Author Topic: 40 man roster move  (Read 1824 times)

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
40 man roster move
« on: November 19, 2008, 02:30:29 pm »
Always ready to go to a game.

Noe

Re: 40 man roster move
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:31:51 pm »
Sutton, Bogusevic & Manzella added

Keep an eye on Bogey this year, it could be huge for the Astros come September if he does well in AA (where he'll begin the year) and then in AAA.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:38:45 pm »
Keep an eye on Bogey this year, it could be huge for the Astros come September if he does well in AA (where he'll begin the year) and then in AAA.

I'm not convinced he'll be sent to AA out of ST.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 02:45:29 pm »
I'm not convinced he'll be sent to AA out of ST.

I agree.  I expect him to be in Big league Spring training and then sent to AAA to start the year.
Always ready to go to a game.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 02:48:07 pm »
I agree.  I expect him to be in Big league Spring training and then sent to AAA to start the year.

Being added to the 40-man means an automatic invite to major league ST, for those who didn't know that.

His work at the plate last season and now in the AFL I think puts him in position with a solid ST to start at AAA next April.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Noe

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 04:03:56 pm »
Being added to the 40-man means an automatic invite to major league ST, for those who didn't know that.

His work at the plate last season and now in the AFL I think puts him in position with a solid ST to start at AAA next April.

I think they'll go the route of Hunter Pence with him.  Put on 40 man, see what he does in spring, target him for AA and then a quick jump to AAA and then a September callup.  Pence screwed that all up for Purpura by having a monster spring coming off a great AFL campaign. 

I think Bogey starts in AA for about a month and then moves up myself... just saying.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:09:36 pm »
I think they'll go the route of Hunter Pence with him.  Put on 40 man, see what he does in spring, target him for AA and then a quick jump to AAA and then a September callup.  Pence screwed that all up for Purpura by having a monster spring coming off a great AFL campaign. 

I think Bogey starts in AA for about a month and then moves up myself... just saying.

Pence spent all of 2006 at AA.  Then had that good but abbreviated (DUI) stint in the AFL.  Then spent that monster few weeks opening up at AAA in 2007.

I really think Bogusevic's roster spot starting 09 will depend on how good his ST is.
Goin' for a bus ride.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:35:53 pm »
Pence spent all of 2006 at AA.  Then had that good but abbreviated (DUI) stint in the AFL.  Then spent that monster few weeks opening up at AAA in 2007.

I really think Bogusevic's roster spot starting 09 will depend on how good his ST is.
Probably true most of the time with most of the candidates.  My bet is that he breaks camp with the Express, though.
Up in the Air