Author Topic: Kerry Wood  (Read 2695 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Kerry Wood
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:20:08 pm »
OK...maybe it's been discussed and I missed it...but when did Kerry Wood slide into Randy Johnson's body?  Good Grief, he's lost a lot of weight.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Duke

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Kerry Wood
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 09:42:00 pm »
OK...maybe it's been discussed and I missed it...but when did Kerry Wood slide into Randy Johnson's body?  Good Grief, he's lost a lot of weight.

JD mentioned that he was on a stict diet, only eating what the org gave him.  Tough making do on bread, water and chewing gum.

BossierNaut

• Veteran Role Player
  • ...dyin' just wouldn't take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 11:35:04 pm »
JD mentioned that he was on a stict diet, only eating what the org gave him.  Tough making do on bread, water and chewing gum.

Don't they get HardTack?
..a new year..a new club...oh..never mind.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 06:47:41 am »
One has to wonder what causes a young man like that to suddenly lose so much weight.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 07:02:39 am »
He said he was on NutraSystems or a similar diet in which you eat only the prepared foods they send you. That's according to Brownie last night.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 08:43:20 am »
well at least the gum is wrigleys.. wonder if it is double mint or spearment
forever is composed entirely of nows

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:45 am »
Cubs' website lists him at 6'5" and 225. Wonder how accurate that is. His face-shot photo shows an obviously thinner face than the action-shot next to it: Link.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

BUWebguy

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:03:54 am »
He looked even thinner than that mugshot the other night when he made his debut.
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 09:10:03 am »
well at least the gum is wrigleys.. wonder if it is double mint or spearment

Please. The only gum the Cubs chew is Juicy Fruit.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 09:14:42 am »
He looked even thinner than that mugshot the other night when he made his debut.

Yeah, but he was still bringin' it so I don't think the weight loss has hurt him any.  Might even have helped some...

Andyzipp

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:29:10 am »
Yeah, but he was still bringin' it so I don't think the weight loss has hurt him any.  Might even have helped some...

Bringing it?  Last night, I don't think he threw more than 3 fastballs out of 31 pitches...we were wondering why all the breaking stuff.

renfroc

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 10:06:20 am »
A few weeks ago, I found this video, that features Wood's rehabilitation, on the New York Times website.  His precipitous weight loss could, in fact, be a response to his frequent trips to the DL. 
http://video.on.nytimes.com/?fr_story=2fd66c542b1852abeba77c8aa0eafd7e5bbbe368
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:11:16 am by renfroc »

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 11:37:41 am »
Bringing it?  Last night, I don't think he threw more than 3 fastballs out of 31 pitches...we were wondering why all the breaking stuff.
Me too. What's weird is that it worked out much better for him in his 2nd inning of work. JD said he'd been clocked at 93-94 in his first game back though.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 03:59:56 pm »

Okay, so my opportunities to watch were singular in nature and I saw a 94 on the board so....