Author Topic: A's Series Preview Posted...  (Read 4973 times)

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
A's Series Preview Posted...
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:38:57 pm »
Read it here.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

strosrays

Re: A's Series Preview Posted...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:53:26 pm »

Very nice.  I concur with regard to the American League.  Most of those teams are non-entities to me.  Makes it difficult to write a preview.  Very good job,

FWIW, Kennedy and Gaudin are ex-Rays.  I think Kennedy pitched in the D-Rays @ MMPUS series a couple of years back.  Gaudin is, as you said, a GB pitcher who relies on moving the ball around and changing speeds rather than heat.  He is fun to watch, except against Houston, I'm guessing.  He's from New Orleans, I am pretty sure.

OK, I am off to look up some stuff about the Mariners.  Aren't Alvin Davis and Bruce Bochte still playing for them?  Rupert Jones?

Noe

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:56:44 pm »
BTW - I want one of those retro Chester Charge shirts.  Anybody who is going and wants to unload the "t" needs to PM me so we can talk.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:57:16 pm »
Very nice.  I concur with regard to the American League.  Most of those teams are non-entities to me.  Makes it difficult to write a preview.  Very good job,

FWIW, Kennedy and Gaudin are ex-Rays.  I think Kennedy pitched in the D-Rays @ MMPUS series a couple of years back.  Gaudin is, as you said, a GB pitcher who relies on moving the ball around and changing speeds rather than heat.  He is fun to watch, except against Houston, I'm guessing.  He's from New Orleans, I am pretty sure.

OK, I am off to look up some stuff about the Mariners.  Aren't Alvin Davis and Bruce Bochte still playing for them?  Rupert Jones?

Jay Beuner too, right?

Holy shit, how do you spell his name?

Buener?
Buner?

That bald dude that inspired Mariners fans to shave their heads to get in to games for free.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:59:35 pm »
Chad Gaudin's 1.76 g/f ratio is pretty interesting.  He must be dating someone and seeing heather Mills on the side.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Noe

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 02:00:55 pm »
Jay Beuner too, right?

Holy shit, how do you spell his name?

Buener?
Buner?

That bald dude that inspired Mariners fans to shave their heads to get in to games for free.

Buhner?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 02:02:38 pm »

JackAstro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 02:06:45 pm »
Nicely done. If anyone gets their mitts on a Chester Charge shirt Thursday, I am happy to part ways with some hard-earned United States legal tender to acquire one.
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 02:08:10 pm »
Gaudin is an impressionist.  He wears a beret and frequents bordellos.  He likes to say, "croissant."
Purity of Essence

strosrays

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 02:11:36 pm »
Gaudin is an impressionist.  He wears a beret and frequents bordellos.  He likes to say, "croissant."

Known, of course, for painting the corners.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 03:44:04 pm »

Known, of course, for painting the corners.

then, knock his ass on the canvas.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Noe

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 03:48:50 pm »
then, knock his ass on the canvas.

Hmmmm... maybe, but I bet he'll surrender right after the Astros collect their first base hit.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 04:09:51 pm »
ah, Jack Cust. who could ever forget him?

my favorite Cust play was the night he came charging in from his hitching post in LF to catch a short fly hit almost directly to him. for some reason, he did not get his glove up in time, and the ball hit the heel of his glove and then shot at a crazy angle to the tarp laying up against the wall in foul territory. Cust barely glanced at the ball and at least thought, if not said, "fuck that. i ain't chasing that MF." so, he did not. he stood in LF and watched the SS go get the ball while Express runners circled the bases like Indians around a wagon train.

our seats are on the second row directly in front of where he entered the dugout after the third out, and our section gave him a standing ovation.

good times.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

mihoba

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • R.I.P. Mike. The boy inside you is now free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 05:23:14 pm »
That sounds right.

Nic was Bone. Gotta love it. Excellent preview BTW.
"Baseball is simply a better game without the DH. "

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 12:09:50 pm »
Chad Gaudin's 1.76 g/f ratio is pretty interesting.  He must be dating someone and seeing heather Mills on the side.
Niiiice. Can't wait 'til the Angels series so we can break out the Jim Abbott jokes again.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

cougar

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
  • I dare you
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 08:26:31 pm »
Buener?
Buner?

"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 09:20:20 pm »
"Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Hey-O!

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 10:02:06 pm »
Forget the cussing, meanness, and general intelligence - this is exactly what makes this place not AD. Bravo.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles