Author Topic: A welcome addition  (Read 2763 times)

Jacksonian

• Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
A welcome addition
« on: February 14, 2006, 02:09:23 pm »
Your MLR/MO staff have decided that the work to keep you informed has grown beyond our ability to keep up.  Therefore, we have added as a new, but not really new, moderator to the forums.  Fortunately Greg D has decided to accept our offer of moderator and contributor and return to the OWA MO/MLR staff.  We couldn't be happier adn welcome his work and are sure you will be pleased.  Look for his contributions once the season starts.  Welcome aboard Greg!
Goin' for a bus ride.

Froback

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: A welcome addition
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 04:05:23 pm »
Congrats, Greg!

The more people with inside knowledge the better!

Please help to save us from our own perversions of what we THINK is going on!

Everyone knows mine are often, off the wall!

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 04:26:28 pm »
IIRC, Greg D did the daily minor league game summaries at the old board.  I enjoyed being able to go to one place and get caught up on the Stros prospects.  ALL ABOARD GREG!

Jacksonian

• Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 05:02:42 pm »
Quote:

IIRC, Greg D did the daily minor league game summaries at the old board.  I enjoyed being able to go to one place and get caught up on the Stros prospects.  ALL ABOARD GREG!

You are correct.  However, he won't be doing that here.  His contributions will be more limited but no less valuable.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Froback

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 11:14:50 am »
Just as an aside and nothing official about it.

Last year I did (at least for the first 3 months or so, a breakdown of who was hot and who was not (stats wise) for the teams, on another board.

I might do this again this year, depending on how busy (and lazy) I get this year.

It was kindof neat to see, Player X started off in April only batting .209, but in May batted .335.  Hard to find that breakdown on MiLB.com, since all they show is total stats.

But it requires me to be somewhat diligent about pulling the data and comparing it, which became a pain after a while. and I got lazy last year and stopped.

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 11:42:36 am »
I would love to see those breakdowns.  I have it in my mind that 3 guys had better late seasons.  Mitch E., Josh Flores, and Ralphie E.  Was I close on those?
Always ready to go to a game.

Jacksonian

• Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 12:18:12 pm »
Quote:

I would love to see those breakdowns.  I have it in my mind that 3 guys had better late seasons.  Mitch E., Josh Flores, and Ralphie E.  Was I close on those?

I've got Einertson.  His first game back was Aug 6. He played in 25 games.  From the 6th to the end of the season, Sept 5, he hit .261 with 5 doubles, 1 homer, 15 RBI, 9 walks, and 17 K's.  But that doesn't tell the whole story.

His first 12 games in Aug, he hit .304.  His last 13 games, he hit .217.  His late season was inconsistent, and he actually went hitless in September.

I'll look and see if there's anything unusual about the other two.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Greg D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 04:10:37 pm »
Quote:

Those daily reports really became a pain after awhile, particularly if you'd already been doing it for several years like I had. Hopefully, the weekly reports will be semi-enjoyable for everyone while still allowing me to retain whatever sanity I have left (not to mention staying out of trouble with the spousal unit).
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 05:04:38 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Those daily reports really became a pain after awhile, particularly if you'd already been doing it for several years like I had. Hopefully, the weekly reports will be semi-enjoyable for everyone while still allowing me to retain whatever sanity I have left (not to mention staying out of trouble with the spousal unit).

Hey, I completely understand.  I don't expect anything, and was just giving you props for the past work you'd done.