Author Topic: 2 Runs?  (Read 15684 times)

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
2 Runs?
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:22:46 pm »
2 fucking runs against a 5th pitcher who we've seen, what, 18 times this season already, at home?

THAT was fucking weak.

Frustrating.  Better get one tomorrow.  Sure would like to be able to rest Rocket and Roy and be playing next weekend.

pravata

Re: 2 Runs?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 12:02:57 am »
Quote:

2 fucking runs against a 5th pitcher who we've seen, what, 18 times this season already, at home?

THAT was fucking weak.

Frustrating.  Better get one tomorrow.  Sure would like to be able to rest Rocket and Roy and be playing next weekend.

Rocket wants to pitch Sat., but it would be nice to only have him out there to work up a sweat and test the leg.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:04:16 am »
You knew what I meant.

Better to not NEED a win out of Roy and Rocket this weekend.

It's not even THAT we lost, so much that we couldn't get more than TWO fucking runs off this dope.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:07:59 am »
At least Lane spread the ball around on 3 of his 4 outs.

Why is Biggio leading off instead of Taveras?
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

pravata

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 12:09:16 am »

Garner says he's "just trying it" Taveras is in a bit of a slump.

pravata

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 12:09:16 am »
Quote:

Garner says he's "just trying it" Taveras is in a bit of a slump.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 12:11:18 am »
I read you the first time.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 12:12:58 am »
SI just named us the favorites to win the NL.

Shouldn't we qualify first?

pravata

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 12:13:47 am »
Quote:

I read you the first time.

How in the world do I do that on this board?

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 12:14:57 am »
Quote:

How in the world do I do that on this board?

Rookie mistake.  It happens, kid.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 12:16:40 am »
Quote:

SI just named us the favorites to win the NL.

Shouldn't we qualify first?

Bastards just jinxed the Astros.  

I did get a pretty cool cap tonight.

pravata

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 12:17:07 am »
Quote:

You knew what I meant.

Better to not NEED a win out of Roy and Rocket this weekend.

It's not even THAT we lost, so much that we couldn't get more than TWO fucking runs off this dope.

Now I do.  They looked tired tonight.  Some good defensive plays (the 7th sucked) but the offensive took a dirt nap.  We are now dancing with what brung us.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 12:21:09 am »
Yes, it looked all too familiar.  Which is not a good sign.  If we can't beat GLENDON RUSCH at HOME with the season at stake, how are we supposed to beat Tim Hudson in Atlanta on Thursday?  I'm not even going to ASK about Smoltz.

Smoltz could throw left handed, and he'd still shut us out in the playoffs.  FACT.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 12:22:23 am »
Quote:

Bastards just jinxed the Astros.

Yep, I was really hoping no one would do this.  Cards are too good.  Astros won't even beat the Braves.  Hell, Astros won't even MAKE the playoffs.

Argh.

pravata

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 12:23:38 am »
Quote:

Yes, it looked all too familiar.  Which is not a good sign.  If we can't beat GLENDON RUSCH at HOME with the season at stake, how are we supposed to beat Tim Hudson in Atlanta on Thursday?  I'm not even going to ASK about Smoltz.

Smoltz could throw left handed, and he'd still shut us out in the playoffs.  FACT.

At one point in this season the Astros were 16-31.  As Brown said, don't try to figure.  We're playing with house money.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 12:25:06 am »
Well, that's all good and well, but if we're going to bother MAKING the playoffs, I'd like to see us do something with this rotation.

Besides, spending $400 to drive across this state to watch us lose to the Braves is not exactly what I have in mind.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 12:28:11 am »
And look, regarding the rest of the regular season...there are 6 baseball games which directly interest us, of which we only require TWO positive outcomes.  Right now, the odds are in our favor.

Lose tomorrow and Phils win, it starts to get scary again.

Frobie

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 12:28:48 am »
Quote:

At one point in this season the Astros were 16-31.  As Brown said, don't try to figure.  We're playing with house money.

If there's one thing I've learned this year, it's that these guys take things a day at a time.  No way they are looking past this series.

We may get it done or we may not, but I guarantee the 'Stros will show up to play the next three days.

And if we lose then we can spend the whole offseason figuring out which one of y'all pissed off the BBGs this week.

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 01:11:17 am »
20/20 hind sight say's Mansolino should have held Gipson at third.  Only Taveras has proven he scores on a double from first.  I think last night sent Gipson.  Still, gotta be proud of Luke for bringing it late in the clutch tonight.
RO RASROS!

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 01:21:28 am »
You have to send him there.  They needed Patterson to field it perfectly, make a perfect throw, Macias to make a perfect throw home, and Blanco to make a perfect catch and hold on to get Gipson out.  If any one of those 5 things is slightly off, he's safe.  I'm not going to regret that decision at all.

On a side note, I am going to do absolutely nothing work-related at work tomorrow.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 10:10:33 am »
I don't disagree with sending him (only viewing this with my 20/20 perfect world glasses on) but I do expect major leagers to do all five of the afformentioned perfectly.  There's no proof that Gipson is gonna out run a perfect relay, I'm just saying that Taveras could, and I think Manolino was hoping for the Cubs to screw up more than he was sure his runner was fast enough.  High risk, high reward if it works, but it didn't and that's baseball.
RO RASROS!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 10:34:52 am »
Quote:

I don't disagree with sending him (only viewing this with my 20/20 perfect world glasses on) but I do expect major leagers to do all five of the afformentioned perfectly.  There's no proof that Gipson is gonna out run a perfect relay, I'm just saying that Taveras could, and I think Manolino was hoping for the Cubs to screw up more than he was sure his runner was fast enough.  High risk, high reward if it works, but it didn't and that's baseball.

There was no doubt in my mind when Gipson rounded third that
a.) Mansolino was going to send him.
and
b.) he was going to be out unless someone made a pretty bad error.

Talk about perfect cutoff throws all you want, Patterson's throw wasn't even that strong. Macias made a great throw and nailed him by a pretty good way.
If he doesn't send him, its Biggio up with runners on the corners.
Very frustrating, even though I understand why he sent Gipson.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 10:36:07 am »
Quote:

Quote:

and

Talk about perfect cutoff throws all you want, Patterson's throw wasn't even that strong. Macias made a great throw and nailed him by a pretty good way.

Mark, Ausmus was on deck.

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 10:37:02 am »
Actually, Ausmus was on deck.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 10:40:53 am »
..and ready to knock the RCAP out of the ball.
RO RASROS!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2005, 10:47:19 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and

Mark, Ausmus was on deck.

Well, that changes everything!
Thank God we sent Gipson... Ausmus sucks!
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2005, 10:51:03 am »
Was Luke Scott using a shorter bat than normal?  Looked like a fat billy stick.
RO RASROS!

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2005, 10:53:32 am »
Also, Scott was getting into 2nd (with no one covering) just as Macias was making the cutoff.  He would have been on 3rd had Gipson scored.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2005, 11:01:44 am »
Rusch beat the Cardinals twice in a week and has pitched well against Houston. he is not some scrub.

i lost track of the spot in the order Scott was hitting. Ausmus was on deck? who was in the 9 hole?

Mansolino was going to send him on any double and hope for an off-line relay throw.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2005, 11:11:45 am »
Quote:

Was Luke Scott using a shorter bat than normal?  Looked like a fat billy stick.

No. I noticed his lack of big lumber in a couple of other games.

NTTAWWT
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2005, 11:16:33 am »
Ausmus was in the 9 hole.  After Bagwell pinch hit for Chavez, Wheeler went into the 8 spot and Ausmus in the 9.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2005, 11:17:28 am »
Quote:

Rusch beat the Cardinals twice in a week and has pitched well against Houston. he is not some scrub.

i lost track of the spot in the order Scott was hitting. Ausmus was on deck? who was in the 9 hole?

Mansolino was going to send him on any double and hope for an off-line relay throw.  

Inning before, Chavez was ph'ed (I think it was Palmerio), then Viz for the pitcher.  Top of the ninth had Ausmus in the 9 hole, and Wheeler in the 8 hole.

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 11:21:10 am »
Quote:

On a side note, I am going to do absolutely nothing work-related at work tomorrow.

You are not alone.
RO RASROS!

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 11:44:42 am »
Quote:

Wrong-o, Jim.

56-86, 4.90 career numbers; 7-7, 4.32 this season as a starter.  He is a scrub, one lucky week or not.  That he has had success against us this year doesn't take away "scrub" status.  In any case, he had an ERA of 4.58 against us this season before tonight; not exactly "good."

Last night's offensive output was weak.

pravata

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2005, 11:49:14 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Wrong-o, Jim.

56-86, 4.90 career numbers; 7-7, 4.32 this season as a starter.  He is a scrub, one lucky week or not.  That he has had success against us this year doesn't take away "scrub" status.  In any case, he had an ERA of 4.58 against us this season before tonight; not exactly "good."

Last night's offensive output was weak.

He's not great, but he's no scrub neither.  He's a very servicable pitcher.  I was coveting him for the Astros at the beginning of the season.  He was hitting some corners last night.  Of course, it's no revelation that in way too many games this season the Astros offensive has been on the soggy side of al dente.

Dobro

• Prime Time Player
  • Triple Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2005, 11:53:59 am »
2 runs is pretty fucking weak, but the ump single-handedly shut down 2 innings that could have been big for the Astros.
Lighten up, Francis.

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2005, 11:55:14 am »
Thou shall not covet another teams No. 5 scrub.
RO RASROS!

pravata

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2005, 11:56:35 am »
Quote:

But he's a starter/reliever left handed scrub.

Tralfaz

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2005, 12:01:34 pm »
A sin is a sin, even if she was beautiful.
RO RASROS!

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2005, 12:02:08 pm »
Quote:

Slop-throwing lefty.  Astro-kryptonite.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2005, 12:03:58 pm »
Quote:

20/20 hind sight say's Mansolino should have held Gipson at third.  Only Taveras has proven he scores on a double from first.  I think last night sent Gipson.  Still, gotta be proud of Luke for bringing it late in the clutch tonight.

Foresight says that Mansolino should've held Gipson at 3rd.  He was dead before he rounded the bag.  Mansolino needs to do some research because I'm convinced he's simply guessing half the time.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2005, 12:07:39 pm »
It's a lot more than half, although last night, he was right.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2005, 12:12:56 pm »
Quote:

It's a lot more than half, although last night, he was right.

Eh?  Wasn't even close at home.  Eusebio would've made that tag, and he was about as gun-shy as they come.  They'd made up their minds to send the runner on any gapper, but he has the option of getting his arse down the line and holding the runnner if things aren't developing how you'd like.

A baserunner isn't a fire-and-forget missile.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2005, 12:13:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Right.  Look, I think I would take him too as a Terry Mulholland type.  But that doesn't mean I expect him to give up no more than 2 runs per outing; especially considering the entire situation last night.

It was weak, there is no excuse.  We got SIX off of this year's Cy Young winner the night before.

pravata

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2005, 12:19:58 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right.  Look, I think I would take him too as a Terry Mulholland type.  But that doesn't mean I expect him to give up no more than 2 runs per outing; especially considering the entire situation last night.

It was weak, there is no excuse.  We got SIX off of this year's Cy Young winner the night before.

It's a little late in the season to be bitching about the offense.  It was weak, the excuse, they are weak.  Defense, while in spots spectacular (Everett in the hole, Ensberg leaping, Berkman scooping) took a couple plays off too.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2005, 12:21:42 pm »
foresight is what caused him to send him. he was not guessing--he decided that he would send him on any double so as not leave it up to the next guy. i have been exactly where he was, and you look and feel stupid  when the throw is good. it was a gamble, certainly, but a defensible one.

Alkie:to you after a loss--any loss--the pitcher who beat us is a scrub, and we were terrible. i would take Rusch on the Astros any-o-time.

Limey: down the line? did you see where Mansolino was? go watch the replay--he was 5-10 feet from the plate. he did everything right as far as positioning goes. he just made up his mind to score the guy--or get him thrown out--on any double.

calm down. we are still in first.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2005, 12:30:29 pm »
Quote:

It's a little late in the season to be bitching about the offense.  It was weak, the excuse, they are weak.  Defense, while in spots spectacular (Everett in the hole, Ensberg leaping, Berkman scooping) took a couple plays off too.

I totally disagree.  That the offense has sucked to this point doesn't mean I can't bitch about it.  If anything, you'd think we'd have, oh I don't know, "improved" as the season wore on.

If we could get SIX off of Carpenter in Busch, we should have been able to get more than 2 off Rusch.  You're trying to change the topic.  I'm not saying "why did we lose?"  I'm saying "why can't we get more than 2 runs off Glendon Rusch at home in a near-clinch situation?"

pravata

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2005, 12:30:39 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But I'll add this.  There was a subtle sign of how far this team has come.  In the 3rd when Lee hit a fly to left center, Burke was calling, Taveras was calling.  Taveras made the catch, no collison.

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2005, 12:37:01 pm »
Always the optimist.  I've always said that about you.

pravata

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2005, 12:39:48 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I totally disagree.  That the offense has sucked to this point doesn't mean I can't bitch about it.  If anything, you'd think we'd have, oh I don't know, "improved" as the season wore on.

If we could get SIX off of Carpenter in Busch, we should have been able to get more than 2 off Rusch.  You're trying to change the topic.  I'm not saying "why did we lose?"  I'm saying "why can't we get more than 2 runs off Glendon Rusch at home in a near-clinch situation?"

The only answer I have to that is dunno.  The reverse of that question is how come Carpenter looked like crap?  And 2 runs, for a team that has been shut out in over 10% of their games, so far, is an improvement.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2005, 12:41:25 pm »
Quote:

foresight is what caused him to send him. he was not guessing--he decided that he would send him on any double so as not leave it up to the next guy. i have been exactly where he was, and you look and feel stupid  when the throw is good. it was a gamble, certainly, but a defensible one.

I have a problem with not assessing the decision during the play.  The hit wasn't a true double, it wasn't really a gapper.  It split the field, but was picked up cleanly.  If no one's on base, that's a single.  The throw was coming in before Gipson rounded 3rd - Mansolino could've stopped him.

Of course, I'm bitching about the tieing run being thrown out at the plate.  No guarantee that they score again even if Gipson makes it.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2005, 12:42:12 pm »
no answer to that question. they guessed right on a squeeze. Ensberg hit into a DP in a blow it open inning. the LFer took a double away from Lane in another almost big inning. Rusch made some quality pitches. the other guys are major leaguers too.

it was a double, and Patterson went into a slide to get it. Mansolino was committed to forcing a perfect throw; he did not want to leave it up to the next hitter. he scores on anything other than a perfect relay. shit happens.

lc_db

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • I_dont_need_no_stinkin_homepage.com
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2005, 12:49:23 pm »
Quote:

....he decided that he would send him on any double so as not leave it up to the next guy.

Sure...  on a "double" I don't have a problem with it, but a ball that gets cut off in the gap like that??  Albeit with a sliding stop.

I'm not sure Scott makes it to second if he leads off w/ that hit.

Sometimes you eat the bear.... and sometimes the bear eats you.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2005, 12:50:26 pm »
double all the way. Patterson could not get it to anyone but the cutoff man in the OF.

cuban

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • elrubendelmar.org/
Milo said immediately after the play
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2005, 12:54:33 pm »
that Gipson took a wide turn around 3rd. And that he should take a queue from Bagwell and cut that bag a lot sharper.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Milo said immediately after the play
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 01:00:30 pm »
Quote:

that Gipson took a wide turn around 3rd. And that he should take a queue from Bagwell and cut that bag a lot sharper.

Gibson's turn wasn't that bad.  He was running hard all the way.  He got thrown out.  I personally would not have sent him, but Mansolino took the gamble and lost.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Bill McLuggage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2005, 02:04:46 pm »
Fuck the sCrubs.  The 'Stros'll get 'em tonight.  Company's paying for us to go and sit in the CF patio.  Patterson gets a goddamn steak thrown on his head if he gets within spitting distance of Tal's Hill.
How can you ask me a question like that?  Do you ask The Beatles that??

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 02:14:08 pm »
Fuck the sCrubs.  The 'Stros'll get 'em tonight.  Company's paying for us to go and sit in the CF patio.  Patterson gets a goddamn steak thrown on his head if he gets within spitting distance of Tal's Hill.
I just wanted to post this as far away from Noé’s post as possible so that when the fire and brimstone came raining down, I was nowhere near the destruction.  I don't want Hampton's body parts spewing all over my back as 1) I don't look back and 2) he explodes into a million pieces.

Hampton looks like he'll be serviceable for at least some part of this year.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:19:06 pm by das »
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 02:19:44 pm »
I just wanted to post this as far away from Noé’s post as possible so that when the fire and brimstone came raining down, I was nowhere near the destruction.  I don't want Hampton's body parts spewing all over my back as 1) I don't look back and 2) he explodes into a million pieces.

Hampton looks like he'll be serviceable for at least some part of this year.

Or the old pillar of salt thing.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 02:39:24 pm »
Or the old pillar of salt thing.

Hang on a minute....  This is a 2005 thread?  Wow!  Can I even post in here?  Will it somehow affect future events if I do?  This feels kinda....dirty.

In the event that my inclusion in this thread somehow reaches the 2005 versions of JimR, Noe, Limey, etc -- The Astros make it to the WS.  Don't ask what happens when they get there.
Oh, and somebody named Barack Obama is now president.
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 02:40:38 pm »

And get this...he was a senator!
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:25 pm »
Hang on a minute....  This is a 2005 thread?  Wow!  Can I even post in here?  Will it somehow affect future events if I do?  This feels kinda....dirty.

You can post in here, but be sure to avoid coming across your 2005 self.  Otherwise you risk causing a rift in the space-time continuuuuuum that can only be repaired by creating a tacheon-phase shift in a static warp field and/or duct tape.

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2009, 02:52:19 pm »
Wow, that was weird.  For a second there, I thought Alkie was back.
Grab another Coke and let's die

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2009, 02:59:56 pm »
Wow, that was weird.  For a second there, I thought Alkie was back.

Same here.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

drew corleone

• View Profile
    • http://2centmovies.blogspot.com
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2009, 03:41:02 pm »

In the event that my inclusion in this thread somehow reaches the 2005 versions of JimR, Noe, Limey, etc -- The Astros make it to the WS.  Don't ask what happens when they get there.
You're okay. When Hampton came back to the Island the record stopped skipping.

JackAstro

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2009, 03:57:14 pm »
You're okay. When Hampton came back to the Island the record stopped skipping.

DAMMIT

Wrap that shit in a spoiler tag next time. This actually explains a lot about his health issues...
"We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?"
Say hi on the Twitter

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2009, 03:58:35 pm »
DAMMIT

Are we talking about Lost or 24?
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

The Spleen

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2009, 06:42:53 pm »
<SPOILER> Galactica finds Earth. The survivors decide that they no longer need technology, pitching or defense. The music swells as they blissfully condemn themselves to 150,000 years of famine, cholera, random lion maulings and 12-11 losses. Cut to the present day, Baltar and Caprica Six, pants-pissing drunk in the Wrigley bleachers. "Maybe this time it will be different!" The End. </SPOILER>
When the Clark is dead, Spack will eat his spleen. Before he dies, Spack will put his posts under the knife so the Clark will see his threads wiped out forever...

TheWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2009, 11:03:40 pm »
And we all now drive around in flying cars.
Today seems like a good day to burn a bridge or two

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2009, 01:30:43 am »
Oh, and Alkie? You're going to take up Scientology and drop out of baseball fandom altogether.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

Alkie

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2009, 06:31:50 pm »
Oh, and Alkie? You're going to take up Scientology and drop out of baseball fandom altogether.

Done.   I've been gone for years.  Don't you check the dates on the posts before you respond?   I'm long gone; Praise L Ron.

Holly

• View Profile
    • The Dutton Family
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2009, 09:59:06 am »
OK, this is creepy.

I need to buy my turtle an outfit.
Don't put the baby in the bulldozer.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:19 pm »
Done.   I've been gone for years.  Don't you check the dates on the posts before you respond?   I'm long gone; Praise L Ron.

I don't know about that L. Ron guy, I tried that diuretics and all I did was wear the carpet out to the bathroom.
He breezed him, one more time!

tbone421998

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2009, 07:27:02 am »
This thread has gone from the weird to the bizarre. :o