Author Topic: Kevin throws lefty a hanging breaker, and Lefty...  (Read 1906 times)

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
Kevin throws lefty a hanging breaker, and Lefty...
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:36:56 pm »
During discussion of El Kabong's new schtick of riding his s(ch)tick hose when hitting a dinger, Kevin wondered...

Quote from: Kevin on Today at 11:00:08 AM
Makes you wonder, What Would Jeff Bagwell Mutter (WWJBM)?

Which Lefty responded to by saying:

Nontraveling stickhorseshit show
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin throws lefty a hanging breaker, and Lefty...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 04:11:03 pm »
If the blue star is anywhere near being rolled out, I think Lefty gets blue star #1.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

JackAstro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 04:34:29 pm »
If the blue star is anywhere near being rolled out, I think Lefty gets blue star #1.

I think that's a no-brainer. I need to light a fire under my ass to get the Captain revised, pronto. Is the graphic the only thing holding it up, or are we still trying to figure out how to roll it out?
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 09:48:23 am »
I think that's a no-brainer. I need to light a fire under my ass to get the Captain revised, pronto.

Here ya go.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Noe

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:15 am »
I think that's a no-brainer. I need to light a fire under my ass to get the Captain revised, pronto. Is the graphic the only thing holding it up, or are we still trying to figure out how to roll it out?

I think we're ready to roll.  I thought about revising the award to "Dean Wormer's Blue Star Post of the Week", but there wasn't a ground swell of opinion on that one, so I let it go.

Looks like either a character likeness of Milo (without saying Milo) or a sea captain (think Fish Sticks logo-like captain).  Go for it.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:40 am »
Looks like either a character likeness of Milo (without saying Milo) or a sea captain (think Fish Sticks logo-like captain).  Go for it.

I'm not a fan of the Dean Wormer version, and I think we should avoid images of Milo.  A salty sea captain would work, or we could go really obscure and use Captain Blue.

JackAstro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 11:34:35 am »
I'm not a fan of the Dean Wormer version, and I think we should avoid images of Milo.  A salty sea captain would work, or we could go really obscure and use Captain Blue.

What in the fuck is that?

I'm cracking out a salty sea captain version, a la Gordon's fish sticks. Maybe with Milo's glasses. And a bottle of gin.
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 11:43:31 am »

I'm cracking out a salty sea captain version, a la Gordon's fish sticks. Maybe with Milo's glasses. And a bottle of gin.

You could really confuse people and go with a bottle of rum.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 03:37:50 pm »

I love the version you created.  Captain Blue was just indulging my youth...which is long gone.