Author Topic: Cubs...Fucked  (Read 1198 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Cubs...Fucked
« on: August 03, 2010, 09:09:19 am »
Not only was last night's late-inning beatdown of the Jakes enjoyable on an intrinsic level, it was paired with a Cubs loss that leapfrogged the good guys over the north side rabble.  Better yet, the Cubs' loss was spectacular.  They coughed up 18 runs on 26 hits to the same Brew Crew that scored only 2 runs all series in Houston.  The final was 18-1.  Beautiful.

My favourite part, though, was the top of the 9th in Wrigley.  The Brewers had already tacked on two more runs to get to 18 on the night, and had the bases loaded with 2 out.  Trevor Hoffman came up and, instead of PHing for him, they let him hit.  He made the final out.

In cricket, because the game is time-sensitive, you can give up your remaining outs to save time if you believe you've scored enough runs.  It's called "declaring".  Last night in Chicago was the closest thing to a declaration I've seen in baseball.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
Re: Cubs...Fucked
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:04:58 am »
a thinkg of beauty is a joy to behold
forever is composed entirely of nows

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:43:37 am »
From TFLN:

(317)

she said she's never had an orgasm AND she's a cubs fan...ouch.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 10:49:38 am »
In cricket, because the game is time-sensitive, you can give up your remaining outs to save time if you believe you've scored enough runs.  It's called "declaring".  Last night in Chicago was the closest thing to a declaration I've seen in baseball.

...until the next night when the Astros do it to the Jakes.  Classic.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.