Author Topic: Reds Broadcast  (Read 1348 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Reds Broadcast
« on: April 04, 2007, 06:38:12 pm »
I'm sorry, did I miss something?  I always imagined Cincinnati being a major fucking city.

I've watched one inning of the Reds and Cubs on FoxSports-Ohio and have so far been subjected to these two commercials:

1) farmersonly.com.  I thought it was a fucking joke, but no.  It's real.

2) Skyline Chili's buffalo chicken wrap - heatlamp warmed pieces of real chicken flavoured product dipped in something called 'buffalo sauce' (which looked more like the mammal than the spicy chicken wings), and then lovingly wrapped in some PERFECTLY round, PERFECTLY smooth unnatural tortilla substance.  It looked fake. 

What's wrong with that fucking place?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
Re: Reds Broadcast
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 06:54:04 pm »
And its SNOWING In Cinci...
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 10:25:55 pm »
Of course our fair cities broadcasts are filled with Mattress Max, some asshat with a chainsaw not to mention the douchebag that will pay you in 2 dollar bills for your used scrap metal.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 10:39:30 pm »
I'm sorry, did I miss something?  I always imagined Cincinnati being a major fucking city.

I've watched one inning of the Reds and Cubs on FoxSports-Ohio and have so far been subjected to these two commercials:

2) Skyline Chili's buffalo chicken wrap - heatlamp warmed pieces of real chicken flavoured product dipped in something called 'buffalo sauce' (which looked more like the mammal than the spicy chicken wings), and then lovingly wrapped in some PERFECTLY round, PERFECTLY smooth unnatural tortilla substance.  It looked fake. 

What's wrong with that fucking place?

"It's Skyliiiiiine Tiiiiiiiiiime!" Welcome to the joy of other cities' commercials on MLB Extra Innings. Milwaukee and Pittsburgh are even worse.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 10:46:37 pm »

Is that the dating site for farmers? Heard an NPR segment on that once. Sounded cute.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 10:53:11 pm »
Is that the dating site for farmers? Heard an NPR segment on that once. Sounded cute.

After five dates you get a free game of Cornhole.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 10:55:49 pm »
After five dates you get a free game of Cornhole.
Is that anything like playing a ball game in a cornfield and batting in the 2-hole?
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 11:17:56 pm »
Is that anything like playing a ball game in a cornfield and batting in the 2-hole?

Yeah, just like that. And with Skyline Chili.