Author Topic: Astros @ Brewers – A Prince Fielder Isn’t an Adam Everett Crotch Piercing?  (Read 2199 times)

MRaup

• Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
After a quick two game cornholing of the Reds bullpen, lets hope the momentum carries over to the Brew Crew.

Miller Park

Friday, April 20, 7:05 p.m. CDT – FSN
Saturday, April 21, 6:05 p.m. CDT – FSN
Sunday, April 22, 1:05 p.m. CDT – KNWS

Projected Matchups from Astros.com

Friday

Matt Albers (1-1, 6.23) in AAA Round Rock( No ML starts this year) v. Ben Sheets (1-2, 5.85)

The much anticipated return of Fat Albers, pitching against Astros nemesis and famed musician Ben “Folds” Sheets. This game is pretty much a dice roll. Albers has been all over the place in AAA, throwing great one start then melting down Carlos Zambrano style against (ironically) the Iowa Cubs. Albers has yet to face any Brewers, so lets all hope for an Astros-against-a-new-pitcher-like performance by the Brew Crew.
Sheets has thrown one beauty and a couple of clunkers. His first start was a complete game 2 hitter. Since then, Ben has given up 12 earned runs in his last 11 innings. Adam Everett (15-41 with 2 dingers), Fat Elvis (18-54 with 4 dingers) and Jason Lane (8-23) all rake against Benny, while Luuuuuuuke (2-13) and MoBerg (2-22) basically stink up the joint against him. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Mike Lamb (9-29) playing at 3rd tonight.
I fully expect him to get back to his Astrokillah ways for this game, so Albers better be ready to throw everything at the Brewers, including Luke Scott’s Ninja Outfit, as well as Ensberg’s Not-Sunglasses (no photo available).

Saturday
Wandy Rodriguez (0-1, 2.77) v. Chris Capuano (2-0, 2.81)

Alkie’s ranting aside, Wandy is off to a great start this year. Avoiding the implosion inning he was famous for last season has really helped him to become a stable and useful tool in the rotation. As long as he can keep the ball down and doesn’t struggle with his control and issue a bunch of untimely free passes, Wandy should continue to have success on the mound this season. Geoff Jenkins (5-13) and Corey Hart (8-13) both mash Wandy, but the rest of the Brew Crew’s numbers are decent at best.
Capuano had a breakout year in 2005, and his 2006 campaign mirrored the success numbers-wise, despite the dropoff in wins from 18 to 11. Chris brings a solid approach to the mound and has been an innings eater the last 2 years, averaging 220 innings and about 35 starts since his full-time job in the starting rotation began in 2005. From 2005 to 2006 he halved his walk-per-start numbers, and is off to a good start in 2007 walking 4 to his 15 ponches. Lance Berkman (9 for 20), Mark Loretta (4-9), Brad Ausmus (2-4 with 8 walks and a homer), Wandy (2-4), and Chris Burke (1-1 with a double) all have had success against Chris, while Biggio and Ensberg are both 2 of 14, and AE is a dismal 2-15. Maybe Loretta will be playing 2nd or short tonight.

Sunday
Roy Oswalt (3-0, 2.89) v. Dave Bush (1-1, 5.82)

Having Roy finishing a 3 game series is just about the best news ever, assuming that Fat Albers and Wandy can assure the Good Guys a win out of the 2 games they’re pitching. The only eye-popping numbers that jump out from the Brewer Roster against The Wizard are Bill Hall’s (17-42). Geoff Jenkins (14-50) sports a decent average, but its not quite as impressive when you notice that of his 36 non-hit at bats, he has ponched 20 freakin’ times!
Dave Bush is a middle to bottom of the rotation kind of guy. He hasn’t been around for very long, but had a decent year last year as an innings eater. Nothing ridiculously impressive or bad about this guy, just decent numbers across the board, but a nice walk/strikeout ratio at 38/166 in 2006. Lance Berkman (6-12) and OP (2-2 with a double) are the only guys with any serious success against Dave, but AE (2-11) and MoBerg (1-6) have not exactly shined in limited exposure.
Expect a fast-moving and tight game here. Roy should win this one, assuming the Good Guys can rally for some runs behind him. If Geoff Jenkins starts, Vegas odds have him going off at 15/1 that he’ll strike out in one of his first two at bats.

Mark’s Official Prediction
Friday – In a closely contested race, Chorizo will pull out the win, much to the delight of the 6 Latino citizens of Mikwakuee.
Saturday – Brat in a runaway.
Sunday – Hot Dog will win in a close race, but will promptly be disqualified when the costume is removed and Sammy Sosa is discovered inside, wrapped in cork.

Notable giveaways this series ...

Friday – How cool is this?! Cecil Cooper Bobbleheads!
Saturday – The first 10,000 kids in the door get a set of Brewers Trading Cards.
Sunday – Well, this sounds… Interesting?
“The first 10,000 fans will receive the Brewers 1982 American League Champions Medallion Collection Album. The album will hold 23 spectacular medallions featuring coaches and players from the memorable 1982 team. From April 23rd to May 18th, a new medallion is released each day and available only with the coupon printed inside the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Fans simply take that day's medallion coupon to a participating retailer to purchase their medallion.
first 10,000 fans”
Injury Report

Houston

Only new addition to the Triage Unit is Jason Jennings, who is recovering from tendonitis  in his throwing arm.
Brandon Backe still recovering from Tommy John surgery.
Giminez still recovering from labrum surgery.

Milwaukee

The Brewers are completely injury free, except for Laynce Nix,* who is recovering from the stupid “y” in his first name as well as a strained oblique.

Our Interesting Things To Look For: Carlos Lee Edition!

• El Kabong’s return to Mikwaukee. Sure he spent a year at the Rangers, but honestly, does anyone acknowledge them as anything but another also-ran in the Who Gives A Shit League?
  • Carlos averages more than 10 stolen bases a year, with a career total of 97 to only 33 caught stealing. He also has never struck out more than 94 times in a season, and less than 90 a season since 2004.
  • Carlos Lee has kids. Yeah, I know, not that interesting. How about this though: He has two daughers, named Cassandra and Karla. And a son… named… Karlos. That is kind of interesting, no? Hey! Wait! Come back! The preview is almost over, I promise!

On a somewhat personal note I’m glad the Good Guys got out of town without having to face Matt Belisle. I’ve been an Astros fan all of my life, but I’m disgustingly torn when trying to decide what I want to happen when Matty-B is on the hill. Of course, with the way the Redleg Bullpen looks, it seems like a safe bet to hope Matt shuts down the ‘Stros for 7 and then we score 15 on Dave “Stormy” Weathers and his Get Shelled Posse.

And on a less personal note
You ever wonder if Corey Hart ever hates his parents more than a little bit for not naming him Sam or Bob or Jason?

Discuss today's game in the GameZone.

* I couldn’t find any weird picture that showed how much I dislike Laynce Nix, so instead I decided that you’d enjoy a picture of Alex Rodriguez and Laynceyboy looking weird together.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:56:29 am by MRaup »
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das