Author Topic: CB Bucknor Still Blows  (Read 1717 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
CB Bucknor Still Blows
« on: October 07, 2007, 03:12:10 pm »
He just blew the nth call of his career when Figgins went 1st to 3rd on Cabrera's single (Bot 3rd).  Figgins beat the throw with a good slide and Bucknor correctly signals safe.  But Figgins is off balance and sits back on his arse with both feet in the air and is clearly off the bag.  Lowell has kept his tag on Figgins, who is now clearly out, but I suppose Bucknor had gone back to chasing butterflies or something because he is uninterested in the Sawx protestations.

I don't give a crap who wins this game/series, but at least it should be won by the winner.  Bucknor makes that open to debate every time he takes the field.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

hillbillyken

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: CB Bucknor Still Blows
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:29:54 am »
The guy is a disaster!
If I was on the bump I'd hate to see hime behind the plate, his stike zone is like an 17 year old boy on prom night.

How did he get a playoff game?
Fear is temporary, regret is forever.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 08:36:22 am »
The guy is a disaster!
If I was on the bump I'd hate to see hime behind the plate, his stike zone is like an 17 year old boy on prom night.

How did he get a playoff game?

"on the bump"  how cute.

playoff umpires are not chosen by any sort of a merit system.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:48:57 am »
playoff umpires are not chosen by any sort of a merit system.

Clearly.

But this is insane!  The players have slogged it out for 6 months to make the playoffs and they deserve to get the best Umps out there.  The Bucknor fuck up didn't have any bearing on the match or the series, but that's not because he chose a non-pivotal moment at which to fuck up.  He got lucky and managed not to ruin the integrity of the game.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

gleach

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • Allison's Page
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 09:09:37 am »
He Limey, since you're here, have you played stickbaseball?  Since you got me hooked on stickcricket I thought I would ask
I love Geoff Leach.  Every day. 

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 10:43:05 am »
He Limey, since you're here, have you played stickbaseball?  Since you got me hooked on stickcricket I thought I would ask

Never knew it existed!!  Will try it now for sure (when I get home, stupid fun filter).

However, I am more than appropriately preoccupied by (1) my upcoming trip to Vegas for a buddy's 50th birthday / divorce party; and (2) England's campaign to retain the Rugby World Cup.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 11:00:03 am »

Thanks for the heads up on that one, btw my boss would like the last 30 minutes back.
Always ready to go to a game.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:20:38 pm »
(2) England's campaign to retain the Rugby World Cup.

Nice job dismissing the Aussies, btw.
Up in the Air

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 03:16:55 pm »
Nice job dismissing the Aussies, btw.

That was sweet.

Despite their defeat, in a fine gesture, the Aussies have agreed to reduce their carbon footprint by dropping the Kiwis off on the way home.