Author Topic: Brass Ones  (Read 1330 times)

billymaz

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
Brass Ones
« on: September 28, 2006, 02:26:51 am »
With the gutty win in last night's game now safely in the bag and having to pick the poison at some point, I would now start Albers this afternoon and push Roy (and Rocket, more importantly) back a day. I'd take my chances rook vs rook; the 'stros are red-hot and will find a way to win.
"Have you made your decision for Christ?"

toddthebod

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Brass Ones
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 02:53:12 am »
I thought that you were referring to Garner walking Freddy Sanchez to pitch to Bay.  Or walking the basis loaded.  Now that took some serious stones.
Boom!

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 03:29:58 am »
Quote:

With the gutty win in last night's game now safely in the bag and having to pick the poison at some point, I would now start Albers this afternoon and push Roy (and Rocket, more importantly) back a day. I'd take my chances rook vs rook; the 'stros are red-hot and will find a way to win.

You have to do whatever you can to win your next game, I'll take Oswalt over Albers in  that situation.  You go with Roy even if the Pirates announced they were going to have Burnitz pitch, and he was going to go all 9.

astrojo

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 03:39:11 am »
Quote:

Quote:

You have to do whatever you can to win your next game, I'll take Oswalt over Albers in  that situation.  You go with Roy even if the Pirates announced they were going to have Burnitz pitch, and he was going to go all 9.

Well, I don't know about that.  If they send Burnitz out, I think I'd have to counter with Lane.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:10:43 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I don't know about that.  If they send Burnitz out, I think I'd have to counter with Lane.

Well, sure, because Burnitz is a lefty. Otherwise you'd start Roy, since he hits righties better than Lane.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 09:16:12 am »
Well, yeah, if you want to ignore that whole thing about getting Roy a start here to get him set up for another start early next week and the fact the bullpen got worn out last night.

You go with Roy today to keep him on schedule, the way they planned it out, and to hope he can go deep and get the pen a little well deserved rest.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 09:59:46 am »
Quote:

Otherwise you'd start Roy, since he hits righties better than Lane.

I know this wasn't what you meant, but that statement alone is almost true.  Scary or sad?  You decide.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 11:05:46 am »
you obviously have never done this before. you win today and let tomorrow or next week take care of itself.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

ValpoCory

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 01:23:31 pm »
Pushing Roy back means he would be going on short rest in the 1-game playoff against the Cardinals.  But Garner wouldn't do it since today's game is the most important game of the season.  Win this one.

Remember, Tom Gorzelanny had a quality start in Houston on August 10th.  6 IP, 2 runs.  This will be tough.