Author Topic: College Classic  (Read 1748 times)

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
College Classic
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:49:27 am »
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110303&content_id=16808572&vkey=news_hou&c_id=hou#

No Texas, but I'd like to see Rice & A&M, or UH and A&M, or whatever.  Anyone going?
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: College Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:54:25 am »
I'm going tomorrow for the UH v. Kentucky and Rice v. A&M games.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:22:09 am »
The fishing show is also downtown.  There hasn't been a similar conjunction of incredible stuff since the harmonic convergence of 1987.  We're going to be a regular power center for karmic energy.  If I see you, I'll buy beer.  We'll probably sit in section 118 or so.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:31:37 am »
I'm going Sunday.  I am also getting tickets to the UH basketball games on Saturday.  Anyone want to go?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:58:40 am »
I'm going Sunday.  I am also getting tickets to the UH basketball games on Saturday.  Anyone want to go?

Desperately, but I can't.  :(
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

At Ease

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:55:53 am »
Quick one tonight.. Rice vs. A&M took all of 1 hour, 45 minutes to play.  Two exceptional pitchers, Michael Wacha for A&M, the top prospect in the state right now for the 2012 draft, and Austin Kubitza, a 7th round pick last year with a fastball that's movement grades a full 80, combine for 16 IP, 1 ER, 11 hits, 14 K.

JaneDoe

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • Missing in Action
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 01:07:20 am »
Quick one tonight.. Rice vs. A&M took all of 1 hour, 45 minutes to play.  Two exceptional pitchers, Michael Wacha for A&M, the top prospect in the state right now for the 2012 draft, and Austin Kubitza, a 7th round pick last year with a fastball that's movement grades a full 80, combine for 16 IP, 1 ER, 11 hits, 14 K.

Wacha and Kubitza, what great names.
"My hammy is a little tight. I wish I was like Ausmus. He's Jewish and isn't allowed to have a pulled hamstring."

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 07:57:44 am »
Wacha and Kubitza, what great names.

Kyle Kubitza's the starting left fielder for Texas State.  Anyone know if they're kin?

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:14:37 am »
Kyle Kubitza's the starting left fielder for Texas State.  Anyone know if they're kin?

Kyle is Austin's older brother. Pretty good player too.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 09:56:22 am »
Kyle is Austin's older brother. Pretty good player too.

I figured so.  Can't be too many Kubitzas around.  You're right, he's mashing this year again...343/.521/.657

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »
In unrelated action, TxSt comes back from a 15-4 defecit to Houston in the eighth to win 17-15 on Casey Kalenkosky's 2nd homer of the game.  Wow.