Author Topic: I apologize...  (Read 553 times)

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
I apologize...
« on: September 30, 2006, 05:24:50 pm »
I headed out to the grocery store with the Cards and Brewers tied nuttin-nuttin.  Did my shopping, drove home, pulled in the garage, and remembered that the Cards were playing.  I'll just tune the old XM into the Cards game and see where it is, I says to myself.  Up comes the game, Brewers leading 2-0, bottom of the 8th, 2 outs, 1-2 count on Spiezio.  No telling how many people are on base.  Spiezio lines the ball into the right corner, and then the count starts: here comes Pujols (rats), here comes Rolen (RATS!), here comes Encarnacion (SHIT!), Spiezio into third.  Game (and season hopes?) over.

I apologize: I knew better than to turn that on.  Had I left it alone, we would probably be licking our chops over a Brewers 2-0 win.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

No? in Austin

Re: I apologize...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 05:27:49 pm »
Quote:

I headed out to the grocery store with the Cards and Brewers tied nuttin-nuttin.  Did my shopping, drove home, pulled in the garage, and remembered that the Cards were playing.  I'll just tune the old XM into the Cards game and see where it is, I says to myself.  Up comes the game, Brewers leading 2-0, bottom of the 8th, 2 outs, 1-2 count on Spiezio.  No telling how many people are on base.  Spiezio lines the ball into the right corner, and then the count starts: here comes Pujols (rats), here comes Rolen (RATS!), here comes Encarnacion (SHIT!), Spiezio into third.  Game (and season hopes?) over.

I apologize: I knew better than to turn that on.  Had I left it alone, we would probably be licking our chops over a Brewers 2-0 win.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, this is not the same Cardinals team that has been hurting last two weeks.  They're playing hard and taking care of business (that should've happened two weeks ago).

They got nothing handed to them, they took it and all our efforts aren't going to change that.