Author Topic: Let's head home  (Read 1499 times)

JackAstro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Let's head home
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:44:53 am »
June 27, 2007
Astros 3, Brewers 6
W: Bush (6-6) | L: Borkowski (1-3)
The End is Near: 2,997 (0-1)
Relive the Game Zone
Be the first most recent to throw in your wild-ass theoretical trades in the Talk Zone

Other coverage:
The Footer Recap
AP Recap

Short(ish) recap of a long game

I thought I'd have about 2,000 words in me for this one, but work's not letting up, so we're going to come in a hair under this week. The poop snowball is really rolling downhill now, gaining velocity and mass, as the Good Guys got swept out of Milwaukee in 11 innings yesterday.

The Brewers scored first on a trio of doubles off of Woodrow in the 2nd, starting with one off the bat of Fielder. That enormous tub of goo came soaring into 2nd like he was Charlie Fucking Hustle, smashing into Loretta's leg and registering on Richter scales 3 counties away. I don't know how Puddy lived, much less stayed in the game, but I do know that he still didn't have an expression on his face. I think he may be entirely incapable of feeling.

The 'Stros answered in the top of the 3rd when Loretta knocked in The Crimson Chin with a two-out single to right. The Chin turned right around in the 4th and rapped a clutch 2-out single of his own up the middle to plate Twinkie for the tie. He picked up Moberg in the process, who had reverted to statue mode in the previous AB with 1 down and Berkman on 3rd. Really, why swing in that situation?

In the bottom of the 5th, Hart led off with a double before a Hardy groundout back to Woody. With one down, Morgan fielded a grounder from Braun, stared at Hart, and heaved some mess towards El Vendo, and it's suddenly first and third, still one down. Nice. Fielder then plated Hart with a sac fly that should've been out 3, which would become very important later. Brewers go up 3-2.

In the 6th, Fat Elvis lead off with a giant dong mammoth tater to center, knotting the game back up. It stayed this way through regulation, as Woody pitched a pretty good one, and the pen held it down from there. The 'Stros had 1st and 3rd, one down in the 10th thanks to a Loretta walk and a Beaker single, but it didn't pan out. Mr. Peepers came in to pinch run for Loretta, but got hung out to dry when Twinkie tapped a fat one right back to the pitcher.

In the bottom of the 11th, Bork came in with one out, and gave up a double to Hall that nearly cleared the line in left - which Hall probably saw pretty clearly, given how long he stopped to admire his work. After a pass to Jenkins, Miller cranked one out into the bullpen, ball game. The loss ends a 2-7 roadie, and the team officially has entered public WTF-mode, with Purp looking for answers. Should be an interesting month for the org. Next up is the long-awaited home series vs. the Rukkakes in which Pigpen seeks to reach some sort of milestone. Get 'em, Craig.
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter