected his power numbers and not his average except toward the end. I like it when Jeter said that he's not complaining because no one wants to hear complaints. He basically said it's time to play ball.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 11:12:31 am »
Jeter's played hurt much of the season. It's affected his power numbers and not his average except toward the end. I like it when Jeter said that he's not complaining because no one wants to hear complaints. He basically said it's time to play ball.

That should be the mantra for all the whiners: It's time to play ball. It's time to play ball. Ah-oom, ah-oom.