Author Topic: Seaton headed to Corpus?  (Read 2064 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Seaton headed to Corpus?
« on: March 15, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »
It looks like this may be the case, or so says the man... LINK

Bobby Heck:  "[Seaton] made it very known he wanted to be an Astro. Let's keep in mind that this guy has graduated each year. Plus, he hasn't missed a start. He's had some development things along the way that has helped him to prepare.  I expect him to be in Corpus Christi this year.  He's only 21-years-old. If he had gone to college, he would be entering the Draft this year [and pitching in short season ball]."

Good read from Goff.  Worth checking out the entire article.
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

moriartp

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Seaton headed to Corpus?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »
Goff's been turning out a lot of quality reports lately. Nice to have another reporter who puts real effort into Astros coverage.

astrosfan76

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »
Goff's been turning out a lot of quality reports lately. Nice to have another reporter who puts real effort into Astros coverage.

I agree.  I wish Heck would have delved a little deeper into the adjustments that Seaton has been making, but that may not be his department.

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:03:07 pm »
I read that to say he will be at CC at some point but not necessarily to start.  Agree?
Always ready to go to a game.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:09:41 pm »
I read that to say he will be at CC at some point but not necessarily to start.  Agree?
no.
Up in the Air

astrosfan76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 07:57:53 am »

He's expected to serve as a top-of-the-rotation pitcher at Corpus Christi in 2011, thus validating the Astros' confidence in the young right-hander.

Russe

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:36 pm »
It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep him in A+. Granted, he didn't put up the greatest numbers, but he was pitching half of his games in a park that plays like Coors Field on the moon. Time to see what he can do at the next level.

cougar

• I dare you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 09:43:53 am »
I'm hoping the kid works out, and not just because he's a 'Stro.  Saw him pitch a few times in high school (alma mater isn't exactly an athletic powerhouse, prospects get a lot of attention) and met him a couple of times.  Nice kid, respectful, no swelled head at all.