Author Topic: A good problem to have  (Read 807 times)

toddthebod

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
A good problem to have
« on: June 16, 2015, 10:42:05 pm »
What do the Astros do with Jed Lowrie when he comes back from injury?  He's not going to play shortstop.  He's not going to play second.  The widely held belief was that he was going to play third when Correa was ready (next season).  The problem is that Luis Valbuena is a very good defensive third-baseman who is on pace to hit 39 HRs.  Yes, I wish that Valbuena was more consistent and was hitting for better average, but I don't think he sits. 
Boom!

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
Re: A good problem to have
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12:17 pm »
Solution: Lowrie becomes infield rover, Springer and Marisnick cover the OF. You're welcome, A.J.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:14 pm »
What do the Astros do with Jed Lowrie when he comes back from injury?  He's not going to play shortstop.  He's not going to play second.  The widely held belief was that he was going to play third when Correa was ready (next season).  The problem is that Luis Valbuena is a very good defensive third-baseman who is on pace to hit 39 HRs.  Yes, I wish that Valbuena was more consistent and was hitting for better average, but I don't think he sits. 

3B platoon: Lowrie against lefties, Valbuena against righties. Lowrie gives Correa and Altuve the occasional day off. Although I guess that kind of makes Marwin a bit superfluous.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 11:20:43 pm »
According to MacTaggart, Lowrie hasn't even picked up a bat yet. Will be a while before it needs to be answered.