Author Topic: Astros @ Mountains - 6.6.07  (Read 16974 times)

remy

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Astros @ Mountains - 6.6.07
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:05:17 pm »
C. Biggio 2B
H. Pence CF
L. Berkman 1B
C. Lee LF
M. Loretta 3B
L. Scott RF
A. Everett SS
B. Ausmus C
W. Williams P

W. Taveras CF
K. Matsui 2B
M. Holliday LF
T. Helton 1B
G. Atkins 3B
B. Hawpe RF
T. Two Lewinskis SS
Y. Torrealba C
A. Cook P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 08:26:57 pm by remy »

Andyzipp

Re: Astros @ Mountains - 6.5.07
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:14 pm »
FIRST!

Wait a minute...where am I?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24:16 pm »
Isn't today the 6th?
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Noe

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:57:42 pm »
Looks like Scraps is settling in on a lineup.  Even more reason to believe that MoBerg is now the right handed late inning power hitter off the bench for the team.  And Lamb goes back to lefty pincher hitter extraordinaire.  Oh, and what happened to Munson catching three times a week?  Ausmus caught Wandy, is going to catch Williams and most certainly catch Roy.

Am I missing something here about the proported switch?

pravata

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:13:10 pm »
Looks like Scraps is settling in on a lineup.  Even more reason to believe that MoBerg is now the right handed late inning power hitter off the bench for the team.  And Lamb goes back to lefty pincher hitter extraordinaire.  Oh, and what happened to Munson catching three times a week?  Ausmus caught Wandy, is going to catch Williams and most certainly catch Roy.

half and half Link

pravata

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:13:44 pm »

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:18:11 pm »
Woody better get the ball down, or it's gonna be a L  O  N  G night. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Twoniner

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 08:18:33 pm »
Looks like Scraps is settling in on a lineup.

And it has Biggio leading off.  Great..

pravata

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 08:19:18 pm »
Woody better get the ball down, or it's gonna be a L  O  N  G night. 

I can live with 3 lazy flyballs per inning.

pravata

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 08:19:43 pm »
And it has Biggio leading off.  Great..

What team are you watching?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:35 pm »
I can live with 3 lazy flyballs per inning.

He keeps everything above the waiste, and those lazy fly balls will turn into towering shots the next time through the order.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:41 pm »
Any word if warnings were issued before the game?
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

pravata

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 08:21:19 pm »

He keeps everything above the waiste, and those lazy fly balls will turn into towering shots the next time through the order.

Also the Chinook winds are blowing.  They said out to right.  That could be dangerous

Noe

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 08:22:09 pm »

Abso-freaking-lutely.  You can see why Woody has a 14 ERA at Coors.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 08:22:25 pm »
Any word if warnings were issued before the game?

Like hurricane warnings?

Noe

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 08:24:26 pm »
half and half Link

I guess I won't be surprised if Munson catches Sampson and then Roy back to back then.  Since Roy popped off on needing more offense, this is one way to get it for him.

pravata

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 08:25:51 pm »
I guess I won't be surprised if Munson catches Sampson and then Roy back to back then.  Since Roy popped off on needing more offense, this is one way to get it for him.

I think Garner said specifically that Ausmus would catch Roy.  The math doesnt work out for this week. 

loganck

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:26:23 pm »
Anyone mind explaining why Garner wasn't allowed to double switch after Berkman got tossed?

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 08:27:24 pm »
Isn't today the 6th?

whoopsies. sorry bout that.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:04 pm »
Anyone mind explaining why Garner wasn't allowed to double switch after Berkman got tossed?

I didn't see it...did Berkman's out end the inning?

pravata

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 08:28:59 pm »

I didn't see it...did Berkman's out end the inning?

Yes.  Go on.

Noe

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:45 pm »
I think Garner said specifically that Ausmus would catch Roy.  The math doesnt work out for this week. 

Hence my confusion with no Munson tonight, unless Woody said "no way" to having Ausmus out of the game.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 08:30:01 pm »
Yes.  Go on.

Then he could have double switched. 

pravata

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:30:30 pm »
Hence my confusion with no Munson tonight, unless Woody said "no way" to having Ausmus out of the game.

That's what I'm thinking.   Which is why Ausmus was not worried in the least about pt.

loganck

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 08:31:39 pm »

He tried.  They wouldn't let him.  Unless i'm totally missing something.

pravata

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 08:31:48 pm »

They didnt let him.  Stood around talking about it for several minutes.  I think he was pissed and it carried over into the Lee plunking.

Noe

Re: Astros @ Mountains - 6.6.07
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 08:31:58 pm »
CB Bucknor is up to his old tricks of allowing a wide corner.  All hitters are on notice.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 08:32:57 pm »
They didnt let him.  Stood around talking about it for several minutes.  I think he was pissed and it carried over into the Lee plunking.

What do you mean they wouldn't let him?  The umpires got to pick who substituted for Berkman? 

loganck

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 08:33:38 pm »

What do you mean they wouldn't let him?  The umpires got to pick who substituted for Berkman? 
exactly what I couldn't understand

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 08:33:57 pm »
CB Bucknor is up to his old tricks of allowing a wide corner.  All hitters are on notice.

Yeah, but I have also noticed the camera angle from center is wider than other parks... so things look even wider to the viewer.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 08:34:46 pm »

No, Ensberg was subed for 3d and Loretta moved to 1st.  Gar wanted Ensberg to hit 9 but they wouldnt let him do it.  They told him Lidge had to go in at the 9 and Ensberg went in 3rd.. We're confused why not.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 08:34:59 pm »
exactly what I couldn't understand

I'm lost too then.  When Berkman got tossed, Garner should have been able to substitute him with any available player he wanted.  The umpires don't get to choose.  If they did, that's totally fucked up.

pravata

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:24 pm »

I'm lost too then.  When Berkman got tossed, Garner should have been able to substitute him with any available player he wanted.  The umpires don't get to choose.  If they did, that's totally fucked up.

Because theyre ass covered assholes with creamy ass filling.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »
Wind saved Woody there.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:33 pm »
Wow... the park held it in.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:17 pm »
Lee Penced that ball off the wall
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:18 pm »
No, Ensberg was subed for 3d and Loretta moved to 1st.  Gar wanted Ensberg to hit 9 but they wouldnt let him do it.  They told him Lidge had to go in at the 9 and Ensberg went in 3rd.. We're confused why not.

That's total bullshit.  Garner can substitute any player he wants for Berkman.  The umpires picked the player.  I'd be raising hell.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 08:37:53 pm »

Mmmmm....creamy ass filling.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 08:38:10 pm »
Wind saved Woody there.

But Lee runs right to the wall.  Come ON.  It's simple Newtonian physics.  We're not talking string theory.

pravata

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 08:39:48 pm »
That's total bullshit.  Garner can substitute any player he wants for Berkman.  The umpires picked the player.  I'd be raising hell.

Garner argued with them for awhile.  You could tell he was pissed.  Then when they gave him the warning after Corpas hit Lee, he went off.  Thats why he got tossed.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 08:40:37 pm »

Only think I can think of is that you have to announce a double switch when it happens.  You can't decide after play has begun that you want to move players in the batting order.  So if Garner didn't announce to the umpires that he was substituting Lidge for Berkman before Lidge started warming up, he can't do it later.

pravata

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:48 pm »

Only think I can think of is that you have to announce a double switch when it happens.  You can't decide after play has begun that you want to move players in the batting order.  So if Garner didn't announce to the umpires that he was substituting Lidge for Berkman before Lidge started warming up, he can't do it later.

Musta been.  Because Lidge had gone out to the mound.  Camera angle couldnt tell if he was throwing, but he had to have been.

T. J.

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 08:41:55 pm »

From the Rocks' main page, http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070605&content_id=2007571&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=col

"Hurdle had a minor victory in convincing the umpires to disallow a double-switch after Berkman's ejection, noting that Astros manager Phil Garner didn't announce the move until Lidge had already started warming up. That made it a straight-up switch by default and cost Garner a tactical move in aligning his batting order."

Noe

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2007, 08:42:00 pm »
BTW - Brownie, who decided to play Bill Brown P.I., gave his interpretation of why Berkman was tossed.  It goes like this:

As Berkman runs towards first (I use run loosely here), he notices that Rapuano calls him out on a swinging strike.

Berkman screams "No way, No way!" and walks towards Rapuano.

Rapuano (according to Brownie) then motioned to the Astros bench while moving towards Berkman and (again, according to Brownie) says "Get back to the bench!". 

Berkman goes crazy *thinking* that Rapuano was tossing him, when in fact he was merely saying with his actions and words that he had no inclination to discuss anything with Lance.

Rapuano notices that Berkman is now animated rushing towards him so he then tosses him.

In short, Berkman mistook the umpire's direction and in essence got tossed after the fact.  No word if Brownie has any information to share on the grassy knoll and JFK, but juneberno!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2007, 08:42:08 pm »

That is what JD guessed happen. But Gar did go to the umpire to make the change, JD thought.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Anit

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 08:43:32 pm »
any wagers on how long we get the perfect game thrown against us tonight?

pravata

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:02 pm »
That is what JD guessed happen. But Gar did go to the umpire to make the change, JD thought.

I like my original explanation, ass covered assholes with creamy ass filing.

pravata

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:46 pm »
any wagers on how long we get the perfect game thrown against us tonight?

Woody gets a hit right here.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:54 pm »

I bet Lidge came in before the ejection

Rule 3.06
The umpire-in-chief must be informed of the multiple substitutions before the manager calls for a new pitcher (if the manager wishes to interchange the batting order).

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2007, 08:44:56 pm »
I like my original explanation, ass covered assholes with creamy ass filing.

Is that a Moon Pie?
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 08:45:28 pm »
Is that a Moon Pie?

HEY, dont you be talking bad about Moon Pies!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:18 pm »
HEY, dont you be talking bad about Moon Pies!

Moon Pies are delicious. FACT!
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:22 pm »
I bet Lidge came in before the ejection

Rule 3.06
The umpire-in-chief must be informed of the multiple substitutions before the manager calls for a new pitcher (if the manager wishes to interchange the batting order).

Geezus people, read a few posts up.  I sent you the link to the explanation.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 08:46:46 pm »

I think Garner is just taking his time with Munson, if he lives up to his full pootential, he should see more playing time.  However, he WILL NOT catch OssssssssssssssWALT or WOODY reagulary.
So there ya go, you're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel.  ---  Mrs. Garrison

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 08:47:28 pm »

He has to go to the umpires and announce the double switch *before* the substitute players take their positions.  So if Garner is still arguing with the ump and Lorett trots over to 1B and Ensberg to 3B, then it's too late.  Sounds like Garner was just late notifying the umps and the umps were not gonna cut him any slack. 

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 08:48:24 pm »
Geezus people, read a few posts up.  I sent you the link to the explanation.

"Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." ... turns out this has value after all.  Sorry bout that

pravata

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 08:49:04 pm »
I think Garner is just taking his time with Munson, if he lives up to his full pootential, he should see more playing time.  However, he WILL NOT catch OssssssssssssssWALT or WOODY reagulary.

If he lives up to full potential he catches once every 5 and is the first lefthanded pinchhitter.  They want him to play so far over his head that he gets a nose bleed for a week to seven days.

Noe

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2007, 08:49:26 pm »
BTW - Brownie also said that neither Corpas (who he called Corpas Delicti) nor Lee have talked about any bad blood between each.  In fact, they each decided not to talk to about it today.  Brownie said he try to get more information, to which Jimmy D says "Brownie is on the case!".

We can all rest easier now.

pravata

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2007, 08:51:02 pm »

Even the vanilla ones.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007, 08:51:56 pm »
Even the vanilla ones.

Mmmm...Banana.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 08:52:17 pm »
Dammit.  Walks are the last thing you want in this park.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 08:52:24 pm »
"Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." ... turns out this has value after all.  Sorry bout that

My comment came out a bit harsh.  It just seemed there was still a lot of "wha happen?" posts going on...not just yours.  Here, have a beer.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »

I wonder if I have any RC Cola and some vi-EENA sausages?

Noe

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 08:53:40 pm »
Wind sure is whipping around the park today.  I noticed the umpire's and Rockie hitter's uniforms showing some unique wind directions.  Odd wind swirls today.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 08:54:09 pm »
Mmmm...Banana.

Ok, now we have banana and creamy ass filling in the same thread.  NTTAWTT.

pravata

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2007, 08:54:12 pm »

I wonder if I have any RC Cola and some vi-EENA sausages?

You just described every camping trip ever.  Except for the tequila and the Dinty Moore stew.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:11 pm »
Lee Barbaro'd that dive.

Noe

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:24 pm »
OMG!  I just got a flashback of Cliff Johnson playing left field for the Houston Astros.  I. Kid. You. Not!

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:46 pm »
that was not pretty

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:47 pm »
Dammit.  Walks are the last thing you want in this park.

2 out walks fucking suck.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:51 pm »
Lee looked like he was running in quick-sand his first 3 steps after that ball.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 08:55:58 pm »
Fugly "dive".

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2007, 08:56:14 pm »
If he lives up to full potential he catches once every 5 and is the first lefthanded pinchhitter.  They want him to play so far over his head that he gets a nose bleed for a week to seven days.

Agreed, but if his nose bleed drives in more runs than Ausmus's vaginal hemmoridge, i might consider playing the dude more than once a week. JUST SAYIN!!
So there ya go, you're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel.  ---  Mrs. Garrison

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2007, 08:56:42 pm »
You just described every camping trip ever.  Except for the tequila and the Dinty Moore stew.

That's my standard fishing lunch...some vi-EENas and saltines, an RC and a moon pie.  That's about as hillbilly as you get.

pravata

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2007, 08:57:02 pm »
Agreed, but if his nose bleed drives in more runs than Ausmus's vaginal hemmoridge, i might consider playing the dude more than once a week. JUST SAYIN!!

Say all you like, I know 5 guys who are going to disagree with you.

pravata

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2007, 08:57:54 pm »
That's my standard fishing lunch...some vi-EENas and saltines, an RC and a moon pie.  That's about as hillbilly as you get.

smoked oysters in a can.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2007, 08:58:20 pm »

Meh. They can't see nuthin' from 60 odd feet away!

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2007, 08:58:59 pm »
Fugly "dive".

I didn't think it was *that* bad.  It's just that Lee runs like I do.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:39 pm »

I didn't know Ausmus was primarily responsible for driving in runs from the 8 hole.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Noe

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:44 pm »

Standard lunch for Jr. High (the little mom and pop grocery store was right next door to the school): Summer sausage, saltines and a coca-cola.  Every day.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2007, 09:00:08 pm »

Ohhhh Comon man, you know you can find more than five!

pravata

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2007, 09:00:36 pm »

I didn't think it was *that* bad.  It's just that Lee runs like I do.

Hunches up his shoulders and runs on his tip toes.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2007, 09:00:39 pm »

My granddad always brought stick balogna on fishing trips.  Saltines too, natch.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2007, 09:01:18 pm »
Standard lunch for Jr. High (the little mom and pop grocery store was right next door to the school): Summer sausage, saltines and a coca-cola.  Every day.

Summer is a funny name for a guy.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Noe

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 09:01:38 pm »

I guess it didn't register, eh?

pravata

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:24 pm »

Lidge, 6.  And you know you want Ausmus catching Lidge.

Noe

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:47 pm »
Summer is a funny name for a guy.

I didn't name the food, just join the fun eating it.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:53 pm »
That's my Willy!

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2007, 09:03:45 pm »
These Rockies uniforms make them look like they're from the future.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »
I didn't name the food, just join the fun eating it.

Nevermind.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:15 pm »
That's my Willy!

Wow.  That's a tough error.

Noe

« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:48 pm »
Hmmmm... que pasa with Willy's arm?  That was not his typical strong throw home.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2007, 09:04:59 pm »
I haven't heard that sound from Twinkie's bat very often this year.  I like it.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2007, 09:05:02 pm »
Lance SCALDED that one!  Mansolino with a risky call again.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2007, 09:05:23 pm »

Wow.  That's a tough error.

Changed to a hit.

pravata

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2007, 09:06:11 pm »
Lance SCALDED that one!  Mansolino with a risky call again.

short single to center. Gunther forced the bad throw.

Noe

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2007, 09:06:13 pm »
Nevermind.

I knew what you were implying, but I didn't have anything else to come back with.  I thought "hide the salami" but I like salami as well.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2007, 09:06:21 pm »
Hmmmm... que pasa with Willy's arm?  That was not his typical strong throw home.

I think he was throwing into a 30 mph wind, which is like throwing under water.

pravata

« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2007, 09:06:48 pm »

hurried because of Thunder Ps speed.

Noe

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:14 pm »
Changed to a hit.

Because the no-no was no longer in doubt.

pravata

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:18 pm »
I knew what you were implying, but I didn't have anything else to come back with.  I thought "hide the salami" but I like salami as well.

nttawwt

Noe

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:58 pm »

I think he was throwing into a 30 mph wind, which is like throwing under water.

Now *THAT* is a great explanation.  Thanks!

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:10 pm »
These Rockies uniforms make them look like they're from the future.

Why are people such bad dressers in the future?

Noe

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:50 pm »
nttawwt

I thought of saying "You must be thinking of the guys in wood shop... I hung out with the metal shop dudes... NTTAWWT!"

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2007, 09:10:02 pm »
Lidge, 6.  And you know you want Ausmus catching Lidge.

YES I DO, excellent point. I bow to your superrior knowledge....   ya got me there

pravata

« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2007, 09:10:31 pm »

Cause theyre pissed.  They were promised hover cars. Where's the hover cars?!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2007, 09:11:41 pm »

Jet. Pack.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:16 pm »
I hung out with the metal shop dudes... NTTAWWT!"

Explains a lot

pravata

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:21 pm »
Jet. Pack.

Either way.  I was promised.  Wouldnt have lived this long if all they had were freakin Toyotas.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:39 pm »
Man, it's just fun watching Loretta hit.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:59 pm »
What a great at-bat!

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:25 pm »
That was a great fucking at-bat.

Noe

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:34 pm »

Wait a minute, this is the future. Where are all the phaser guns?

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:38 pm »
Either way.  I was promised.  Wouldnt have lived this long if all they had were freakin Toyotas.

Yep, didn't most of as kids picture the future looking like The Jetsons?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:55 pm »

"Where we're going, we don't need roads!"

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2007, 09:16:00 pm »
Alright, what the FUCK is Carlos Lee doing?  Watching a double play?  ARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2007, 09:16:19 pm »
Jeff Huson says Loretta was tagged on the knee.  Like hell, that tag was right on the cup.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2007, 09:16:38 pm »
He's scoring.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2007, 09:16:46 pm »
Jeff Huson says Loretta was tagged on the knee.  Like hell, that tag was right on the cup.

Obligatory nttawwt.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:05 pm »
Alright, what the FUCK is Carlos Lee doing?  Watching a double play?  ARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!

Carlos Lee is a shitty baserunner.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:40 pm »

Close eye on his cup? NTTAWWT
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2007, 09:18:43 pm »
He's scoring.

Yeah, now.  But I agree, I wouldnt be testing Helton.  Bold move going to 2nd.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2007, 09:19:16 pm »

That's interesting, because he's a wily base stealer, but his snap base running decisions are generally wanting.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2007, 09:20:03 pm »
Close eye on his cup?

The Rockies broadcast showed a super slo-mo replay, I keep waiting for the glove to actually touch Loretta and it went right for the cup.  If Huson thinks that's Loretta's knee, he's gotta some splaining to do.

pravata

« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2007, 09:20:22 pm »
That's interesting, because he's a wily base stealer, but his snap base running decisions are generally wanting.

Yeah he's wily.  If you think the catcher going "what the FUCK!" is wily.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2007, 09:21:20 pm »
That shittiness is multidimensional. Slow first, then lazy, bad decisions, fucked up 3rd base coach. How does the MF ever score?
Oh yeah, an occasional 4 bagger.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2007, 09:21:30 pm »

That's not really a snap decision.  The general rule is, you don't stand at 3B and watch an inning-ending double play.  You should know that when it's hit.

Noe

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2007, 09:22:32 pm »
Close eye on his cup? NTTAWWT

He's finally matched his meat. You really licked his ass.

That's *met* his match and kicked... *kicked* his ass...

pravata

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2007, 09:23:04 pm »

That's not really a snap decision.  The general rule is, you don't stand at 3B and watch an inning-ending double play.  You should know that when it's hit.

I kinda sympathize here.  Going to 2nd to try for the tag was a risky move.  The normal play is for Helton to go to the bag and look home.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2007, 09:24:40 pm »

Yeah, he steals bases on his "FAT ASS" potential (or lack there of) alone.

Noe

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2007, 09:24:47 pm »
Wow, that was a very interesting fly ball to center that wound up in dead right field.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2007, 09:24:54 pm »
Bidge takin a nap out there?
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2007, 09:25:13 pm »
I kinda sympathize here.  Going to 2nd to try for the tag was a risky move.  The normal play is for Helton to go to the bag and look home.

I think he was looking home as he went to the bag, and when he saw that Lee wasn't going anywhere he decided to try for the out at 2nd.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2007, 09:25:52 pm »
Wow, the ol' delayed steal.  Don't see that too much anymore.  Well executed.

Noe

« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:04 pm »

Not really, it is your typical delay steal play.  Props to Atkins for doing it perfectly.

pravata

« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:10 pm »
I think he was looking home as he went to the bag, and when he saw that Lee wasn't going anywhere he decided to try for the out at 2nd.

Helton is a very good 1b. 

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:40 pm »

Well, Lee did his normal shit where he completely turns his body around and kinda shuffles with his head down back to the bag.

Piss. Poor.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:17 pm »

Not necessarily.  Well executed delayed steal.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:53 pm »
Not really, it is your typical delay steal play.  Props to Atkins for doing it perfectly.

Great, great execution.  I just watched it three times on DVR.  Perfectly done.  Throw was perfectly at the corner of the bag, but nobody was there.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:55 pm »
WTF??  I thought Ausmus had him and he just dropped the ball.

Oops, nevermind.  I didn't see it bounce.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:59 pm »
Woody's fading.

pravata

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:09 pm »
Hunter's throw beat the runner by 3 steps.  Brad just boxed that one.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:33 pm »
Pence's screwball was just a little bit outside.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:34 pm »

Nah, he steals bases off pitchers and does it quite a bit for big slow guy. I agree with Hudson, though, he should of been running on a ground ball to the right side in that situation.

Man, some old-timey baseball paying dividends for the Rox this inning.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:40 pm »
WTF??  I thought Ausmus had him and he just dropped the ball.

Tough shorthop to the right of the plate. 

Noe

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:45 pm »
So this is how Woody gets his arse kicked at Coors, eh?  Can't stop the bleeding after two outs.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
Well, Lee did his normal shit where he completely turns his body around and kinda shuffles with his head down back to the bag.

Piss. Poor.

Agreed

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2007, 09:29:40 pm »

Ball was offline.  No way it gets him, even if Brad fields it cleanly.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2007, 09:30:00 pm »
Now this is the Coors Field I'm famliar with.

Twoniner

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2007, 09:30:32 pm »
  When the Astros have taken the lead how often have they given it back up the next 1/2 inning?  They've gotta be over 50% this season.

pravata

« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:01 pm »
Ball was offline.  No way it gets him, even if Brad fields it cleanly.

Scoop it and dive to his left, creating a thumping collison?

Noe

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:27 pm »
Woody needs divine intervention right now... like a magical Pence play that secures the final out in spite of Woody's inability to put away a hitter with two strikes and two outs.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:35 pm »
 When the Astros have taken the lead how often have they given it back up the next 1/2 inning?  They've gotta be over 50% this season.

Kinda like how when a guy makes a great play in the field to end an inning he ALWAYS leads off the next one.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:59 pm »
Scoop it and dive to his left, creating a thumping collison?

Or maybe get your head stepped on.  I didn't think he had a shot with the throw that far off.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:13 pm »

Brad, box...  There has to be a joke in there somewhere.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:31 pm »
Maybe if this baseball thing doesn't work out for Holliday, he can go back and play quarterback for my alma mater.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:33 pm »
where's rapuano when you need him

Noe

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:13 pm »
Kinda like how when a guy makes a great play in the field to end an inning he ALWAYS leads off the next one.

I think it's more like "Oops, I forgot... this is Coors Field and that's Woody Williams out there!"

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:25 pm »
Maybe if this baseball thing doesn't work out for Holliday, he can go back and play quarterback for my alma mater.
Ask his agent, baseball is working out.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:28 pm »
in spite of Woody's inability to put away a hitter with two strikes and two outs.

Dammit, my maign. Stop being insightful!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:54 pm »
WHAT?! First pitch in there to Helton was a fucking strike.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2007, 09:34:52 pm »
Whew... c'mon offense, job ain't done yet!

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:32 pm »
Man, Carlos made sure he watched that one into his mitt (not the Mormon one).

Noe

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:40 pm »
"HELP ME JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT!!!" .... (pssst... did Woody just get Helton to fly out to medium left field?  I don't know, I had my hands covering my eyeballs when he swung the bat)

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2007, 09:36:18 pm »
Whew... c'mon offense, job ain't done yet!

If I drank Coors I'd....

never mind. That crap is swill.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2007, 09:37:36 pm »
WTF was that?!?!
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, torture of Bud Selig.

Noe

« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2007, 09:37:49 pm »
Okay, we just got the answer to whether warnings were issued before the game. No, no they were not.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2007, 09:38:04 pm »
Whew... thought we'd see the old 9-3 there.
I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing AstroTurf and the designated hitter. I believe in the sweet spot, soft-core pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve and I believe in long, slow, deep, torture of Bud Selig.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2007, 09:38:44 pm »
Okay, we just got the answer to whether warnings were issued before the game. No, no they were not.

You're trying to apply logic to CB Bucknor.  That's a losing proposition.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:01 pm »
Jeez... biggio down to .227.

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:14 pm »
Sorry, I just got here and I'm not about to read the whole thread first....Berkman has been suspended.  Watson will announce for-how-long tomorrow.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2007, 09:39:28 pm »
Jeez... biggio down to .227.

I knew it would work!

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2007, 09:40:16 pm »
The Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead.
[a man puts a body on the cart]
Large Man with Woody: Here's one.
The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.
Woody Claims he Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: What?
Large Man with Woody: Nothing. There's your ninepence.
Woody: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man with Woody: Yes he is.
Woody Claims he Isn't: I'm not.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2007, 09:41:15 pm »
Huson was wondering if Gar would make Pence sac bunt.  Fuck that, he's one of like three guys on this team that can hit the fucking ball with regularity.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2007, 09:41:41 pm »
ALL CAPS!!! comes through!!!

Noe

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2007, 09:41:56 pm »
Sorry, I just got here and I'm not about to read the whole thread first....Berkman has been suspended.  Watson will announce for-how-long tomorrow.

The "how long" has been the thing in question.  I think we all kinda figured Puma was going to get some vacation time.

pravata

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2007, 09:42:30 pm »

Hadnt seen it, "there will be consequences."  http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2895948

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2007, 09:43:15 pm »

That's kind of silly to announce he's "going to be suspended" before you actually make up your mind about the details of the punishment.  Anyhow, I'm guessing 2 games.  1 for throwing the bag, 1 for coming back onto the field.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2007, 09:43:36 pm »
Hadnt seen it, "there will be consequences."  http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2895948

Good to see the Chronicle is all over that.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2007, 09:43:47 pm »
Huson was wondering if Gar would make Pence sac bunt.  Fuck that, he's one of like three guys on this team that can hit the fucking ball with regularity.

Huson's a lazy bastard who shouldnt have a job in baseball if thats what he wondered.

Noe

« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2007, 09:44:00 pm »

He can appeal of course and get the sentenced lowered by at least a day.  I fully expect him to do so.

pravata

« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2007, 09:44:37 pm »
That's kind of silly to announce he's "going to be suspended" before you actually make up your mind about the details of the punishment.  Anyhow, I'm guessing 2 games.  1 for throwing the bag, 1 for coming back onto the field.

I'll say 3, he appeals gets it down to 2 but serves it when he's getting hot.

Noe

« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2007, 09:45:14 pm »

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2007, 09:45:56 pm »
Huson's a lazy bastard who shouldnt have a job in baseball if thats what he wondered.

Between that and not knowing the difference between a guy's knee and his crotch, I'd have to agree he's not the brightest bulb.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2007, 09:46:02 pm »

I thought you didn't make predictions.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2007, 09:46:14 pm »

How about some consequences for umpires who mistakenly believe themselves to be part of the show?
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

pravata

« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2007, 09:46:36 pm »
Now Woody could be lifted at any time this inning.  Just because he hit doesnt mean anything.  Garner probably considered him as good an option as any for a ph ab in the 5th.

Noe

« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:12 pm »
How about some consequences for umpires who mistakenly believe themselves to be part of the show?

"What?  You mean I can fire their asses?" - Sandy Alderson

"Aw, shit!" - Charlie Williams

pravata

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:37 pm »

Oh certainly.  And the suspension could be delivered in a coach made of a walnut pulled by fireflies.

pravata

« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2007, 09:48:18 pm »
I thought you didn't make predictions.

Real ones, no.  Wild assed guesses, sometimes. Plus I was being cynical, so it doesnt count.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:11 pm »
Ding! Ding! Ding!

No doubt, this is what will happen... <sigh>

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:30 pm »

The Crawford thing was egregious, and not his first time... and its sad to think that is the level of slapdickery required to get an official out of a league.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2007, 09:49:56 pm »
WW now qualified for the win.  Wow.  I didn't see that one coming half an hour ago.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:07 pm »
Beautiful inning, Woody.

Noe

« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:25 pm »
Now Woody could be lifted at any time this inning.  Just because he hit doesnt mean anything.  Garner probably considered him as good an option as any for a ph ab in the 5th.

Given Woody's history at Coors and he is in line for the win... maybe he agrees with you.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:21 pm »
WW now qualified for the win.  Wow.  I didn't see that one coming half an hour ago.
No shit, I hope this DREAM comes true for him.

Noe

« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2007, 09:53:31 pm »
Come on Luke, be the man here... I can feel it.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:52 pm »
LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!    SHITFUCK!!!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2007, 09:56:03 pm »
HOW THE FUCK WAS THE 3-1 A STRIKE?
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Noe

« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2007, 09:56:34 pm »
Come on Luke, be the man here... I can feel it.

Good to see my jinxosity powers are still intact.  That will show me to STFU!

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2007, 09:56:47 pm »
Bullshit 2nd strike.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »

Was this rhetorical?  Because "CB Bucknor" is certainly the correct answer.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2007, 09:57:37 pm »

As far as I can tell, the ump is making it up as the game goes along.

Not saying he is unfair, but I'm certainly unsure of the strike zone form pitch to pitch.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:14 pm »
Was this rhetorical?  Because "CB Bucknor" is certainly the correct answer.

Meh.  As much as I would like to blame that on crap with feet, I rewound it and it was close.  No argument here.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:29 pm »

Not saying he is unfair, but I'm certainly unsure of the strike zone form pitch to pitch.

Unfair? He's CB fuckin' Bucknor. Fair doesn't come into it at all.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:32 pm »
Not so much "unfair" as "incompetent and embarassing".

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:46 pm »

That's pretty much standard operating procedure for Bucknor, isn't it?

Noe

« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2007, 09:58:57 pm »

He certainly proved it on the 3-1.  But I was hoping Luke was green lighted on 3-0.  It was a very hittable ball and since you have Everett and Ausmus behind you, come on... let it fly!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2007, 09:59:05 pm »
Meh.  As much as I would like to blame that on crap with feet, I rewound it and it was close.  No argument here.

Close to what? Below the letters? Sure. What he has been calling all night? Not close.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2007, 09:59:15 pm »
Good to see my jinxosity powers are still intact.  That will show me to STFU!

Nah, just start to bad mouth 'em when their up.  Negative reinforcement=Positive results... works for me.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2007, 09:59:32 pm »
Not so much "unfair" as "incompetent and embarassing".
And as usual, we get fucked.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:17 pm »
great play by Lewinski but wowwwww Ausmus is slow!

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:37 pm »
That was one hell of a play by Tulowitzki.  Everett-caliber SS in that instance.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:46 pm »
Beauty of a play on both ends.

Noe

« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:04 pm »
Is it just me, or has Brad Ausmus turned into a catcher running down the first base line?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:35 pm »
Ausmus needs to unhook that bass boat he's draggin.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:42 pm »
Is it just me, or has Brad Ausmus turned into a catcher running down the first base line?

He has lost a step or two.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2007, 10:02:03 pm »
He certainly proved it on the 3-1.  But I was hoping Luke was green lighted on 3-0.  It was a very hittable ball and since you have Everett and Ausmus behind you, come on... let it fly!

Yeah. I'm not sharp enough to call thatm but I was thinking it. After 7 balls in a row, I figured it was not unusual to take.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2007, 10:02:24 pm »
great play by Lewinski but wowwwww Ausmus is slow!
Bad night to be sporting the 4 lb Prince Albert.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2007, 10:02:48 pm »
Beauty of a play on both ends.

yup.

Noe

« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2007, 10:03:57 pm »
Yeah. I'm not sharp enough to call thatm but I was thinking it. After 7 balls in a row, I figured it was not unusual to take.

I guess if you're going to pinch hit for Everett or Ausmus or Woody, then yeah... take a pitch or two.  But the best pitch he got (and Luke Scott is a run producer who can really drive a ball) was the 3-0.  I make him swing and take my chances.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2007, 10:04:49 pm »
Thanks Lance. Glad you were in that meeting.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:00 pm »
Holy shit, Berkman.  You've got to be kidding me.  Get your fucking head in the fucking game.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:39 pm »
I guess if you're going to pinch hit for Everett or Ausmus or Woody, then yeah... take a pitch or two.  But the best pitch he got (and Luke Scott is a run producer who can really drive a ball) was the 3-0.  I make him swing and take my chances.

Great point...I'm trying to learn.

pravata

« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:46 pm »
Did Woody say "What are you doing?"

Noe

« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2007, 10:05:59 pm »
That was sooooo Lance Berkman!

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2007, 10:06:04 pm »
A little return from CB on the first pitch to Willy.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2007, 10:06:56 pm »
Oh fuck yeah
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

pravata

« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2007, 10:06:57 pm »
Ole!

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:03 pm »
You mess with El Caballo, you get the horns, son.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:04 pm »
That was such fucking greatness. Perfection.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:15 pm »
I thought Lee gave it up on the hesitation to throw.  Nice play by Ausmus.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:22 pm »
Thanks Lance. Glad you were in that meeting.

Help me out here, please....

(great play by Lee-Ausmus in the meantime)

Woody can't step off and look at first if the 1st baseman is moving?

Noe

« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:27 pm »
Did Woody say "What are you doing?"

I thought I read his lips say "What the fuck are you doing?" while looking over to third base. Then I think he said something like "bullshit!" to end it.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2007, 10:08:08 pm »
That was very fortunate.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2007, 10:08:15 pm »
You mess with El Caballo, you get the horns, son.

That's one fucked up looking centaur your painting.

Noe

« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2007, 10:08:26 pm »

Yes he can.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2007, 10:08:59 pm »

pravata

« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:04 pm »
I thought I read his lips say "What the fuck are you doing?" while looking over to third base. Then I think he said something like "bullshit!" to end it.

Who's he talking to though?  El Vendo, on a short leash, is standing over by 1st with his glove on his head.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:10 pm »
Yes he can.

Step off, si. Just look off the stripe, no.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:13 pm »
I thought Lee gave it up on the hesitation to throw.  Nice play by Ausmus.

It was a poor play by Ausmus.  He's lucky he didn't fuck that up and got the out.  Ausmus is such a puss.  I hate that about him.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:21 pm »
File it under "All's well that ends well".

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:28 pm »

Berkman had left the bag uncovered.  A move to an uncovered 1b is a balk.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:59 pm »

Did not know that. Thanks.

pravata

« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2007, 10:10:13 pm »

It was a poor play by Ausmus.  He's lucky he didn't fuck that up and got the out.  Ausmus is such a puss.  I hate that about him.

The veronica.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »
Nice catch by Hawpe.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2007, 10:10:50 pm »
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:09 pm »

That's what I was getting at. You can't fake to first.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:40 pm »

Whether he's moving or not, you have to throw to 1B.  Woody turned to throw and there was no one on the bag. 

Noe

« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:58 pm »
Then what happened?

You step off, it is intended to drive the runner *back* to the bag (mainly because you don't like the large lead).  You can hold on to the ball in such a case.

You don't step off, you're actually trying to pick him off.  Woody opted to pick him off and get an out that way.  Instead, Lance forgot to wait and took off for homeplate while Woody was trying to pick off the man.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2007, 10:12:22 pm »

You can't fake to an uncovered base.

Unless you are doing the lame 3rd to 1st move, which doesn't make any sense.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #251 on: June 06, 2007, 10:12:58 pm »

But 2nd too though?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2007, 10:13:11 pm »

Yep.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »

Yes you can.  You just can't fake to 1B.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2007, 10:15:02 pm »
Time to see which version of the recent pen we get tonight.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2007, 10:15:23 pm »

Rewound it to watch again... I'm no lip reader, but it looked like "What were you doing? (long pause, shaking head) OK, here we go. Don't worry about it... (turns away)"
Say hi on the Twitter

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2007, 10:15:25 pm »
Fook, that was a SHOT by Prince Fielder in that replay of the Cubs/Brewers game.  Dead center and still accelerating.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:05 pm »
I can't believe Woody is pitching into the 7th inning at Coors.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:14 pm »

Whether he's moving or not, you have to throw to 1B.  Woody turned to throw and there was no one on the bag. 

Not urguing the call then...

It seems odd that he can't step off the rubber in that situation. Had he not liked the pitch call by Ausmus and stepped off the rubber while Berkman went to check out the shiny object along the baseline....

OK, maybe, since the runner could take off when he saw Lance wandering....

Still....

Noe

« Reply #260 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:20 pm »

You can *IF* you step off.  But that is not the way to pick off a runner.  The step off and hold the ball was a way the Boston RedSox had mastered to hold a runner closer to the bag and help their weak armed catcher actually keep the running game from beating them.  The intention of the step off and not throw is merely to make the runner step back to the bag because the lead is too large.

When Jimy Williams came to Houston, he implemented that for the pitchers here and they did that quite often.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:25 pm »
Well I'm surprised. I figured this would be Revert's inning.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:34 pm »
That's what Gar gets for pressing his luck.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:45 pm »
Well I'm surprised. I figured this would be Revert's inning.

And that is why.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:53 pm »
I can't believe Woody is pitching into the 7th inning at Coors.

If Kaz Matsui is taking you upper tank, it might be time to call it a night.

Oops... he just did.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:54 pm »

Yes you can.  You just can't fake to 1B.

You're right.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2007, 10:17:59 pm »
Here we go.

Anit

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:03 pm »
woody tossed

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:23 pm »
What is Ausmus pointing at???

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:24 pm »
The fuck?

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »
Oh, you gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me.  C.B. is a fucking asshole.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:38 pm »
Oh good.  Now Bradley's trying to get thrown out too.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2007, 10:18:46 pm »

It seems odd that he can't step off the rubber in that situation. Had he not liked the pitch call by Ausmus and stepped off the rubber while Berkman went to check out the shiny object along the baseline....

OK, maybe, since the runner could take off when he saw Lance wandering....

Still....

He didn't step off.  He turned to throw and didn't follow through. 

Noe

« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:01 pm »

It seems odd that he can't step off the rubber in that situation.

He can.

Anit

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:18 pm »
ball didnt hit him..

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:20 pm »
Is Ausmus claiming the ball didn't hit him?

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:34 pm »
It looked like Ausmus was arguing that he leaned back into the pitch.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:37 pm »
Can't believe it took nearly 7 innings for CB to fuck this game up.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2007, 10:19:51 pm »
What is Ausmus pointing at???

The ball didn't hit him. Ausmus caught it behind him (which is nuts itself).

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:32 pm »
It looked like Ausmus was arguing that he leaned back into the pitch.

Ball didn't hit him.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

pravata

« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:36 pm »
Can't believe it took nearly 7 innings for CB to fuck this game up.

I like how all the other umpires are trying to explain Buckner.  If there was no warning how is Williams ejected.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:49 pm »
Shit, let reverT REALLY hit Helton with one if Buckno's going to pull this candyassed shit.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:51 pm »

OK, missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:58 pm »
Not even CLOSE to hitting him.

Noe

« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21:10 pm »

ETA is asking if "he could" step off, not that he did it.  He can certainly step off and hold the ball.  But that is not intended to pick off a runner, that is intended to push him back.  But the actual play was a pickoff play in which case you never step off, you turn and throw to first and you must throw the ball no matter what at that point.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21:32 pm »
Buckner isn't an embarassment to umpiring - he's an embarassment to mammals.  Yes, dolphins too.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21:52 pm »

Amen, brother

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2007, 10:22:09 pm »
The Colorado broadcast doesn't seem to know it didn't come close to hitting him.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2007, 10:22:35 pm »
ETA is asking if "he could" step off, not that he did it.  He can certainly step off and hold the ball.  But that is not intended to pick off a runner, that is intended to push him back.  But the actual play was a pickoff play in which case you never step off, you turn and throw to first and you must throw the ball no matter what at that point.

Thank you, Noe. That is exactly where I was confused.

pravata

« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2007, 10:22:53 pm »
The Colorado broadcast doesn't seem to know it didn't come close to hitting him.

The Colorado broadcast cant tell their dick from their knee.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:15 pm »

We already established they shouldn't have a job in baseball.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:47 pm »
Fucking Everett. Can't hit for shit.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:52 pm »
Bucknor is broadcasting for Colorado?

And holy crap, nice stop by Everett.  Palilo can kiss my ass.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2007, 10:23:53 pm »

This is true.  And they pretty much missed showing the "HBP" the first time around because they were showing super-super-slo-mo of Matsui's swing on the HR.

Noe

« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:14 pm »
I think Garner was also pointing out to Bucknor that Woody had to eat dirt on an inside pitch and nothing was said or done.  Bucknor is crap with feet.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:24 pm »

Looked to me like it might have brushed his jersey.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:40 pm »
Buckner isn't an embarassment to umpiring - he's an embarassment to mammals.  Yes, dolphins too.

But he kinda looks like a turtle, so we gotta throw reptiles in there too.

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:44 pm »
Ok, I just watched it three times in slo-mo, and I've gotta retract my statement.  I think it may have barely nicked his uniform.  The ball seemed to slightly change direction.  Still, a bullshit cocksucking call to eject Woody.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:58 pm »
I love how Fox Sports Net just randomly changes their graphics in midseason.  Like clockwork, every year.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2007, 10:25:42 pm »
Nice play by AE, but I think Biggio deserves a little star for not trying the DP there, too. Good place to just secure the solid out at second without doing too much.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2007, 10:26:26 pm »
And we've established that hhe's spineless, so invertebrates are offended as well.

Shit, what phylum does "crap with feet" fall into?

pravata

« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
Ok, I just watched it three times in slo-mo, and I've gotta retract my statement.  I think it may have barely nicked his uniform.  The ball seemed to slightly change direction.  Still, a bullshit cocksucking call to eject Woody.

With Ausmus flashing in front of him to catch it, Buckner no way sees that.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »
Umm, Craig?  What the fuck was that?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:08 pm »
Still, a bullshit cocksucking call to eject Woody.

People would be busting a vein if that had been the other way around and the Rockie pitcher not ejected.

Noe

« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:17 pm »
FUCK!

Navin R Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:38 pm »
tmiller is ordinary.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:44 pm »
Nice job there Trever.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:54 pm »
And we've established that hhe's spineless, so invertebrates are offended as well.

Shit, what phylum does "crap with feet" fall into?

Seebias Bucknerians.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:02 pm »

PLEASE, lets not forget about the Amphibians!!  They deserve our respect as well.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:02 pm »

People would be busting a vein if that had been the other way around and the Rockie pitcher not ejected.

You mean like how Woody took one right under the chin and there was not even a warning?

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:35 pm »

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:49 pm »
FUCK!

I expect more words from you on a post.

Noe

« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2007, 10:29:19 pm »

I thought a warning should've been issued when Woody ate dirt.  But what Bucknor did was use his pea-brain and come to this conclusion: Woody just allowed a homerun, so the next hitter he hits... damn, he's throwing at people... I have to do something.  "YOU'RE GONE!"

The problem is, Bucknor using his brain is dangerous.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2007, 10:29:20 pm »
You mean like how Woody took one right under the chin and there was not even a warning?

Applying logic to CB is a losing proposition.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 06, 2007, 10:29:21 pm »

I thought we didn't actually want his personal opinions?

Noe

« Reply #315 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:27 pm »

SHIT!

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:28 pm »

Irrelevant.  Woody was clearly throwing at the guy.  He deserved to get tossed and deserves whatever happens next.  It was a chickenshit thing to do.  Nothing good can come from it.

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:59 pm »
Shitfuck.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 06, 2007, 10:31:50 pm »
This game has fallen apart completely.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 06, 2007, 10:31:58 pm »
It feels like forever since we had back to back wins.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 06, 2007, 10:32:25 pm »
Applying logic to CB is a losing proposition.

"you are the worst pirate I have ever heard of"

"but you have heard of me"

Noe

« Reply #321 on: June 06, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »

Irrelevant.  Woody was clearly throwing at the guy.  He deserved to get tossed and deserves whatever happens next.  It was a chickenshit thing to do.  Nothing good can come from it.

Cook threw at Woody after he started a three run rally the inning before.  How is that different?

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 06, 2007, 10:32:57 pm »

Yes, but you still owe him a mustache ride for all his trouble.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 06, 2007, 10:33:54 pm »
Cook threw at Woody after he started a three run rally the inning before.  How is that different?

Cook didn't throw at Woody.  Woody CLEARLY was throwing at whoever that guy was.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 06, 2007, 10:34:28 pm »
I'm pretty close to turning this shit off.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 06, 2007, 10:34:37 pm »
Alright Willy, go ahead at get #1 of the year and put us out of our misery.

MusicMan

• Thanks for 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 06, 2007, 10:34:42 pm »

Cook didn't throw at Woody. 

My ass.

Noe

« Reply #327 on: June 06, 2007, 10:35:04 pm »
Okay, is there any sort of logic in Bucknor at all?  BTW - the more important question, is there a double play in that arm of Qualls tonight?  His sinker ain't sinking tonight.

Noe

« Reply #328 on: June 06, 2007, 10:35:42 pm »

Cook didn't throw at Woody.  Woody CLEARLY was throwing at whoever that guy was.

Ahum, yes he did.  Sat him down.  Woody even gave Cook a stare.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 06, 2007, 10:35:44 pm »
My ass.

You're being a ridiculous homer here.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2007, 10:36:03 pm »
I'm pretty close to turning this shit off.

Yup.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 06, 2007, 10:36:07 pm »
Okay, is there any sort of logic in Bucknor at all?  BTW - the more important question, is there a double play in that arm of Qualls tonight?  His sinker ain't sinking tonight.

Willy running. Better be sharp.

Infield in, nevermind.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 06, 2007, 10:36:29 pm »

Leave me out of this.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Noe

« Reply #333 on: June 06, 2007, 10:39:12 pm »

Ahum, no... I thought Bucknor was correct not to interfere with Cook.  How he decided to come out of his R.E.M. sleep on Woody *because* a homerun was hit is amazing.  He needs to decide to control a game much earlier than waiting for a retribution on a homerun.  He needs to establish he is not taking any sort of shit from anyone tonight.

Issue a fucking warning when Cook knocks Woody down... not throw him out.  Then Woody knows he is fucking history if he pulls that shit.  As is, it looks damn arbitrary on Bucknor and that is pretty much par for the course with this idiot of an umpire.  That is the problem... the umpire is so fucking inconsistent and bad, anything can happen with him in the game.

Any thing!

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 06, 2007, 10:40:07 pm »
Willy running. Better be sharp.

Infield in, nevermind.

Willy just really wants a mustache ride...  He told me so. (I just don't sport a mustace at the moment, so i'll gladly let one of you guys fill in...)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2007, 10:41:20 pm »
Ahum, no... I thought Bucknor was correct not to interfere with Cook.  How he decided to come out of his R.E.M. sleep on Woody *because* a homerun was hit is amazing.  He needs to decide to control a game much earlier than waiting for a retribution on a homerun.  He needs to establish he is not taking any sort of shit from anyone tonight.

Issue a fucking warning when Cook knocks Woody down... not throw him out.  Then Woody knows he is fucking history if he pulls that shit.  As is, it looks damn arbitrary on Bucknor and that is pretty much par for the course with this idiot of an umpire.  That is the problem... the umpire is so fucking inconsistent and bad, anything can happen with him in the game.

Any thing!

This is ridiculous.  It wasn't arbitrary in the least.  Matzui takes Woody to the upper deck, then Woody threw the next pitch EXACTLY where he wanted it, right behind a guy's ass.  He deserve's getting tossed and on the hook for the loss.  It was total chickenshit by Woody.  If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be saying the same thing.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:11 pm »
Willy just really wants a mustache ride...  He told me so. (I just don't sport a mustace at the moment, so i'll gladly let one of you guys fill in...)

Two things: 1) why are you offering mustache rides to other men? 2) why are you offering when you don't actually have a mustache?

NTTAWWT
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:13 pm »
We can beat LaLugie Hawking.  Not saying we will, but we can.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:17 pm »

You looking to get bitchslapped?

Noe

« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:45 pm »
THAT was a beautiful swing.  Nice going Lance!

Amy

• #1 Bidge Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:45 pm »
Now THAT's the Twinkie we know and love!

Anit

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2007, 10:42:53 pm »
twinkie goes deep

crowd..semi-erupts?

pravata

« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:16 pm »
alright, UNTIL the consequences are paid, Lance the Dumbass will be hitting homeruns.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:19 pm »
Berkman IS getting hot just prior to his inevitable suspension.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:20 pm »
JD - 'Vintage Berkman'
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 06, 2007, 10:44:38 pm »
THAT was a beautiful swing.  Nice going Lance!

You know Lance is in a groove when he drives that ball into the off-field gap like that.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2007, 10:45:01 pm »

This is ridiculous.  It wasn't arbitrary in the least.  Matzui takes Woody to the upper deck, then Woody threw the next pitch EXACTLY where he wanted it, right behind a guy's ass.  He deserve's getting tossed and on the hook for the loss.  It was total chickenshit by Woody.  If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be saying the same thing.

Yeah, what he said.

pravata

« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2007, 10:45:41 pm »

You know Lance is in a groove when he drives that ball into the off-field gap like that.

That's like the groove pop up timer.

Noe

« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:30 pm »

This is ridiculous.

You seem to think I'm saying Woody doesn't deserve to be tossed?

It wasn't arbitrary in the least.

When Cook gives up three runs, shows digust trying to secure the third out and then the next inning throws one over the head of the pitcher who started the rally with a single, an umpire should decide if he wants to stop any shit from anybody.  Issue a warning.

Bucknor sat on his hands and we mentioned it at that very moment.  It was apparent he wasn't going to do anything about warnings and such.

Matzui takes Woody to the upper deck, then Woody threw the next pitch EXACTLY where he wanted it, right behind a guy's ass.  He deserve's getting tossed and on the hook for the loss.  It was total chickenshit by Woody.  If the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be saying the same thing.

About Bucknor?  Yes, I would be saying the same thing.  I'm saying Bucknor is a chickenshit, not that Woody is innocent. 

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:46 pm »
Great shot of Luke's snot flying free...

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2007, 10:47:08 pm »
Gonna take more than that, boys.

I swear to god, if Garner lets Ausmus and/or Everett bat the ninth I will throw something.

Noe

« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2007, 10:47:46 pm »

Yup.  Lance hitting a ball hard like that to left centerfield is vintage Lance Berkman.  That was a thing of beauty to watch and something I've been waiting to see of a while.  *whew*!

pravata

« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2007, 10:48:34 pm »
Gonna take more than that, boys.

I swear to god, if Garner lets Ausmus and/or Everett bat the ninth I will throw something.

Here we have documented evidence of blaming Ausmus and Everett because the guys who are paid to hit cant hit.

pravata

« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2007, 10:50:18 pm »

Does a pitcher get tossed for throwing near a batter?  Because there is no way that Buckner saw the batter being hit.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2007, 10:50:38 pm »
Brownie on the up and in to Holliday from Lidge - 'That didn't hit him either.'
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Noe

« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2007, 10:51:20 pm »
THAT was the same pitch thrown at Woody, so Bucknor is consistent at least.  He didn't do anything to Lidge.  He seems resigned to allow more emotions to run wild and I think he's wrong.  Forget Woody, I just think Bucknor is going to lose control of this game if he does not establish he's in fucking control beyond being stupid.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2007, 10:51:33 pm »
Yup.  Lance hitting a ball hard like that to left centerfield is vintage Lance Berkman.  That was a thing of beauty to watch and something I've been waiting to see of a while.  *whew*!

....and when Lance is hitting well, the lineup should be producing,

Sadly, I would expect the pitching staff to be able to do something more positive when given 6 runs.

pravata

« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2007, 10:52:26 pm »
....and when Lance is hitting well, the lineup should be producing,

Sadly, I would expect the pitching staff to be able to do something more positive when given 6 runs.

Puts a lot of pressure on the hitters when the pitchers are giving up so many runs.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:08 pm »
Puts a lot of pressure on the hitters when the pitchers are giving up so many runs.

yup

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:12 pm »

Ouch.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:31 pm »
No mas, por favor.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:32 pm »
You seem to think I'm saying Woody doesn't deserve to be tossed?

Well, if you're not complaining about Bucknor tossing Woody, I'm not sure what your gripe is.

Noe

« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:43 pm »
Does a pitcher get tossed for throwing near a batter?  Because there is no way that Buckner saw the batter being hit.

Yes, an umpire can make a determination that a hitter was purposely being thrown at and can also toss a pitcher without a warning.  My complaint is that Bucknor could've used more control of the game earlier when Cook threw at Woody and sent the wrong message to some folks.  Woody has no business throwing at anyone, but neither did Cook after his meltdown inning.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2007, 10:53:58 pm »
Two things: 1) why are you offering mustache rides to other men? 2) why are you offering when you don't actually have a mustache?

NTTAWWT

My Maign, I most certainly was'nt offering.  However, I was going to leave the door open for some of our more "creative" posters (with mustaches of course) and more power to 'em, if they can turn Wandy around.... ???   Well then they've done HERPES a hugh favor.

Noe

« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2007, 10:54:14 pm »

Well, if you're not complaining about Bucknor tossing Woody, I'm not sure what your gripe is.

That Bucknor is crap with feet?

Noe

« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2007, 10:56:49 pm »
Nice job Lidge!

Noe

« Reply #366 on: June 06, 2007, 10:58:23 pm »
BTW - Roy Oswalt, who throws inside a lot and will hit people on occasion, goes tomorrow.  Thank you C.B. Bucknor.  Thank you Corpas.  Thank you Woody Williams.

You just took a little bit of Roy's game away from him.

Noe

« Reply #367 on: June 06, 2007, 11:02:39 pm »
Congratulations MoBerg, welcome to your new home... right there on the bench, where it's marked "reserved for the right handed power hitter off the bench".

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 06, 2007, 11:04:56 pm »
Congratulations MoBerg, welcome to your new home... right there on the bench, where it's marked "reserved for the right handed power hitter off the bench".

yup....

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 06, 2007, 11:05:26 pm »

NO SHIT!!

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 06, 2007, 11:06:39 pm »
SHITFUCK!!!!, this team sucks

remy

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:12 pm »
tough, tough game to lose.

Gotta hope Roy can get us a series win tomorrow.

Noe

« Reply #372 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:56 pm »
That kid loves to show off the arm... that's for sure.  Oh well, go get 'em tomorrow.

Twoniner

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 06, 2007, 11:08:26 pm »
Mission accomplished.  We got Biggio his extra AB by leading him off.   

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 06, 2007, 11:08:28 pm »

fuck off frontrunner.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Gleek

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 06, 2007, 11:09:23 pm »

ALLRIGHT, FREE MUSTACHE RIDES FOR EVERYONE, COURTESY OF ANYONE WITH A MUSTACHE!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:10:57 pm by Gleek »

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2007, 11:10:14 pm »
My Maign, I most certainly was'nt offering.  However, I was going to leave the door open for some of our more "creative" posters (with mustaches of course) and more power to 'em, if they can turn Wandy around.... ???   Well then they've done HERPES a hugh favor.

Your last warning.

pravata

« Reply #377 on: June 06, 2007, 11:11:05 pm »
That kid loves to show off the arm... that's for sure.  Oh well, go get 'em tomorrow.

Hides the ball well behind his back.  They needed to try somebody besides Monica in that last inning.

gwat

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 06, 2007, 11:12:37 pm »
ALLRIGHT, FREE MUSTACHE RIDES FOR EVERYONE, COURTESY OF ANYONE WITH A MUSTACHE!!

Allright Punkin, time to get off of the computer now. Go ask mommy to finish her drink cause its time for your tuck-in.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 06, 2007, 11:16:24 pm »

Hit the pine, son.