Author Topic: Tim Bogar's latest Gig  (Read 900 times)

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
Tim Bogar's latest Gig
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:32:46 pm »
Tim B is now with the D Rays as the 7th Major League coach on the team.

Bogar, 43, is entering his 20th season in professional baseball, fifth since his playing career ended. He will be in uniform during Spring Training and all pregame practices. His duties will include assisting with infield and baserunning instruction; serving as a liaison between the scouting department and the club, including series preparation; and coordinating Spring Training.

"I think [the position] is something that is going to open up a lot of new opportunities to me," Bogar said. "[It] gives me an opportunity to understand the game and see it from different angles."

Or to put in another way
The Rays added to their major-league staff Thursday, hiring former big-league infielder Tim Bogar to fill a newly created "quality assurance coach" position.

"As an aspiring manager myself, it's going to give me an opportunity to basically intern and watch what's going on," Bogar said. "But for the most part it's a situation where I just want to be there and try to make Joe's job easy."

MLB rules state you can only have 6 coaches so Bogar is pioneering the "stands coach" position.
Always ready to go to a game.