Author Topic: Mini Camp/ST Report Date  (Read 1703 times)

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
Mini Camp/ST Report Date
« on: February 22, 2017, 09:47:13 am »
Jake Kaplan said yesterday on twitter that the mini-camp for the more elite prospects begins this Saturday. Only names he mentioned were LHP Cionel Perez, C Jake Rogers and SS Anibal Sierra.

Remaining minor leaguers report March 5/6.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Camp/ST Report Date
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 02:31:06 pm »
Kaplan today with the remaining players in the mini-camp: RHP Rogelio Armenteros, RHP Dean Deetz, LHP Albert Minnis, RHP Trent Thornton, LHP Framber Valdez, RHP Keegan Yuhl, C Jamie Ritchie, SS Mott Hyde, and 2B Jack Mayfield.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:53 pm »
Sorry if this has been Cabrera'd elsewhere - I'm behind on my Bus Ride reading.

Very informative article on Astros prospects, including Yordan Alvarez, Framber Valdez, and some other 'ez's.

Also:
Putila also has high hopes for right-handed reliever and 2015 third-rounder Riley Ferrell, who missed much of his first full season after having an aneurysm removed from his throwing shoulder last May. The former Texas Christian closer has been impressive in the early going in Minor League camp, and the club views him as someone who could move quickly now that he's healthy.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:16:59 pm »
Sorry if this has been Cabrera'd elsewhere - I'm behind on my Bus Ride reading.

Very informative article on Astros prospects, including Yordan Alvarez, Framber Valdez, and some other 'ez's.

From the same article (and not really a surprise given what the radio guys have been saying about him):

While [lefty Framber] Valdez has yet to pitch above the Class A Advanced level, there's a growing belief within the organization that he could reach Houston at some point this season.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 03:14:12 pm »
A Ferrell sighting in today's SS game vs the Braves--tossed 1/3 of an inning in which he was a bit wild (unsurprising given the long layoff).