Author Topic: Maybe Next Year  (Read 1596 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Maybe Next Year
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:32:22 pm »
For what it's worth, the Astros have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  Not unsurprisingly, at this stage, they are the only team eliminated.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

roadrunner

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe Next Year
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 04:43:26 pm »
I want Rodon.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:43:46 pm »
For what it's worth, the Astros have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.  Not unsurprisingly, at this stage, they are the only team eliminated.

Shucks.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 05:10:47 pm »
I want Rodon.
For all the praise and drool this kid seems to inspire, really, what are the odds that, 10 years from now, he will stand out as the clear best player from the 2014 draft?

Personally, I am rooting for the Astros to win every game possible from now until the end of the year. If they finish with the worst record, then Rodon or whoever the #1 pick is will be a great consolation prize, but honestly, the #2 overall pick probably has virtually the same chance to wind up being the best player of the draft.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 06:36:13 pm »
just wondering how many games the bullpen lost to this point
forever is composed entirely of nows

Texifornia

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:44:18 pm »
Not unsurprisingly? Meaning you're surprised they are the first team to be eliminated? I'm not.
He breezed him, one more time!

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 12:56:11 pm »
Put me down as blindsided.
E come vivo? Vivo.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 08:23:17 pm »
Mathematically eliminated now, but realistically eliminated long before the season even started.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

pots

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 07:15:10 am »
For all the praise and drool this kid seems to inspire, really, what are the odds that, 10 years from now, he will stand out as the clear best player from the 2014 draft?

Personally, I am rooting for the Astros to win every game possible from now until the end of the year. If they finish with the worst record, then Rodon or whoever the #1 pick is will be a great consolation prize, but honestly, the #2 overall pick probably has virtually the same chance to wind up being the best player of the draft.

Personally I'm rooting for the Astros and Miami to win each night.  Rodon is a prize.  A lot can happen between now and next June but he's looking like he's advanced enough that he'd pitch mid-2015 or earlier for the Astros.  And I'm still believing the playoffs in 2015 are a possibility.