Author Topic: Good Places to watch away games in Houston  (Read 1272 times)

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
Good Places to watch away games in Houston
« on: September 14, 2017, 03:02:35 pm »
For the Houston-based denizens of the grand old OWA, where are places you recommend going to watch away games? I live near Oakforest and work near the Galleria, so places inside the loop or just north of it are best? Any suggestions?
Where the fuck is Toro?

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Good Places to watch away games in Houston
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 05:15:46 pm »
Im right off Shepherd and I-10, we have been going to Underdogs the last few seasons.   Very laid back, never overly crowded on the weekdays, and on weekends usually not till after 10. Tons of beer options, great owner, has a bit of an ice house feel.  All their craft beers are $5 a pint.    They rotate about 20 taps regularly.   

Here is where you can get their tap list, which is usually updated daily, as well as the location.

https://www.taphunter.com/location/underdogs-sports-pub/5321991024279552

Closer to Oakforest  is a new place called Providence, it is at 1308 West 20th, basically 20th and TC Jester.   Gone there a few times too, usually have some good beer prices and plenty of TVs.   
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Mr. Appropriate

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
Re: Good Places to watch away games in Houston
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:39:09 am »
Thanks for the recommendations.
Where the fuck is Toro?