Author Topic: CIN @ PHI  (Read 1446 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
CIN @ PHI
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:17:03 am »
Infielder Wilson Valdez makes his first appearance as a pitcher (MiLB or MLB) in T19 for the Phillies to face Joey Votto, Scott Rolen, and Jay Bruce.  Hits Rolen (barely), but gets Votto and Bruce to fly out and Fisher (P) to pop out. 

BASEBALL RULES!!!
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
Re: CIN @ PHI
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:43 am »
And... the Phillies get a sac fly in B19 to give the journeyman 2B Valdez the win!  AWESOMENESS!
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 12:23:27 am »
In unrelated news, Jo Jo Reyes has now gone 28 consecutive starts without a win...

ValpoCory

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 08:53:23 am »
In unrelated news, Jo Jo Reyes has now gone 28 consecutive starts without a win...

How Anthony Young of him.

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 11:22:27 am »
I can't remember who the first position player I remember hearing had pitched in a game; might have been that Dodger who pitched against the Astros in an ultra-long game. But I do remember being geeked out wondering how Topps would handle that next year on the back of his baseball card, and being so excited to see pitching stats there as well as hitting stats. Alas, the baseball card manufacturers simply ignored it. I was one disappointed kid.
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

Noe

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:05 pm »
I can't remember who the first position player I remember hearing had pitched in a game; might have been that Dodger who pitched against the Astros in an ultra-long game. But I do remember being geeked out wondering how Topps would handle that next year on the back of his baseball card, and being so excited to see pitching stats there as well as hitting stats. Alas, the baseball card manufacturers simply ignored it. I was one disappointed kid.

I was at that game and it was Jeff Hamilton, 3rd baseman.  It is listed as the only game/inning he ever pitched in the majors.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 01:41:56 pm »
I was at that game and it was Jeff Hamilton, 3rd baseman.  It is listed as the only game/inning he ever pitched in the majors.

He is one of my favorite players ever.  I swear he was the best player I ever saw when he came through San Antonio.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

BUWebguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »

Thanks -- I think that was it, given the year.
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010